SW Electric Ocean, Has Anyone Attended?

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/electric-ocean/

Sounds interesting, didn’t make the effort to work it in last summer. Haven’t seen any reviews here, hoping for some input.

Haven’t done SW in dead of summer, no idea of crowds. Thinking of working a visit in the first week in July, perhaps in the later afternoon (waterpark first) on July 2, 5 or 6, all weekdays. Basically, just interested in the shows since we have Annual Passes. Thinking the reserved seats might be necessary, especially with what seems to be a tight show schedule.

I’m seeing on the website an offer for reserved seats for the shows @$18 pp. We did purchase a similar package the Sunday after Thanksgiving last year but found it really wasn’t necessary, lots of seats available for standby.

Details from website, $18 pp:

We’ll save you a seat to our top SeaWorld Orlando summer shows, including the all-new, Touch the Sky, and our nightly finale, Ignite Fireworks Spectacular, so you can be closer to the sounds, sights, and splashes.

One Reserved Seat at each of the nighttime shows for Electric Ocean:
  • Touch the Sky - 5:45 PM,
    Sea Lions Tonight - 6:30 PM,
    Shamu Celebration: Light Up the Night - 8:45 PM,
    and Ignite Fireworks Spectacular - 9:30 PM

It has gotten some really good reviews. Good enough I was considering working it in to a trip this year.

I would google for them and some video of it. Looks like great fun.

Yes, the pics & a video I did watch online looked very cool.

Was hoping someone here may have done it last year & could chime in on their experience :)

Was trying to gauge if SW is a busy as the other parks that week. I’m guessing yes, especially as the current round of free military tix need to be used by 7/4.

Im a big SeaWorld fan so I might be biased, but Electric Ocean blew me away. Especially the firework show at the end of the night. The energy and special effects are amazing. The atmosphere at bayside stadium where the fireworks take place is just so much fun. I would recommend getting to Bayside stadium immediately after the Shamu Light up the night show ends to get a good seat for Ignite. You can also stand on the dance floor if you want to be super close to the action during the fireworks.

As far as the other shows, the dolphin show is cute, but its a lot like the day show with different music. Still enjoyable though. The Sealions tonight show is really funny. It spoofs a day at SeaWorld. Pop is the bubble show at Nautilus. Its facenating to see the different bubbles created and the special effects are pretty cool. And Shamu Light up the night is my favorite shamu show. Its so much fun and high energy. The special effect lighting is really great and adds a lot to the show.

Overall, I would definitely consider attending the event. July may be a bit crowded but its no where near what you'd expect at Disney and Universal. Its worth the trip. I try and take every friend and family member I can to Electric Ocean because ive enjoyed the event so much. Ive probably been over 20 times.

We did some of the Electric Ocean stuff last July but didn’t have time to do it all but what we did we enjoyed and we’re looking forward to doing the stuff we missed in a couple of weeks time. We really liked the whole atmosphere and vibe of the park at night. They had some cool stuff like the light up Jelly Fish in the trees to light the way etc

I actually bought us the Electric Ocean reserved seating today for the 1st July so we can have more time to go to the foostands etc and not have to rush from show to show. Probably going to skip the Sea Lion one though because we’ve seen that one a few times over the years.

We stayed for Light Up The Night! which is the same show they’ve been doing for the last couple of summers and then had 15 minutes to get over to Ignite after that. That was kinda stressful because everyone was doing the same thing but we still managed to get good seats over there. I liked Ignite but I know some people thought it was meh.

Thank you both for the input! Going to go ahead and pin down a day that week & buy the package. It will surely help with the close time between shows and guarantee we could attend all off them.

My friends scratch their heads when I tell them how much I love Seaworld. Some people just don’t get it lol

I love Electric Ocean (I went all 3 nights the first week, and I went yesterday and today). The night shows are awesome!

We just got back from our trip, went to SW Sunday 6/3. The shows we saw for electric ocean were the sea lion one, the killer whales at night, and the ignite show. We had no problem getting seats for all 3 by getting there 15 min ahead of time. Ignite we thought was amazing! The fire was awesome, and the killer whales were very fun to watch. The sea lions one we thought was a bit too corny but still fun to watch.

We just got back from our trip, went to SW Sunday 6/3. The shows we saw for electric ocean were the sea lion one, the killer whales at night, and the ignite show. We had no problem getting seats for all 3 by getting there 15 min ahead of time. Ignite we thought was amazing! The fire was awesome, and the killer whales were very fun to watch. The sea lions one we thought was a bit too corny but still fun to watch.

Winter shows Sunday date seemed doable without the reservations. I’m thinking week of the 4th of July prob a good idea.

Sea lions - cornier the better for us. Toss in the mime = lol

Thank you both for the input! Going to go ahead and pin down a day that week & buy the package. It will surely help with the close time between shows and guarantee we could attend all off them.

My friends scratch their heads when I tell them how much I love Seaworld. Some people just don’t get it lol

I woke up after being in a coma for 4 months to my son stirring mashed potatoes beside my bed not knowing where I was or why and they tell me the first thing I said was, Can we go back to Sea World. I get ya.

Did it Friday.
Bubbke show: very cool, sat in the back section so didn't get showered by bubble solution and still had a great experience.
Sea lions tonight: love this show, favorite of mine
Dolphin show: got cancelled because of lighting in the area
Bayside stadium was fun all night long, definitely recommend being here for the end of night fireworks
Shamu show: not a fan of shamu show in general so we decided to skip it
The atmosphere is super fun at Bayside, I would recommend trying to be there for the last hour of the park

Did it Friday.
Bubbke show: very cool, sat in the back section so didn't get showered by bubble solution and still had a great experience.
Sea lions tonight: love this show, favorite of mine
Dolphin show: got cancelled because of lighting in the area
Bayside stadium was fun all night long, definitely recommend being here for the end of night fireworks
Shamu show: not a fan of shamu show in general so we decided to skip it
The atmosphere is super fun at Bayside, I would recommend trying to be there for the last hour of the park

Had thought that might be a plan for bubble show lol.

Didn’t realize they would be having the bayside area with activities, hoping somewhat on the order of Xmas festivities which I loved last year.

Update on the Electric Ocean Reserved Seating - we used it last night and it was excellent for Touch The Sky and Light Up The Night! but absolutely abysmal for Ignite.

For Ignite it was first few rows at the bottom in the centre so most of the show was blocked by the DJ stand and lighting rigs for the Dance Party unfortunately. We had a better view last year for free. We also had a weird situation where we weren’t even allowed to sit in the second row of the reserved seating for Ignite even though we’d paid to sit there because it was “reserved” for the Manager’s friends (all of whom were drunken idiots) and the woman that was checking you had reserved seating was vile about it.

Can’t comment on Sea Lions Tonight because we didn’t see that one.

Overall I’d say it was worth it because the park was rammed yesterday and we were guaranteed seats but we probably wouldn’t buy it again.

Last edited:
We did res seating for Pop 3-something show & Electric Ocean yesterday 7/2.

Park more crowded than i’ve ever seen it. Sea Lion show’s section was filled up by time we got there :-) found seats up top tho. Only time that happened all night.

Expense is well worth the leg up when it’s crowded IMO.

Will say shamu show seemed decidedly forced/off. Enjoyed all the other ones though, a great day overall as we did Dolphin Encounter. Photographer took so many great shots, we bought the one day pass (Got a few bucks back from $70 with AP discount).

Ignite on the other hand was a lot of fun. GD’s first ‘rave’ :)

Had thought that might be a plan for bubble show lol.

Didn’t realize they would be having the bayside area with activities, hoping somewhat on the order of Xmas festivities which I loved last year.

I haven't seen many activities (or even food stations, which they had last year) on the Bayside Pathway this year. Hopefully, they'll add more as the summer goes on! They did add a few neat displays over by Wild Arctic/Mango Joe's, though.

I haven't seen many activities (or even food stations, which they had last year) on the Bayside Pathway this year. Hopefully, they'll add more as the summer goes on! They did add a few neat displays over by Wild Arctic/Mango Joe's, though.

The timing for the pkg doesn’t allow much time from Shamu to Ignite. We only walked thru it on way out of park. There were lots of stands our night 7/2 but all closed up with the tarps down. No idea if they were open prior or not.

The timing for the pkg doesn’t allow much time from Shamu to Ignite. We only walked thru it on way out of park. There were lots of stands our night 7/2 but all closed up with the tarps down. No idea if they were open prior or not.

That's true, it's kinda hard to do both in the same night! I've never seen the stands without the tarps down this year. They were serving food/popcorn from the largest one for most, if not all of last year. At least the decorations/theming are all back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter