SWGE YouTube Content Comments

Lindsey17

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if this is really the right forum or not, but since it involves most of the guys from the podcast it's the only one I could think of.

I usually read the first few handful of comments on YouTube just to see if the guys opinions on whatever they're reviewing seems to be the popular opinion or not. I just can not get over the amount of internet trolls in the comments. I know they're everywhere, but really do you have to be vile towards people reviewing Disney stuff? Most people watch these videos because Disney is their happy place and use them as an escape when they're unable to be there. The comments on the SWGE stuff seem to be particularly bad. Two coming from the same guy on different videos. Someone actually believes they're not getting content out fast enough?!?! How on earth can you possibly think that when they're going up the day of? Not to mention all the content on Insta and FB as well. Poor Craig clearly working around the clock because he's now sick, which I could tell from the lightsaber video that I watched before the food review they announced it on. I usually don't feed the trolls because that's what they want, but when I read that comment in particular I had to reply. Just because they have an awesome job and get to do what most if not all wish we could do, doesn't mean it's not a lot of work or hard work.

Then all these comments about Steve being terrible at reviewing food and Tom having a face for podcasting? Yes, Steve isn't overly adventurous, but lots of people aren't so it's good to have that perspective so people know that they will still be able to find something if the rest of their party wants to dine somewhere they're nervous about.

Whatever happened to the Thumper saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all"? That doesn't apply to only children. Ok sorry for the rant I just had to vent a bit because these guys work tirelessly to provide content FOR US and I just don't like seeing all the negative comments just to be mean. I've enjoyed all the content and I don't even like/care about Star Wars!! To the Dis Unplugged Team this viewer appreciates all the work you put in to provide us entertainment and as much as I love the Tuesday Show, I hope Pete gives you the day off tomorrow if you're home by then 😉

I completely agree with you. Trolls live to upset viewers/readers. It is rare that the live podcast doesn't have at least one negative vote on Youtube in the interim between the start of the podcast and when the host makes an appearance. Pity the troll for their miserable existence.

AMEN to BOTH comments, and the feelings behind them, thus far!!

I know it was VERY hard for me to keep my temper in check a lot of times during my long time public service career. But if I had to deal with the underbellies of society that swim in the swamps of the internet on a daily basis, especially when working so hard, I'm quite sure the Joisey in me would have to stomp a mudhole in somebody before too long!

I think it all boils down to the well-documented fact that people are terrible.

%100 True!

And I think sometimes people either sort of 'forget' or just show a callous disregard for the fact that the people on the DIS are REAL people. Every so often, you see comments, like, "wheres (insert name), they are my favorite character"

Or on another channel, someone commented that a person on that show should be written out of the show.

You don't have to like or agree with everything, but its no reason to be as nasty as some of these people get. The worst thing is that its not even always trolls, its often people using a full name and picture.

%100 True!

And I think sometimes people either sort of 'forget' or just show a callous disregard for the fact that the people on the DIS are REAL people. Every so often, you see comments, like, "wheres (insert name), they are my favorite character"

Or on another channel, someone commented that a person on that show should be written out of the show.

You don't have to like or agree with everything, but its no reason to be as nasty as some of these people get. The worst thing is that its not even always trolls, its often people using a full name and picture.

So true. It's really sad when it's not a troll. I remember seeing one person comment on Craig's appearance and so many people tore the guy apart for his comment and later deleted it. I'm sure he didn't realize how many people would take issue with it, but if it's not something you want someone to comment about you then pull your hands away from the keyboard!

Yeah. YouTube comments are bad. I wanted to ask if Pete was okay, he has been pretty quiet about SWL which surprises me and I didn’t even want to wade into the comments to do so. I am guessing he is under the weather, I haven’t seen any sign of him even being in Anaheim.

I know I'm a but worried too. They said in one video he couldn't make it so he wasn't there, but I know he was supposed to be. Hope everything is ok though.

I'm not sure if this is really the right forum or not, but since it involves most of the guys from the podcast it's the only one I could think of.

I usually read the first few handful of comments on YouTube just to see if the guys opinions on whatever they're reviewing seems to be the popular opinion or not. I just can not get over the amount of internet trolls in the comments. I know they're everywhere, but really do you have to be vile towards people reviewing Disney stuff? Most people watch these videos because Disney is their happy place and use them as an escape when they're unable to be there. The comments on the SWGE stuff seem to be particularly bad. Two coming from the same guy on different videos. Someone actually believes they're not getting content out fast enough?!?! How on earth can you possibly think that when they're going up the day of? Not to mention all the content on Insta and FB as well. Poor Craig clearly working around the clock because he's now sick, which I could tell from the lightsaber video that I watched before the food review they announced it on. I usually don't feed the trolls because that's what they want, but when I read that comment in particular I had to reply. Just because they have an awesome job and get to do what most if not all wish we could do, doesn't mean it's not a lot of work or hard work.

Then all these comments about Steve being terrible at reviewing food and Tom having a face for podcasting? Yes, Steve isn't overly adventurous, but lots of people aren't so it's good to have that perspective so people know that they will still be able to find something if the rest of their party wants to dine somewhere they're nervous about.

Whatever happened to the Thumper saying "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all"? That doesn't apply to only children. Ok sorry for the rant I just had to vent a bit because these guys work tirelessly to provide content FOR US and I just don't like seeing all the negative comments just to be mean. I've enjoyed all the content and I don't even like/care about Star Wars!! To the Dis Unplugged Team this viewer appreciates all the work you put in to provide us entertainment and as much as I love the Tuesday Show, I hope Pete gives you the day off tomorrow if you're home by then 😉

I agree, and it doesn’t help that some of Steve’s teammates attitudes towards him seem to lead the way when it comes to putting him down. I will say the level of content they’ve been putting out has been strong though, I’m surprised anyone would say differently.

I agree, and it doesn’t help that some of Steve’s teammates attitudes towards him seem to lead the way when it comes to putting him down. I will say the level of content they’ve been putting out has been strong though, I’m surprised anyone would say differently.

I can see where you're coming from, but I see that more as friends teasing each other more than it being down right mean. I think Steve also plays up being the Mac n Cheese guy, which who doesn't love Mac n Cheese?? They definitely all get made fun of. Craig and Pete definitely rip on Ryno and Pete and John on Craig.

I can see where you're coming from, but I see that more as friends teasing each other more than it being down right mean. I think Steve also plays up being the Mac n Cheese guy, which who doesn't love Mac n Cheese?? They definitely all get made fun of. Craig and Pete definitely rip on Ryno and Pete and John on Craig.

Just something about the way they come at Steve sometimes seems a little more aggressive than just teasing. He takes it like a champ either way.

Last edited:
As I always say....If you are ever feeling bad about yourself, for whatever reason. Just dial up any random youtube video and start reading the comments. You're personal outlook with dramatically improve once you see the dregs who have nothing better to do then post there.

I haven't really watched any videos yet. I hate when people are rude. You can constructively critic a video without saying rude things to people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!