SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Trinitys Ghost I’m not sure if you have the time but would you want to make a poll so people can choose what day and time they’ll be there?
That's an excellent idea, though we may run into a snag if the poll doesn't give options for users to expand on it themselves, as in I add my date/time and check that row once for myself, someone else adds another and marks thenselves, and so on (I see this kind of poll format on FB).

Will check and see if I can do one via the first post.

Hi all - I checked with the Moderator who created the initial watch page for the previews, and got a heads up to create this.

If anyone is heading to the AP previews between Aug 17th and 21st, solo or not and wants to meet up with groups from their time slot, post your day and time slot here, and perhaps some of you can meet and experience the new SW area together.

Mine's for Aug 18, 11 to 3pm (SWGE, Oga)

I'm in the exact same preview as you - Aug. 18th, 11a-3p (Smuggler's Run and Oga's).
I'll be flying solo.

That's an excellent idea, though we may run into a snag if the poll doesn't give options for users to expand on it themselves, as in I add my date/time and check that row once for myself, someone else adds another and marks thenselves, and so on (I see this kind of poll format on FB).

Yeah I was talking about adding one to the first post

What about updating the first post with date time and listing the member name and +however many they have coming? It might be a bit more time consuming, but it might be a better idea Incase the poll thing doesn’t work out?

Yeah, (good idea @fiveminutes) I think I am going to simply list who has timeslots for specific days and times. Folks, keep posting if you want to be included in the list. If folks are interested in grouping together for certain things, you can then discuss amongst yourselves who has which ride or opportunity (drinks vs build a saber).

Yeah, (good idea @fiveminutes) I think I am going to simply list who has timeslots for specific days and times. Folks, keep posting if you want to be included in the list. If folks are interested in grouping together for certain things, you can then discuss amongst yourselves who has which ride or opportunity (drinks vs build a saber).

Thanks for doing this!

Aug. 17 from 1-5pm timeslot for me. :)

Yeah I was talking about adding one to the first post
What about updating the first post with date time and listing the member name and +however many they have coming? It might be a bit more time consuming, but it might be a better idea Incase the poll thing doesn’t work out?

My thoughts exactly. If you feel so inclined, you can update the first post by posting each date and time slot, then fill in who is doing what? That may be more than you have time for...just a thought.

For us, it'll be dh and myself. Flying in 8/21 in the am, staying at AoA, mermaid room (DH is thrilled with that one)....actually, I may change to Grand Destino Tower but anyway, 5pm-9pm time slot, SR+Oga's. We are only spending one night because we have a 12 day trip planned for 5 days later :O. I realize this is probably the most ridiculous thing we have ever done but gosh, I cant wait!!! Flying home the evening of 8/22 and I will work the night shift that night!

I’m so excited! I met up with a bunch of folks from the BC/YC thread one summer and it was so much fun to meet other Disney-obsessed people.

We'll be Aug 20 3-7pm. I wasn't worried about heat but figured that would give us time to fly in that morning. Staying overnight at Pop. Quick trip because we'll be there 8 nights at the beginning of the month.
Now to start a rumor: Wouldn't it be great if they did unannounced gondola testing during this timeframe!!! One can hope (but I'm not holding my breath!)

Hi all - I checked with the Moderator who created the initial watch page for the previews, and got a heads up to create this.

If anyone is heading to the AP previews between Aug 17th and 21st, solo or not and wants to meet up with groups from their time slot, post your day and time slot here, and perhaps some of you can meet and experience the new SW area together.

The List:
Aug 17
9 to 1: Haley R, Ferrentinos, ambellina, KayKayJS, JediStitch
11 to 3: JulesMD, DVC4US, beesly, astarrysea
1 to 5: fiveminutes, vinotinto, krrrristen, behindthegossip, AngiTN, Dis4Life10, ReginaMBK, Suejacken

Aug 18
9 to 1: maccagerl
11 to 3: Trinitys Ghost, SRuscitto
1 to 5: tstein12
5 to 9: OhhBother

Aug 19
9 to 1: diablobird, DrFacilier, MouseMamaToMany
11 to 3: GaSleepingBeautyFan, karrit2000
5 to 9: tarak, Ghost Hostess, Squirrel29

Aug 20
9 to 1: tlmadden73, fla4fun
11 to 3: AGoofykindagirl
3 to 7: WDWGeek1971
5 t0 9: Zeus'Headache, MyView

Aug 21
9 to 1: Ivy Lexi, dragitoff
1 to 5: LindaOwl1
5 to 9: Shelleyfs, Soph&HanMom, LuigiSpice

Last person added: Suejacken on Page 3 (marker for TG to keep up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter