Switching from late dinner to early on the ship? Hard to do?

shmoogrrrl

Tigger Goddess
We are considering booking a trip on the Dream for one of the 5 day double stops at Castaway Cay in August of 2011. In the past, we've had no problem getting the seating that we wanted (late before kids and early after kids).

This time, all the dates that we have looked at are already full for early seating and as our little guy would be almost three, early seating is a must. I know that my son will change a lot over the next year and a half, but right now he is one of those kids who melts down around 8:30 at night and unless that were to somehow change, dinner would be such a nightmare with late seating for us and those around us. :)

I know that you can try to change it once you get on the ship, but is this really easy to do?

Thanks!

First, ask to be waitlisted for early when you book. Then, in the month or so before the cruise, call once a week and "remind" them (dining assignments are made about 2 weeks before sailing). Finally, if you don't have it when you board, you can try to change. How hard or easy it is to change depends on how full the ship is and how many people have requested early, and how many are in your group.

If you are looking on line, the default is late. You only get early if you request it.

My husband and I went on an anniversary cruise this past September. After we were on the ship, the Head waiter and another gentleman were in one of the Route 66 rooms. We took our tickets from our stateroom and they were happy to change us from late dinner to the early dinner. If there is availability, I am sure they will change for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter