Swolphin vs CSR - what are the differences for these off/on site resorts?

I've never been to either but I subscribed to this thread BECAUSE, I am pondering the same thing. We stayed at POR last time. This time
July 2014 I was set on CSR but then I hear about Swan/Dolphin and I love Westin Hotels & the location is amazing! The disney theme at the hotel means little to nothing to me. The luxury does. I can't afford WL or CR, but I could Swan/dolphin. So why am I still considering CSR?? I like the DDP & I like the idea of room key, park tix, WP tickets, and charging all on one key or band. I'm a bit unorganized so the thought of all that @ "stuff" together is something that's valuable to me.

When I'm in their lobby or in their rooms, I could be *anywhere* in the US at any Hilton or Marriott or Westin, etc.

Don't get me wrong-we would choose BW and YC/BC over S&D by far, but as the OP said if we had to choose S&D or a mod, we would choose S&D over any Mod or Value (and actually over SSR/OKW/AKL) because of the location to 2 parks and the BW area. Hate buses.

That said, when we saw this from our room-we knew we were not in just any other Deluxe in the US. I think EPCOT views are pretty good as well. But then we would still choose S&D even with a ground floor room.

e1ffaa3a-0322-40d9-9130-464bfce81e9b.jpg

We stayed at the Dolphin the beginning of August and had these perks:
Extra Magic Hours
Was able to send purchases back to the resort
Free parking at the parks if you drive
Disney bus and boat transportation
Character dining onsite
Was able to buy tickets onsite

The only two things that were not available to us were the dining plans and magical express.

We're staying at Dolphin in November...and after having stayed at BC once,we LOVE being able to walk to HS and Epcot whenever we felt like it.....plus the boats back and forth,and the boardwalk just to walk and enjoy.... The only drawback for us,is we're not keeping a rental car to avoid parking fee at hotel. SO we'll just get a cab to go to airport,shouldn;t be a big deal;)

...oh,and it seems a lot of the restaurants at Swolphin have a AAA discount,so that's another bonus:thumbsup2

I'm talking about subtle details in resort decor, architecture, etc. that make them stand apart. I can tell the difference between the Poly's lobby versus BC's lobby versus AKL's lobby (and their rooms, pools, etc.). Each resort has unique details that make it different from others not only in WDW, but just about anywhere else. .

I know exactly what you mean.... it's the 'immersion factor' of Dis resorts... I love them,we visit as many as possible just to hang out and soak it up..... Like at POFQ, all the details,gardens,music,etc combine for a certain feel that is very different from the Poly....which is different from CBR..... I will miss that, but my other 'benefits' outweigh that this trip......I love Beach club,and will probably hang out there in the daytime just to soak it up,and staying at the Dolphin,I can easily do that!:thumbsup2

We're staying at Dolphin in November...and after having stayed at BC once,we LOVE being able to walk to HS and Epcot whenever we felt like it.....plus the boats back and forth,and the boardwalk just to walk and enjoy.... The only drawback for us,is we're not keeping a rental car to avoid parking fee at hotel. SO we'll just get a cab to go to airport,shouldn;t be a big deal;)

We had 5 take a limo to MCO-about $65 plus tip. Took about 25 minutes total from walking out the door of the Dolphin, no ressie even. ME is 3 hours before the flight-fun but time consuming.

With FP+ I can see a cab/limo as our new choice. That way we can check out at 11 and send the bags home on Delta (S&D/BW/BC whatever) walk over to EPCOT or DHS for lunch and 3 afternoon FP+ and catch our 8PM flight back easily.

Limo? what company?:goodvibes

HaHa-actually that's what they called it, it was a Town Car and they had vans for even larger parties, I think even the same price.

They are just in a line all day waiting for someone to come out.

Don't get me wrong-we would choose BW and YC/BC over S&D by far, but as the OP said if we had to choose S&D or a mod, we would choose S&D over any Mod or Value (and actually over SSR/OKW/AKL) because of the location to 2 parks and the BW area. Hate buses.

I totally agree with this. We love BWV and are dying to stay at BCV. But when budget is an issue or discounts aren't available, S/D is our next choice.

I totally agree with this. We love BWV and are dying to stay at BCV. But when budget is an issue or discounts aren't available, S/D is our next choice.

We're DVC members and our home resort is BWV. We usually fly in on a Thursday or Friday. The pts. needed are these days are ridiculous-close to if not double. We usually spend these first couple of nights at the Swan/Dolphin because the location is the only a minute away from BWV. Sometimes we stay at CSR.

I used to be into the whole Disney theme being important but after so many trips, I'm over it. A few hidden Mickeys in bedspreads or carpets does not equal having comfortable beds. Disney's deluxe resorts have understated Disney theme anyway.

OP, I don't know if you all are like us but after a long day in the park, we like to order room service, kickback, and order a movie to help us unwind. CSR offers limited room service and unless it's changed since last October, WDW doesn't offer movie ordering at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter