Switching Magic Bands

krose4

Thanking the Phoenicians
Hi guys, a small question about how to work a fastpass for my trip in March. I'm going with my husband, my friend and her boyfriend. DHS is a bit weird for us, my husband and I are trying to conceive, so there are a few rides I'm completely avoiding, two of them being ToT and RnR (which ugh, are some of my favorites). Also, my friend's boyfriend doesn't like big coasters and will not do RnR.

I booked my fastpasses on Wed and got 2 FP each for ToT and RnR overlapping the same hour, as they are next to eachother and only 2 people in the party want to ride each. My DH and friend are riding RnR together, and my friend and her boyfriend are riding ToT together. All but one of the ToT fastpasses are linked to the right person, with the 2nd ToT being linked to me when my friend is riding.

My question is, has anyone switched magic bands so someone else could use a fastpass? Is this something I should worry about, or is it not a big deal? Is there any indicator to the park staff that she's using my band and not her own?

no problem switching/borrowing a magic band for a ride - sometimes we book and then different people want to ride then we thought so we adjust as needed and have passed around magic bands as needed. Good luck with everything.

We do it all the time. Lots of rides make me motion sick or are too high for my out of control fear of heights. I make fastpasses any way. Hand my DH my magic band & he gets to ride everything twice. No issues at all.

As long as you enter the park with your magic band its perfectly acceptable to then hand it to your friend to use for the TOT FP.
My parents tend to do this for thrill rides because my dad likes them and my mom doesn't so he gets 2 rides and she doesn't have to sit around forever.

We do it all the time. Lots of rides make me motion sick or are too high for my out of control fear of heights. I make fastpasses any way. Hand my DH my magic band & he gets to ride everything twice. No issues at all.
Yep, we do the exact same thing. I like the thrill rides, my wife doesn't. So we book two fastpasses for those rides, and I just put her magic band on my other wrist and ride twice. The hardest part is remembering which wrist I used the first time through.

Perfectly fine. My son and I do this often. I do not ride ToT or PW but he loves them so I book FP for us both and give him my MB and he goes twice. CM has never batted an eye even though my MB is usually pink or purple and he is clearly a boy not a girl named Joanne LOL

We're local and go quite a bit. My son loves Tower of Terror while my daughter hates it. I make 3 fastpasses for ToT and give him extra magic bands of mine and my daughter. While he rides three times in a row I take my daughter to see Chewbacca (her favorite character).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter