Tables in wonderland card question...

To re-coop the $100 purchase price, you would need to spend $500 pre-discounted.

I'd say the $500 isn't perfectly accurate if you've already got some other discount which many who purchase do. If you've got DVC or an AP then you can already get 10% at a lot of places, but that doesn't include alcohol. Assuming you ate at a place that got you the 10% the extra 10% off you'd have to spend $1,000. In reality it's somewhere in between if you buy alcohol with your meals.

Too many restrictions on the DVC discounts, each restaurant that accepts it and many do not, has a bit different rules. For maximum flexibility, IMHO, the TIW card is the easiest to use.

how much would I need to spend to clear my 20% off?
The breakeven point is at $500 in meals/beverages and taxes combined, which is about $470 in meal and beverage costs and $30 in taxes at 6.5%. With the TIW discount, the cost of your meals and beverages and the tax would be $376 and $24 respectively ($400 total) so at that point you have recovered the $100 cost of the TIW card.

Also check to make sure the restaurants you want to dine at accept it, such as my family favorite in EP Teppan Edo doesn't.

Plus there are blackouts for some of the more popular restaurants. Our favorites are blacked out during Flower & Garden, so it not a perk for us anymore.

Can you but the TIW card anywhere at DTD?? Would it be guest services, or something else?

We used to love to go to Victoria and Albert's at GF but they stopped honoring the TiW card. Not too long ago the card was honored just about everywhere.

Like many great perks, Disney tends to dilute the benefits once we get used to using them. Kind of a bummer.

I love our TiW card; I just hope there is no truth in the rumors that the card will be going away in the near future. :confused3

I love our TiW card; I just hope there is no truth in the rumors that the card will be going away in the near future. :confused3
Not sure where you heard that rumor. I haven't heard anything of the like. Well, except for the joke someone posted on April Fools. That seemed to take a life of it's own, and we're still seeing fallout.

Not sure where you heard that rumor. I haven't heard anything of the like. Well, except for the joke someone posted on April Fools. That seemed to take a life of it's own, and we're still seeing fallout.

This rumor has begun to work it's way around several of the Disney Forum sites including the DIS as well as some posting on FB about it (A Google search will bring some up). As of right now there is no substantial proof or any proof for that matter of this happening. I certainly hope it is just rumors being passed around and that the TiW card will be around for many more years. However, I'm also concerned where there is smoke there is fire; I've seen plenty of quiet rumors become reality. I guess time will tell. As for those April Fools jokes, I sure did see them on here and yes they were pretty good. :goodvibes

Last edited:
People have been told by staff at the new Boathouse restaurant that they don't take TIW because Disney essentially told them not to bother, as it will be going away property wide soon. It's possible this is misinformation or plans change, but it is discouraging.

I would imagine they can't discontinue it until all cards in the wild have expired, so I'd hope we get at least a year notice...

I would imagine they can't discontinue it until all cards in the wild have expired, so I'd hope we get at least a year notice...
The current rumor is they will stop selling the TiW card at the end of this year (12/31/2015). Existing TiW cards will be honored through their expiration date.

To piggyback, when do you they usually post the "additional blackout dates"? This year we arrived on June 19th, so I just avoided those restaurants for the first two days of our trip. Next year, out entire trip will be in the May 31-June 20 window, so I wonder if I should avoid those places? or will they add more?

The current rumor is they will stop selling the TiW card at the end of this year (12/31/2015). Existing TiW cards will be honored through their expiration date.

Ugh, I hope that isn't true. I've have been getting the card for 10 years since it was called the Disney dining experience. They will probably take the ap and dvc discounts away too. I see a lot of offsite dining in our future. Though our list of favorite is very small now and can be counted on one hand. I feel like we keep losing things, but the price keeps going up.

Just checked my card and it expires the end of November. If this turns out to be true I will call in December to order a new one for 2016. Only passholders can order over the phone, not dvc members. I know I wouldn't get a full year out of it but it would still cover my 5 weeks of trips for 2016, or more. I would really miss this discount. Before buying the DDE card in 2005, my husband was a CM for 8 years, so it's been 18 years of dining discounts for us. I would have serious withdrawals

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!