• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprising Teenage girls?

Livingmydreams

Earning My Ears
We are a blended family with 5 girls between us. Twin 14 year olds, 15, 18 and 20. We are looking to surprise them and just started trying to think up some ideas. They're all very much into Disney and want to go back so bad, and this will be our first trip together. Any suggestions? Thanks so much

Like surprise the day of? Or surprise a few months in advance? I have 5 teens/young adults, and it takes a lot of work and coordination to plan things together.

Suprise them more than a month out. Like 2-3 months out. As a teen, my parents surprised me and my siblings Christmas morning with a trip at the end of January. At the time, no one was working during the school year so we missed just school. It was still very difficult to get everything in order with teachers, clubs, etc with only a month.

I made a countdown to our Disney trip last time we went. I used a lot of different scrapbook papers and embellishments to go from 80 down to 10 counting by 5s and then dropped to single digit countdown from 10 down.

You could even just do a generic one if you wanted to keep them guessing up until a certain time.

I guess it depends on how in depth you're wanting to go? You could also get everyone coordinating / matching shirts and have them open them together? I assume they'd get the hint. :)

Maybe a Disney themed Scavenger Hunt or a homemade Escape Room type activity where the 'prize' is the trip to Disney.

We did a surprise trip for our teenagers, but with a different flavor. We told them we were going to spend a week in Washington, DC and do all the DC stuff and maybe 6 flags. We ordered all the stuff for DC and talked it up for months. The kicker is, we had secretly planned a trip to Disney instead. What made it great, is there was a Southwest flight to DC leaving 30 minutes before our flight to Orlando. When they called boarding for DC, they were wondering why we did not get up to claim our boarding spots. It was at that point, we handed them their magic bands and explained that we were on a flight to Orlando and not DC. My son was 15 and my daughter 12 at the time. We hid it good. We did not talk any Disney with them around. We packed for a summer trip, so that was easy enough. We stressed to bring lots of swimsuits and what not. We even secretly asked questions like, "if you could eat at any place at WDW, where would it be" just talking about our last trips. We had a blast. They were so surprised, my daughter cried. It was not like it was our first trip to Disney, but my wife and I hid it from them 100%. Edited to add: It was hard to be sneeky with the Magical Express tags and all that. Fortunately, at the airport leaving, we sent them up to the food court to look for food while we attached our yellow tags to our bags. There were several hurdles we had to leap over to make it a secret, but it was fun to do.

Suprise them more than a month out. Like 2-3 months out. As a teen, my parents surprised me and my siblings Christmas morning with a trip at the end of January. At the time, no one was working during the school year so we missed just school. It was still very difficult to get everything in order with teachers, clubs, etc with only a month.

Definitely agree with more than a month out. Short notice might work for the 14 year olds, but the others are at an age where they may have plans. Have a fun trip!

I would do things a little differently. I would divulge the secret to the Twins. Ask for their help in planning and surprising the others

Or any one of the group to be your partner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter