"switch out" rule

SusanWasHere

<font color=green>I'm on the left<br><font color=d
hi everyone!
i just got all of my paperwork yesterday and spent the evening reading it until i was almost blind, lol. i just had a quick question about the whole switching out of your home resort thing. for ex., if you plan a trip 11 months out at your home resort but then decide at 7 months you want to try someplace different - can you not switch your travel plans? do you have to cancel your other one first and then book the new ressie? i know that i will love SSR being that i have no kids and will most times travel with other adults. but i'm sure that i will want to experience the other places just because they are disney and now i can, lol. but maybe i was mistaken reading other posts that people would switch at 7 months. thanks again everyone for your help! i've never been so excited about a canvas tote bag in my life.....

You can cancel your original ressie and make a new one at the other resort, but be sure to check that something is available at the other resort first. For exampl, you have a ressie at SSR for 1 week in June that you made the previous July. In November you decide to switch to BCV, so you call MS to see if there is an available room of the size you want at BCV. If there is, you cancel the SSR ressie and make the new BCV one. That assumes you have enough points to do that new ressie.

For very busy times of the year, you may feel you have to do a day by day switch. An example of this would be trying to get into VWL in December. Otherwise, you may just want to call at the 7 month time from the check out day and try to change the whole ressie at once. That's what I do, we like to be at BCV for the Flower show, at 11 months I book BWV, Boardwalk view and at 7 months from the check out day, I book BCV. It has worked for me, 3 years now. Usually, I book Standard view at BWV, but I figure if I can't get BCV, at least I will have the luxury of the wonderful view at BWV!

Bobbi :)

It is dependent on what's available and how many points you have. If you have enough points to keep the first reservation until you have the 7 month one booked, you can do it that way. If not, you must cancel to free up those points, borrow or look at other options. Once you have made the choice, you likely cannot change it for most situations. For example, you couldn't borrow points then return them once the other points are freed up. IMO, this issue will become increasingly important for the smaller resorts and high demand units/times. I'd say the big road block will be some where around 2012 with a slow but steady crescendo until then. IF EP or a similar resort comes on board, it will get worse still. If something like the Poly or CR happens next, there will be a mild lightening but not that much.

facebook twitter