SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 17 9am-1pm with just MFSM. Party of 3.

We were originally scheduled to be there 8/10-8/16 so I had to extend our trip by a day.

Delta was amazing and waived the $200/ticket change fee but we did still have to pay $79/ticket due to a more expensive flight.

As a placeholder I grabbed a refundable night at Coronado on Priceline (we need DME or really we just need the airline check-in option for our luggage that morning). We’ll check out before we go, drop our luggage and head to the park with just our backpacks. Then Uber to the airport a few hours before our flight.

So far I haven’t told DD8. I told her it opens after we leave (technically true). We’ll see if I can hold out on the surprise.

We were originally scheduled to be there 8/10-8/16 so I had to extend our trip by a day.

Delta was amazing and waived the $200/ticket change fee but we did still have to pay $79/ticket due to a more expensive flight.

As a placeholder I grabbed a refundable night at Coronado on Priceline (we need DME or really we just need the airline check-in option for our luggage that morning). We’ll check out before we go, drop our luggage and head to the park with just our backpacks. Then Uber to the airport a few hours before our flight.

So far I haven’t told DD8. I told her it opens after we leave (technically true). We’ll see if I can hold out on the surprise.

The family will be there 8/8-17. I extended my trip by a day to do the 18th. Sending everyone home and having this experience solo! I didn't book my return flight because I was hoping this would align with my trip and it did!

We'll be with our DD8 as well! She can't wait to wear her SW outfit!

Can we also discuss planning on this thread for the preview or is there another thread already started somewhere for planning? I'm curious about what time to get to DHS if we have the 9am slot on the first day (the 17th). I'm also trying to come up with best plan of attack - we have Oga's and MFSR. I know we want to do some shopping as well. DD8 would love to build a droid but that might not quite fit into the 4 hour block of time I think.

I'm confirmed for 8/17 1-5 with Oga's. I'll be solo. I haven't decided on accommodations. I'll keep checking Priceline Express for a value or a good rate at the Swolphin.

August 17, 1-5 with Oga’s, party of 3. We got lucky with no extra planning as this is the second to last day of our 8 night Poly CL trip that I booked back in January and we were going to be at DHS that day anyway. Its almost as if I knew this was coming....

Can we also discuss planning on this thread for the preview or is there another thread already started somewhere for planning? I'm curious about what time to get to DHS if we have the 9am slot on the first day (the 17th). I'm also trying to come up with best plan of attack - we have Oga's and MFSR. I know we want to do some shopping as well. DD8 would love to build a droid but that might not quite fit into the 4 hour block of time I think.

Oh my goodness, DD8 wants to build a droid too, Will that even be open during the preview? I honestly know very little about SWGE so I’m now having to learn all I can before we go.

Oh my goodness, DD8 wants to build a droid too, Will that even be open during the preview? I honestly know very little about SWGE so I’m now having to learn all I can before we go.
There are a few of us hoping, but we won’t know until the land opens for the first set of previews

There are a few of us hoping, but we won’t know until the land opens for the first set of previews

Both of the decsiptions below are listed on the preview description, so it looks like it should work out for you both if you’re so inclined.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Passholder Previews allow you to...
  • Take control of the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy on the thrilling Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run attraction
  • Encounter strange creatures and alien languages as you turn around corners and through back alleys—and discover ancient antiquities from across the galaxy
  • Find the perfect gear fit for galactic adventure available for purchase at the Black Spire Outpost Shops
  • Feast on galactic favorites and enjoy curious concoctions for purchase at exotic Batuu dining locations
  • Design, assemble and activate a customized droid at Droid Depot for $99.99 plus tax (droid experience subject to availability)
Droid Depot
  • $99.99 per astromech droid unit, plus tax.
  • Various personality-affiliation chips and other accessories are available for an additional charge.
  • The experience area is limited to a builder and two Guests—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older.
  • Custom astromech droid units are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts.
  • Using a remote-control device to operate a droid while at the theme parks will be prohibited, and the droid will need to be carried during a visit at the parks.

Both of the decsiptions below are listed on the preview description, so it looks like it should work out for you both if you’re so inclined.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Passholder Previews allow you to...
  • Take control of the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy on the thrilling Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run attraction
  • Encounter strange creatures and alien languages as you turn around corners and through back alleys—and discover ancient antiquities from across the galaxy
  • Find the perfect gear fit for galactic adventure available for purchase at the Black Spire Outpost Shops
  • Feast on galactic favorites and enjoy curious concoctions for purchase at exotic Batuu dining locations
  • Design, assemble and activate a customized droid at Droid Depot for $99.99 plus tax (droid experience subject to availability)
Droid Depot
  • $99.99 per astromech droid unit, plus tax.
  • Various personality-affiliation chips and other accessories are available for an additional charge.
  • The experience area is limited to a builder and two Guests—at least one person in the party must be age 14 or older.
  • Custom astromech droid units are nonrefundable and are not eligible for Annual Passholder or other discounts.
  • Using a remote-control device to operate a droid while at the theme parks will be prohibited, and the droid will need to be carried during a visit at the parks.
If you look at the email, everything is subject to availability besides MFSR, Oga’s and savi’s. That’s why I was saying we are hoping, because we won’t know if the droid depot will be ready and functioning for the AP Previews. Your description also says subject to availability.

I told DD8 that droid building may not be available and/or we may not have enough time for that as well as all of the other things we want to do. We are at WDW for 2 weeks so we may brave the opening weekend crowds to go back to do the droid. We shall see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter