Switzerland may begin allowing vaccinated Americans on June 28th...

Things are pretty open here (at least the things a tourist cares about). Still a mask mandate indoors and on transit but (a) not really enforced and (b) likely to be removed pretty soon.

We called yesterday to make final payment (which is due the 7th). They asked us to wait until the 7th to pay. Now I'm nervous all over again. The trip is still posted and not "waitlisted". I guess it's wait and see some more.

We called yesterday to make final payment (which is due the 7th). They asked us to wait until the 7th to pay. Now I'm nervous all over again. The trip is still posted and not "waitlisted". I guess it's wait and see some more.
Do you know how many people are booked on your ABD? Our Spain ABD had only 10 and when our TA called a week before pay in full, the vacationista said to wait to book our flights. It was cancelled a week later.

Unfortunately, I don't thinkt this is a good sign. I have never heard of them not allowing guests to pay in full a bit early. I would start making back up plans if you really want to travel.

Tauck has a list of trips that are a go (barring any unforseen circumstances) for 2021. We went ahead and booked a Tauck tour which was cheaper than our ABD.

I have *never* heard anyone report before that ABD asked them to wait until PIF date to pay off their trip! That's really odd. Unless they know they're cancelling tomorrow, I don't understand what they'd gain by asking you to wait a day. Very odd.

Sayhello

Which trip are you taking? My wife and I are booked on the 9/30 Rhine river cruise. Waiting to see when the river cruises really start before I book airfare. Our final payment is due the 28th

We are booked on the 9/20 adult only Oktoberfest river cruise on the Danube. Our final payment is July 18, but travel agent needs it early to make sure it processes without a problem. Let me know if any earlier cruises are given the green light!

Do you know how many people are booked on your ABD? Our Spain ABD had only 10 and when our TA called a week before pay in full, the vacationista said to wait to book our flights. It was cancelled a week later.

We have 30, so a good number.

I have *never* heard anyone report before that ABD asked them to wait until PIF date to pay off their trip! That's really odd. Unless they know they're cancelling tomorrow, I don't understand what they'd gain by asking you to wait a day. Very odd.

Sayhello
I thought it was kind of crazy. Final payment is tomorrow. We called yesterday. I keep telling myself not to get too excited, but I can't help it. At least we booked our air through ABD, so if they cancel last minute, I don't have to deal with the airlines.

I thought it was kind of crazy. Final payment is tomorrow. We called yesterday. I keep telling myself not to get too excited, but I can't help it. At least we booked our air through ABD, so if they cancel last minute, I don't have to deal with the airlines.
Wow, 30 is a good number! Let us know what happens. I am crossing my finger for you!

So have you Paid in Full yet?

Sayhello
So have you Paid in Full yet?

Sayhello
We did pay in full yesterday. It wasn't quite the hopeful fuzzy feeling I was hoping for. Per the vacationista, "our trip is not confirmed" STILL. I'm not sure why. Both countries are open. They have 30 travellers and they were happy to take our money but they still aren't guarantying that we're going. I'm not sure why they declined to take our payment 2 days ago as absolutely nothing has changed except now they have "more" of our money.

We did pay in full yesterday. It wasn't quite the hopeful fuzzy feeling I was hoping for. Per the vacationista, "our trip is not confirmed" STILL. I'm not sure why. Both countries are open. They have 30 travellers and they were happy to take our money but they still aren't guarantying that we're going. I'm not sure why they declined to take our payment 2 days ago as absolutely nothing has changed except now they have "more" of our money.

I know it’s been said on the boards, but I just still can’t believe they’re forcing people to PIF for trips that aren’t even confirmed. Smh

Just because a country is "open" does not mean that all the elements of your trip are open or even still in business. For example, here in Ireland, technically US tourists can travel here, BUT we still don't have indoor dining and there are a huge number of restaurants and bars who have been closed since March 2020 and can not open due to not having the facilities for outdoor dining. We also still have a mask mandate for all public transport, retail and indoor spaces such as museums, tourist attractions, hotels etc and there are capacity levels. So American tourists travelling to Ireland will have a very reduced vacation experience. You don't know whats going on behind the scenes with ABD, there could be many issues going on that are outside their control.

Just because a country is "open" does not mean that all the elements of your trip are open or even still in business. For example, here in Ireland, technically US tourists can travel here, BUT we still don't have indoor dining and there are a huge number of restaurants and bars who have been closed since March 2020 and can not open due to not having the facilities for outdoor dining. We also still have a mask mandate for all public transport, retail and indoor spaces such as museums, tourist attractions, hotels etc and there are capacity levels. So American tourists travelling to Ireland will have a very reduced vacation experience. You don't know whats going on behind the scenes with ABD, there could be many issues going on that are outside their control.

As I already noted above, we ARE open. Mask mandates indoors and on public transport but indoor dining has been open for weeks and no capacity levels on transport or restaurants (or things like movies, but that probably doesn't matter to the OP).

On the other hand, we are on (roughly) day 712 of rain. I exaggerate (obviously) but it has been a wet summer so far. Rarely all day rain, but we seem to get some rain most days.

Last edited:
For record, I believe that we are on (approximately) day 712 with rain.

As I already noted above, we ARE open. Mask mandates indoors and on public transport but indoor dining has been open for weeks and no capacity levels on transport or restaurants (or things like movies, but that probably doesn't matter to the OP).

On the other hand, we are on (roughly) day 712 of rain. I exaggerate (obviously) but it has been a wet summer so far. Rarely all day rain, but we seem to get some rain most days.
I love Ireland in the rain. I love Ireland on a train. I love Ireland on a dime. I love Ireland ANYTIME!

Even Forrest Gump rain wouldn't get me down. You live in a gorgeous place!

I love Ireland in the rain. I love Ireland on a train. I love Ireland on a dime. I love Ireland ANYTIME!

Even Forrest Gump rain wouldn't get me down. You live in a gorgeous place!

I live in Switzerland :) Which is why I was mentioning that we are open - since this is where the OP is going. Sorry for confusion.

Though it is also a beautiful place that I'm lucky to be able to enjoy (if we ignore the fact that is one of the most expensive places in the world to live). When it isn't raining, I can see the distant peaks of Mont Blanc from my window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter