SWGE Opens August 29!

Good observation!
Another observation that I should have picked up on last week.... when Disney released initial park hours for our Sept 5-10 trip, I was trying to figure out why the very first release had MK open until 10pm on all non-party days. That seemed completely inconsistent with the typical crowd levels of that week and the ticket pricing. I was even going to post asking whether or not there was precedent for cutting hours after release, as I was suspicious that I should count on the later nights in that week. I was also rationalizing if it was a potential trade off for non-party evening crowds, but now think it was them already putting this plan in motion.

Seeing it in black and white now, it's clear that initial MK hours are still only at 9pm for mid August, then jump to 10pm the week of SW:GE. So I think they actually dropped us an informal hint about a week ago!

I would hate to change our plans to an earlier date to avoid the SW opening only to find out everything is crowded because other people have done the same. Also, I wanted to go to be there for F&W, which I believe will start Aug 29 (guessing). I am going to stick with what we have and just deal with it. I will make our HS day Aug 26, though. Maybe that park will be a lot less crowded then. Or will there be a soft opening on that day???

Last edited:
Are you thinking of canceling? I’m annoyed and can’t decide what I want to do. I mean I get it’s all subjective but darn it, I thought squeezing in one more trip was a possibility
No only bc we already renewed our APs and we go that week every year (my kids’ birthdays are the 29th and 30th). And we are DVC so we basically can’t chsnge our week. Of course my 5 year old is Toy Story obsessed so in no way can we even skip DHS. I’m going to complain a lot to my husband and probably spend too much booking pre open and after close stuff which is I’m sure EXACTLY what Disney wants people to do.

Lol, maybe our late July trip will be slow as many are waiting to go once sw opens.... or many may change to earlier dates to a avoid the madness.... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter