swaping at 7-month

paulh

<font color=blue>likes to have a beer<br><font col
Who has booked at the 11-month window at they’re home resort for Christmas and new year and are planing on switching to another resort at the 7-month window as we are on the wait list for standard studio at our home resort for a couple of days and hope that they will come free then.
Regards Paulh

I had wondered about this. Is it better to book at your home resort at the 11 months window and then try to switch at the 7 month window to another resort if you are really wanting to stay there?

DJ

Originally posted by westjones
I had wondered about this. Is it better to book at your home resort at the 11 months window and then try to switch at the 7 month window to another resort if you are really wanting to stay there?

DJ

It is if you want to be sure of a place to stay. Most who do that plan to go on certain dates. At 11 months, they book their home (where they bought because they mostly want to stay there and won't be disappointed if they get "stuck" there). :teeth: Then at 7 months, they try to switch to another DVC resort. If the other DVC resort is not available, they still have a place to stay and no worries about juggling previously made airfare and vacation arrangements.

If the dates are important than I would book at 11 months and try to switch at 7 months. Particularly if it is a busy time. I would rather be at my second choice than not be there at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter