Superbowl on board

bcburgner

Earning My Ears
Will my family and I be able to watch the Superbowl on board the Wonder? We leave on Feb 3rd., the same day as the big game.

Awesome. Will my kids be able to get in? They are 9 & 10. Also, what time should we get there considerijng kick-off is around 6 pm. Keep in mind, we are boarding this day. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Brian

I'd say "Probably, but not Definitely". They didn't have the World Series or the Stanley Cup Playoffs during 2001 because of "licensing issues". I can't imagine how much grief they'd get if they weren't able to carry the Super Bowl, though.

Yes, your kids are allowed into the ESPN SkyBox. I would imagine they'll have TV's set up elsewhere as well.

They DID have the Super Bowl in 2001 and even had a special technician on board to be sure it could be seen. I am fairly certain they will do the same this year. :)

I'm interested in knowing if the playoff games (1/19, 1/20) will be televised as well - we need to root for the Pats (and my buddy needs to root for the "Fins")! Any way of finding out what the schedule looks like for the 1/19 Magic on this? Thanks.

Superbowl is on Fox this year. I know in the past there have been problems picking up Fox televised events on board.

Speaking of which, who will be in it? Lets get some guesses?hopes on now before we go.

EAGLES vs Pittsburgh......I'm from PA ok.

GO E A G L E S!!!

Hal

How about Tampa Bay and the Steelers?

Back on topic, I love the NFL, but given a choice between watching the Super Bowl and cruising on Disney, I'd be basking in the luxury and style that is DCL and not missing the "big game" one bit!

Mickey Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :cool:

Our most surreal Super Bowl ever was from a hotel room in Sydney. We watched it at 10:00 on Monday morning (that's what time it was there when it was 6:00 Sunday evening on the U.S. East Coast). ABC (the Australian Broadcasting Company) carried NBC's feed, but they had to cut away every time NBC when to commercial... ABC's charter doesn't allow advertising. They had a Sydney studio full of Pittsburgh and Dallas fans and a really funny emcee. It was a lot of fun!

We were on the 12/22 cruise and wanted to see the Pats and Fins game but when we asked at Espn we were told they only show events that are televised on Espn due to licensing agreements. The NFL Saturday night game was on along with the Sunday night game because both ABC and ESPN covered those games.

I don't think the AFC NFC Title games will be seen in the skybox.

I heard that certain channels are unavailable while at sea. Has anyone watched a Sunday network (ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX) broadcast of a sporting event while at sea on a 7-day magic cruise?

Well, that does it. I'm bringing my Direct TV Dish complete with Sunday Ticket! ;) Who's bringing the BBQ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!