Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
35% off room rates at the dlh and GCH, plus a $50 per night credit to put towards dining, merchandise etc...
I rescheduled my GCH reservations and got discount but nothing mentioned on nightly credit. Should I call back or is this just for certain levels?

I rescheduled my GCH reservations and got discount but nothing mentioned on nightly credit. Should I call back or is this just for certain levels?

You should have received it..... definitely GCH and we are at DLH. Not sure about Paradise Pier.

I need to call and reschedule our June trip. I booked my package before the ticket prices increased. Does anyone know if my ticket portion will stay the same when I change dates?

Agreed. But since we're not supposed to be speculating dates, I think it makes sense for everyone to look at what's been happening at Shanghai Disney since January. It will give you a good idea what and when things will likely happen at Disneyland.
They said multiple times on the conference call not to compare what they’re doing at Shanghai to what might happen at the domestic parks so don’t bother.

So my hubby called today to change our dates to July 1-6 and the CM told him that they don’t know when they are reopening, but their managers told them (the CMs) it was 90% sure not to be until phase 4. Not trying to speculate, just saying what he was told. So now we are trying to decide if we should just cancel, because rescheduling after July 6 will be impossible.

I was originally booked June 21-24. I had bought a package thru Costco before the ticket prices increased. I called this morning and immediately got thru to a CM. She was very helpful. I moved our reservations to the beginning of August, still at DLH for a price savings of 35% plus $50 per night gift card, plus I will still get my gift card because I booked thru Costco. In order to apply the change she had to go to a supervisor. The first supervisor said I could either have the promo rate or the original (lower) ticket prices, but not both. The CM said she had changed other people's reservation who got both the promo and kept their initial ticket prices, so she finished the call with that supervisor, came back to me and updated me. She confirmed my phone number and hung up with me so I didn't have to stay on hold. She contacted a second supervisor who gave her the authorization for both promo room price and initial ticket price and called me back for an update.

First call was 25 minutes long (took a long time on hold while she was trying to get me the lower price), second call was just a few minutes long. Total from first call to end of second was 45 minutes.

Now I just hope the parks are open in August.

Hi friends. So we are a family of 5 with passes that we renewed in January and are making monthly payments. We plan on renewing our passes next year at the same level, with no lapse in time. If this is the case, does it make any difference if we call Disney to postpone our payments (and have the closed months added to the end of our contract) or just take the default option and not pay for the months they are closed and keep our January expiration date?

The only thing I can think of is that prices may go up or down come January, and if we postpone our payments we will be locked into our current pricing (which may be a good or bad thing depending on what happens to prices)? Either way, if we renew passes, we will pay a monthly payment every month they are open, it just alters which price we will pay. Is there anything I am missing or not thinking about (for instance now our passes renew right before prices go up, which feels good but does that really matter lol?) Do you think prices will go up or down next year? Any advice or insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think they would lower AP prices, though my opinion means zilch since we can't really go by what they've done in the past. If I were going to renew and it didn't much matter to my bottom line, I would keep paying in order to try to extend over the price increase. I thought that was usually in Feb, but maybe it was Jan last year. There used to be renewal incentives; no telling if they'll bring those back or maybe not if they don't want as many APs as they can get.

I know WDW is sending out cancellation emails, is Disneyland doing the same? I have a May 30-June 4 stay booked at GCH and haven't received any communication from Disney. We're obviously not going but I want to make sure I can take advantage of the re-booking credit when I do call to reschedule.

We are also in AZ, but we start school around the third week of July... plus two weeks of (high school) band before that... so... yeah.

Plus I agree about HM!
Ah. Chandler? Yes. My BFF's daughter goes to school there. We always have dance recitals end of June, so getting a trip to Disney together requires some schedule negotiation.

We may be in the same boat. I called on Saturday and the CM said we would take our expired tickets to the ticket booth and then pay the difference from the value of the tickets and the current ticket price (of whenever we go.) I was hoping that Disney would make an exception since the park closed and might be closed for awhile...

Oops, this landed on the wrong page!

We may be in the same boat. I called on Saturday and the CM said we would take our expired tickets to the ticket booth and then pay the difference from the value of the tickets and the current ticket price (of whenever we go.) I was hoping that Disney would make an exception since the park closed and might be closed for awhile...

Just perhaps, they will hold off on raising prices next year since this year has been so crazy. One can dream...

I need to call and reschedule our June trip. I booked my package before the ticket prices increased. Does anyone know if my ticket portion will stay the same when I change dates?
I rescheduled our April package to the end of September in order to take advantage of the room discount & credit (& in hopes that we would have the best chance of actually getting to go). When I did the CM did say that they would honor our original ticket prices.

I know WDW is sending out cancellation emails, is Disneyland doing the same? I have a May 30-June 4 stay booked at GCH and haven't received any communication from Disney. We're obviously not going but I want to make sure I can take advantage of the re-booking credit when I do call to reschedule.
I had GCH reservations for 4/11-4/17. I didn’t bother to call since I knew the hotel and parks were closed (& didn’t want to wait on hold for a long time). A week before our checkin date, Disney called me directly to inform me of the cancellation (& offer for rebooking and resort credit). I never received an email about my hotel being cancelled (though did receive emails about my Flexpass reservation cancellations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter