Surprise AP & Ticket Increase

This might be a dumb question...but I just have to ask. Will the current ticket promotion really be available for purchase through the May date that's listed (May 18)? We are planning to visit in either March or early May, but I'm scared to buy tickets this far out since they're nonrefundable and have an expiration date in late May. It says on the promotion that the tickets can be purchased through May 18th. If so, I'll wait until closer to our trip to purchase them. But if it's possible that the promotion will be taken off the site early, I might need to go ahead and buy them.

I'd buy them if I were you. I doubt you'll be able to buy those tickets in early May for a trip in early May.

I don’t see a benefit. Disneyland doesn’t bridge to gate price like WDW does. IIRC
They bridged ours in December 2016. I bought our 5 day hoppers from LMTclub yesterday. Hoping to save that $75+ if we get an AP. My plan is to use the hoppers this summer when the deluxe is blocked out and upgrade on the last day.

Glad to hear bridging is alive and well in California! That saves a lot of $!

It's a YMMV situation since bridging isn't official policy at DLR. It's ideal to be prepared bridging won't happen, but hope it will. Many do have luck with it, though.

I am debating buying five-day park hoppers from LMT right now and lletting our APs expire on February 27 and then using the park hoppers and upgrading. Anyone see anything risky about doing this?
The only risk would be losing any benefits that are grandfathered into your current AP, e.g. parking, PP, MP, etc. If you downgrade to a pass that doesn't have those benefits, you will lose them by letting your current pass expire. However, if you upgrade to a pass that has those benefits or stay at the same level with those benefits, e.g. Sig to Sig (parking, but no PP or MP) or Sig+ to Sig+ (parking, PP, and MP), then you shouldn't lose anything. As a pp noted, be prepared not to have the LMT discount applied to your AP price -- LMT discounts usually do apply, but Murphy's Law can happen at the booths, too. So just be prepared to pay the full price if you have to.

The only risk would be losing any benefits that are grandfathered into your current AP, e.g. parking, PP, MP, etc. If you downgrade to a pass that doesn't have those benefits, you will lose them by letting your current pass expire. However, if you upgrade to a pass that has those benefits or stay at the same level with those benefits, e.g. Sig to Sig (parking, but no PP or MP) or Sig+ to Sig+ (parking, PP, and MP), then you shouldn't lose anything. As a pp noted, be prepared not to have the LMT discount applied to your AP price -- LMT discounts usually do apply, but Murphy's Law can happen at the booths, too. So just be prepared to pay the full price if you have to.

Thank you! I would be getting another Sig for me and upgrading my son to Sig from Deluxe. If they don’t bridge I’m not losing money, just not saving anything, correct?

Thank you! I would be getting another Sig for me and upgrading my son to Sig from Deluxe. If they don’t bridge I’m not losing money, just not saving anything, correct?

I think so. They will apply the value of the tickets (as coded into the tickets) and have you pay the difference to the current price of 2 Sig. APs. Don't forget to factor in the increase for adding on MP, if you plan to add that on to both passes. That would be an additional $200, no discount. If I'm figuring the math correctly, worst case scenario, you would pay the difference between the old price of 5 day hoppers (because LMT tickets usually get credit for full value) and the new price of Sig. APs, plus MP. Right?

I think so. They will apply the value of the tickets (as coded into the tickets) and have you pay the difference to the current price of 2 Sig. APs. Don't forget to factor in the increase for adding on MP, if you plan to add that on to both passes. That would be an additional $200, no discount. If I'm figuring the math correctly, worst case scenario, you would pay the difference between the old price of 5 day hoppers (because LMT tickets usually get credit for full value) and the new price of Sig. APs, plus MP. Right?
I think I’ll try it. Can’t hurt and if they don’t bridge I’ll just have put down a larger deposit.

I'd buy them if I were you. I doubt you'll be able to buy those tickets in early May for a trip in early May.

They won't end the promotion early. They have never done that and they do these types of promotions every year. You will be able to buy the ticket through May 20, and it must be used by May 23.

They won't end the promotion early. They have never done that and they do these types of promotions every year. You will be able to buy the ticket through May 20, and it must be used by May 23.
I agree. I don't think I've heard of Disney changing the terms of a promotion after it has been announced, unless it is a positive change for guests. I think this is their way of making sure the parks will stay busy through May.

Just a heads up, the grandfathered items are only valid for one renewal now, has been that way since at least October, as when our friend went to renew her pass, was told that photopass would no longer be included, so if they have already renewed once with grandfathered benefits, they most likely won't be able to renew again with the grandfathered benefits, but as with all things Disney, YMMV as they are consistently inconsistent.

Just a heads up, the grandfathered items are only valid for one renewal now, has been that way since at least October, as when our friend went to renew her pass, was told that photopass would no longer be included, so if they have already renewed once with grandfathered benefits, they most likely won't be able to renew again with the grandfathered benefits, but as with all things Disney, YMMV as they are consistently inconsistent.
That "Disney inconsistency" is what makes each renewal an adventure! I think as long as SOCALMouseMommy purchases MP with her Sig APs, she'll be good for parking, MP, and PP. So the grandfathering in issue won't matter. It'll just be a question of whether she gets any discount credited with her LMT tickets.

To be safe, I would also activate those tickets by entering one of the parks just in case before attempting to use them to upgrade with.

This happened to me, I think. I renewed my Sig pass in October and was told the PP was no longer grandfathered in. I went in Dec and sure enough, no more PP. After posting about it here, I was told by a few people that it should still be included so I called the Disneyland AP number. It took a few days for them to check it out but they did reinstate my PP perk. I don't honestly know what the official rule is on it now, but there isn't any written indication that it's only good for one renewal so I would recommend calling if it happens.

This happened to me, I think. I renewed my Sig pass in October and was told the PP was no longer grandfathered in. I went in Dec and sure enough, no more PP. After posting about it here, I was told by a few people that it should still be included so I called the Disneyland AP number. It took a few days for them to check it out but they did reinstate my PP perk. I don't honestly know what the official rule is on it now, but there isn't any written indication that it's only good for one renewal so I would recommend calling if it happens.
I remember your post on this issue. Glad you were able to talk with someone about it and to get it reinstated on your pass!

I bought/renewed our APs yesterday. I was worried about a February increase, and I am so glad I did this yesterday! It is frustrating, because last year when we renewed, our passes were $850, and to renew today, it would be $1150! That is truly crazy.

It's this very normal situation that blows my mind on these price increases and how much more Disney will be able to extract. Think about it, if you have a family of 4 Disney is going to get $1200 more from you just like that.

I wonder what's going on since the official word on the terms of service say nothing about a one time renewal grandfathering for the benefit. Attached a screenshot of what it says online. It just says you have to keep it renewed and never let it lapse. I can't find anything about it beyond that. It's extremely odd that I've seen more than just you run into this issue, though. But speaks volumes, in my opinion, you were able to get it back. It was never supposed to be removed.

I'm really concerned that this is one of the things that's clearly on Disney's website, but it seems it's not always being upheld :crazy2:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190108-115011.png
    Screenshot_20190108-115011.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 7
Hi this is a dumb question but here goes anyway. I bought undercover tourist tickets, which I linked to my disneyland app. When entering the park, I can just open the app and have them scan the tickets stored on the app for park admission?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!