SW:GE opening guess Dec 4 - DVC related

ziravan

Welcome Home
This is a rumor/speculation page based on recent DVC activity. I have no personal or inside knowledge of the plans. Feel free to speculate differently.

DVC has taken every AKV Value studio room for 3 weeks straight now, from Dec 3rd to Dec 23rd, today’s plus 7 date. They don’t show up in inventory at all; they’re not being walked.

Disney likes to open new things on Wed or Sat, prob would prefer Wed this time because the crowds will be insane already without adding a weekend.

They probably need to sandwich the opening between Christmas and Thanksgiving with as much lead time as possible before Christmas to work out the kinks, so that’d be the first realistic date after Thanksgiving.

Plus. This would let them hard ticket the Thanksgiving crowd with previews, and get it open in time to work out the kinks by Christmas.

The reason why I posted here is the taking out of inventory of all the values studios effective Dec 3, and a week of all the Concierge studios at that same time as well had me thinking about how this might tie into the opening. Who knows what other inventory is being pulled in categories that don’t show up so easily prior to the 11 month window? DVC/Disney has had time to plan this and could be banking and borrowing their own points to bring them to bear right here. Booking a room for 9 points in values and selling it CRO after they formally announce the date would be a real coup.

DVC taking rooms from inventory the night before the first Wed possible open date after Thanksgiving can’t be a coincidence, can it?

It’s DVC related because it’s my speculation based on DVC related activity.

Last edited:
Ooo, I have nothing to contribute but will follow this eagerly! I can say your reasoning makes sense, though.

Honestly people just probably walked the reservations especially at Animal Kingdom... I walked one for the whole week of Thanksgiving Club Level.

This is a rumor/speculation page based on recent DVC activity. I have no personal or inside knowledge of the plans. Feel free to speculate differently.

DVC has taken every AKV Value room for 3 weeks straight now, from Dec 3rd to Dec 23rd, today’s plus 7 date. They don’t show up in inventory at all; they’re not being walked.

Disney likes to open new things on Wed or Sat, prob would prefer Wed this time because the crowds will be insane already without adding a weekend.

They probably need to sandwich the opening between Christmas and Thanksgiving with as much lead time as possible before Christmas to work out the kinks, so that’d be the first realistic date after Thanksgiving.

Plus. This would let them hard ticket the Thanksgiving crowd with previews, and get it open in time to work out the kinks by Christmas.

The reason why I posted here is the taking out of inventory of all the values effective Dec 3, and a week of all the Concierge at that same time as well had me thinking about how this might tie into the opening.

DVC taking rooms from inventory the night before the first Wed possible open date after Thanksgiving can’t be a coincidence, can it?

It’s DVC related because it’s my speculation based on DVC related activity.
Out of curiosity how do you know they aren't being walked? In a case where there is 0 availability just implies people are taking the entire 7 nights that is allowed (7 nights from today + 11 months). The question would be at midnight does the 24th show open. If not then something funny is going on. However, looking right now it doesn't show anything anomalous just that they are booked.

The calendar rolls over at midnight Eastern to the next booking day. At 8am, they can be booked.

Starting with dates after Dec 3rd, they were unavailable for booking ahead of the 11 month window where the 2nd and 3rd were also past the window but open. That’s not supposed to happen with walking.

Plus. The dates show up at midnight empty. At 11 months plus 7, it should be impossible for any DVC member to book those dates between midnight and 8 am.

Last edited:
Honestly people just probably walked the reservations especially at Animal Kingdom... I walked one for the whole week of Thanksgiving Club Level.
All Concierge studio walkers were blocked for about a week starting Dec 2nd.

All Concierge studio walkers were blocked for about a week starting Dec 2nd.
I would agree if today for example 12/17-12/23 showed availability each day but lacked availability on 12/20 then that use day was taken out of inventory not by a DVC member. This was not what the OP was seeing or stated. They just said 0 availability which doesn't show the room was taken out of inventory.

Also all is a bit strong is there proof all were blocked. If so the proof should be presented to Disney. But if it was the anomaly I pointed as the proof that doesn't show all walkers were blocked only that a walker (at minimum) is blocked. Could have been 1 room removed only for example?

I would agree if today for example 12/17-12/23 showed availability each day but lacked availability on 12/20 then that use day was taken out of inventory not by a DVC member. This was not what the OP was seeing or stated. They just said 0 availability which doesn't show the room was taken out of inventory.

Also all is a bit strong is there proof all were blocked. If so the proof should be presented to Disney. But if it was the anomaly I pointed as the proof that doesn't show all walkers were blocked only that a walker (at minimum) is blocked. Could have been 1 room removed only for example?

I have contemplated writing DVC about this. I've contacted them before about their decision to rent out Value and Concierge categories at AKV so that inventory has long been in my eye especially at this time of the year as it's when it shows up. It's just that I wasn't looking to book AKV for that time this year. Someone did contact DVC and was first told bs. Then they checked and came back with a "pulled for refurb" story.

I do agree with Zavandor - the inventory has not been loaded for any Value rooms starting with December 3rd - or within a day or two. Zero. Not there for anyone to book. AKV is not scheduled for a major refurb that should remove them from inventory for that purpose. Any other maintenance would be room by room and lacking a major refurb nothing more than a day or two.

Regarding this meaning anything about SWGE? Nope I don't think it's related at all.

I would not expect it to be cheap. Or reasonable. Not even expensive. The cost will be insane.
If they charged $599/ticket, they’d sell out in minutes.

People would pay that much for an exclusive preview that included a guaranteed ticket for both rides and the ability to look around without touching elbows.

2,500 per night would be low enough to put the crowd through both rides but big enough to test traffic flows.

28 hard preview nights, most nights in Nov.

$40,000,000 gross, or $1,000,000/night net.

If I were them, I’d charge $1,000 a ticket and discount to AP and DVC members ONLY if they didn’t sell out. People would pay.

I have watched the same thing with Value. I did speak with MS about it. I emailed back and forth a few times before getting a call. I had asked about the time where we saw 2 days booked, 3 days available, 2 days booked with club and about Value being completely out of inventory. She couldn't give a great reason as to how the club availability showed, but claimed it is possible somehow with the system...then said it could even be a glitch on the IT side. With regards to Value, she first tried to say it was probably being walked until I pointed out that the 8th day never shows up between midnight and 8 am and that there is no way members could have that booked. She then said that they must be pulled by the resort, possibly for maintenance, because MS wouldn't have the ability to book that far ahead either. She was going to check but has not gotten back to me. I had a good chat with her even though I'm not certain if the info was 100% correct.

Agreed that does seem weird then if the 8th night wasn’t available between midnight and 8 am. Only renovations could explain this behavior. If everyone is acting in good faith.

So this thread reminded me to check CRO and if DVC has put any Value rooms on their. I've been checking since they disappeared from our inventory access as I was suspicious of some shenanigans (to put it nicely) and Jambo had nothing showing up at 11 months which was pretty strange.

And guess what - they've turned over Value studio and 1BR to CRO. I've check Dec 5-8th - available. December 9-15th - both studio and 1BR and I know they were not available for member booking at 11 months.

The Value rooms are available Dec 3-17th - all dates that were blocked from members to reserve on first come first served.

So this thread reminded me to check CRO and if DVC has put any Value rooms on their. I've been checking since they disappeared from our inventory access as I was suspicious of some shenanigans (to put it nicely) and Jambo had nothing showing up at 11 months which was pretty strange.

And guess what - they've turned over Value studio and 1BR to CRO. I've check Dec 5-8th - available. December 9-15th - both studio and 1BR and I know they were not available for member booking at 11 months.

The Value rooms are available Dec 3-17th - all dates that were blocked from members to reserve on first come first served.
I would then directly send screenshots of that and ask how that is possible. I would let them know they are taking inventory prior to 11 months. I would even write a letter send it certified to get the best response.

I would then directly send screenshots of that and ask how that is possible. I would let them know they are taking inventory prior to 11 months. I would even write a letter send it certified to get the best response.
They do have every right to reserve the rooms with their Developer Points subject to the same rules as us. My guess is they get them instantly at 8 AM so they basically get it always so IT exposed something they were doing. Some coding needs to hide the bug of showing that Disney is at an unfair advantage of getting it instantly at 8 AM

They do have every right to reserve the rooms with their Developer Points subject to the same rules as us. My guess is they get them instantly at 8 AM so they basically get it always so IT exposed something they were doing. Some coding needs to hide the bug of showing that Disney is at an unfair advantage of getting it instantly at 8 AM

If you don't really watch the 11 month window you might assume that is what happened but it is not. Yes, they absolutely can book at 8am. That is not what they did here though.

If you don't really watch the 11 month window you might assume that is what happened but it is not. Yes, they absolutely can book at 8am. That is not what they did here though.
I'm agreeing. I think there is a code bug that is exposing that if Disney puts in an order for the room the RAT shows it as unavailable at the turn of the day (midnight) because Disney knows they will get the rooms instantly at 8 AM because they are directly plugged into the system. They don't have to do the human delay of pushing a button.

I don't mind competing at 11 months. Not even having a shot because they are pulled prior to 11 months and sent to cash bookings doesn't seem right...though there's probably something somewhere that says they can do as they please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter