Swan vs Moderate

Offsite guests (which technically you'd be at the Swan/Dolphin) will likely be offered the option to buy Magic Bands to use for their tickets. But you can't charge back to the room and you can't ship any purchases back to the room from there.

If your BW stay comes first and Magic Band has been rolled out (which it likely will be by April), then you can continue to use the Magic Band you will be issued at BW as your ticket.

I will say that my vote would be to stay put at BW for all seven nights. It's kind of a hassle to pack up and move for two nights.
Actually, yes you can, as long as you're not checking out the next day. Just as with Disney resorts, packages sent back from the parks can be picked up in the gift shops of each hotel.

We spent 10 nights at the Swan last November & despite initial misgivings when we arrived (We had just spent 4 nights in a 5 star property in Miami) we ended up really enjoying our stay.
As previously mentioned on this thread, the ability to walk to two parks, & the Boardwalk is fantastic.
We found the transport options to be really good with the boats to Epcot & DHS great if we didn't fancy walking, we also got a real kick out of walking to Epcot & then jumping on a mono rail to the Magic Kingdom.
The hotel itself is actually really nice & the Italian restaurant is a great place to grab a beer or a pizza in the bar area if you don't fancy the full on dining experience.
The staff were great, very friendly & helpful & yes the bed was fantastic.
The Dolphin is literally a two minute walk away if you fancy that.
We will definitely stay at the Swan again.

Actually, yes you can, as long as you're not checking out the next day. Just as with Disney resorts, packages sent back from the parks can be picked up in the gift shops of each hotel.

Oh, my bad, I was given some bad info a few months ago. Thanks for the correction!

You cannot get the dining plan at swalphin but we aren't worried about getting it this year, it is not a good value. We do not mind walking but yes it looks to be quite a stroll over to the pool and down some long hallways.

I wonder if mymagic+ will be happening by mid april? I like the idea of getting a bracelet with our tickets and room charges tied to it for the whole week. Not sure if swalphin will offer that. My guess is no.

The walk to the pool from the Dolphin can be really short or very long due to the size of the resort.

Not too long a walk from anywhere in the Swan, though not as short as the closest rooms at Dolphin.

Some rooms at YC have really long walks to the elevators!

Yes, there is a refillable mug at the S/D that was about $13 last weekend and included refillable coffee and soda. Hard to get to the cafeteria from the swan however (located 1st floor of the dolphin)

I have been to the dolphin and swan about 6 times in the last 6 years (usually on points for free). Although the added fees have been quite frustrating for a long time Starwood supporter, I can usually get the resort fee waived as part of my gold status gift.

Another vote for the S/D. Just the dining choices blow away any moderate. BluZoo is excellent, but even better on a corporate account!

The Swan is awesome. The beds are truly heavenly and the resort is spotless.

Given the choice, I would pick Swan. We have stayed at CBR and the Dolphin, and the Dolphin is definitely a better experience. I never understand why it gets bad reviews. It's a Deluxe for a moderate price and it's in the Boardwalk area that you will be staying in when you're finished. Beautiful grounds and hotel.

Hate to play the role of "voice of wife" but it really doesn't matter what you do! Use your freebie nights right now and do the split with the BWI..... or do the GF as a split. Your wife is gonna start begging you to go back as soon as you get home so you'll also get a chance in a few months to use those Starwood points! Hahahaha! Use 'em now or use 'em later!

I stayed at the Swan August 2011 and I loved it. My wife felt it wasn"t "disney" enough but I though it felt Disney. The location is very close to your Boardwalk Hotel so it will be easy to transfer over when it is time. I would pick Swan over any moderate because it is more upscale.

Agree!! No comparison. S/D is much more upscale then any moderate. Beautiful grounds ,spacious rooms and location is awesome! I would never stay in a moderate again since i stayed at S/D,and i have stayed at quite a few moderates and that's just what they are. Just my personnel opinion but choose whatever makes you comfortable.You are nonetheless still in the happiest place on earth!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter