Super Grover Pass Parking Benefit?

darlaya

Mouseketeer
Hi All. Before buying the 2012 Super Grover Pass I wanted to make sure you get free preferred parking at all parks. The website just lists Sesame Place, but I have read posts from people that it included all parks. Just wasn't sure if this was a new change for 2012. We are travelling to Orlando at the end of February. We are going to Discovery Cove and selected SW as our addtl park, but my kids would love to go to Busch Gardens as well. If we could save on the parking, this would make the pass worth my buying one.

We couldn't add Busch Gardens to our DC trip because it was part of a discount that didn't offer this option.

Any info you could offer would be great. Would also like to know if there are any other perks at other parks.

Denise

You get free preferred parking at your "home" park (ours is BG Williamsburg) and free regular parking at the other parks.

I have read it both ways, going this week so will see what we get for parking and other discounts. Hoping for preffered especially with it being a slower time of the year.

We were there both days this weekend and got preferred at Sea World. We did point it out to the parking attendant and she put a green preferred pass on our windshield.
We also got the platinum seating at the shows. It was great at Pets Ahoy, Alure, and the new Shamu show. We did not do it at Clyde and Seamore or Blue Horizons, so don't know where they were.

It's true that technically, according to the fine print of the pass benefits, Preferred Parking is only available at one's home park (Sesame Place in the case of a Super Grover Pass). However, using the Super Grover Pass, we have always received Preferred Parking at SWO, BGT, AQ, BGW, and WC. Only once did we not get Preferred Parking, and, when we asked the attendant if it was available that day, he said he just didn't notice the details of our pass, and he gave it to us with no problem.

I think the claim that it is available only at the park that issued the pass is a way for them to get out of offering it elsewhere if it's extremely busy, so they don't turn away paying guests that day. Under normal circumstances (when there are ample parking spaces in the Preferred lot), I think they are happy to offer Preferred Parking to visiting Platinum Pass holders (Super Grover is simply Sesame Place's name for a Platinum Pass at the other parks).

Just returned and this is what we got with our Super Grovers.
BG 2 days entry, SW 2 days entry, AQ 1 day entry. Free prefered parking all 5 days, just handed them the pass at the gate, receipt said something to the affect of "complimentary pref parking". The very first day at BG they forgot to give us the placard and the security guy stopped us but showed receipt and he was fine with that. The passes say "Super Grover Pass and then "Plantinum" on them. Also got prefered platinum seating at all the SW shows (Dophin, Shamu, and Sea Lion) 10% discount on every purchase of food or merchandise. Compared to the other ticket options for us which would have been $134 they more than made up the difference with the free parking and other discounts.

Oh also I tried to test out the ride again benefit at the rides and got mixed reviews. Work twice on Kraken at SW and worked on Sheikra at BG but they did not let me on Manta at SW or Scorpion at BG so not really sure on that part of it.

As near as I can tell it is the same as any Platinum pass a few employees did look at it kind of funny maybe because there not used to it but worked for everything I had heard about.

FYI if you go to SW website you can log into the pass members section with your Super Grover pass number so yes I would say its the same thing. It was definitely worth it for us even if we dont use it again but now we may just have to take a summer trip to Sesame Place and BG Williamsburg, oh yeah and Water Country.

Quick point on the Plantinum seating at the shows, you still need to be there a bit early because it seemed that about 10 minutes or so before the show started they took away the reserved "plantinum" seating signs and let others fill in whatever was left. We showed up about 15 mutes early for the show and otherwise would not have gotten very good seats.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to go ahead and order ours next week.Is the preferred seating for the shows good seats? I know at Fantasmic it is not really the best seats, which is why I was asking.

Also, does anyone know if this gives you a discount at Discovery Cove?

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it!

I just wanted to give an update on the discount to Discovery Cove. I emailed asking if I received a discount using the Super Grover Pass. I received an email the same day with the following:

Pass Members can book a reservation with discounted admission starting at $69 (per person plus tax) for a Day Resort Package and $169 (per person plus tax) for the Dolphin Swim Day Resort package. Prices are based on availability and promotion is subject to change.
**Offer is valid for one year, two year and Platinum pass-holders and up to six (6) non-pass member guests. Not valid on previously booked reservations. Admission to choice of SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa or Aquatica is NOT included in pass member packages. Passport members must present a valid Sea World, Busch Gardens or Aquatica passport upon arrival.

Just wanted to bump this up to see where the preferred seating for the shows was. Is there a separate entrance? If so, is it marked with a sign. I just ordered my passes today so I am really excited!

Just wanted to bump this up to see where the preferred seating for the shows was. Is there a separate entrance? If so, is it marked with a sign. I just ordered my passes today so I am really excited!

You will go in the same entrance as everyone else, but head towards the center of the stadium. You will see a team member standing in the reserved seating area, checking for passes. As someone else mentioned, however, they will open up the seating to any guests approximately 10 minutes to show time and you will be out of luck. Also, for busy days, it IS first-come-first-serve, so it is possible that the seating will get full before then, but likely the only time you will need to worry about that is during special events / holidays.

Have fun!

Just returned and this is what we got with our Super Grovers.
BG 2 days entry, SW 2 days entry, AQ 1 day entry. Free prefered parking all 5 days, just handed them the pass at the gate, receipt said something to the affect of "complimentary pref parking". The very first day at BG they forgot to give us the placard and the security guy stopped us but showed receipt and he was fine with that. The passes say "Super Grover Pass and then "Plantinum" on them. Also got prefered platinum seating at all the SW shows (Dophin, Shamu, and Sea Lion) 10% discount on every purchase of food or merchandise. Compared to the other ticket options for us which would have been $134 they more than made up the difference with the free parking and other discounts.

Oh also I tried to test out the ride again benefit at the rides and got mixed reviews. Work twice on Kraken at SW and worked on Sheikra at BG but they did not let me on Manta at SW or Scorpion at BG so not really sure on that part of it.

As near as I can tell it is the same as any Platinum pass a few employees did look at it kind of funny maybe because there not used to it but worked for everything I had heard about.

FYI if you go to SW website you can log into the pass members section with your Super Grover pass number so yes I would say its the same thing. It was definitely worth it for us even if we dont use it again but now we may just have to take a summer trip to Sesame Place and BG Williamsburg, oh yeah and Water Country.

What is the "ride again" benefit?

We bought Super Grover passes for 2012 at the discounted price. Printed the eVouchers off and went to BG Tampa last week. Went to Guest Services and were issued our permanent passes. We also got Premier parking at no charge.

We bought Super Grover passes for 2012 at the discounted price. Printed the eVouchers off and went to BG Tampa last week. Went to Guest Services and were issued our permanent passes. We also got Premier parking at no charge.

Interesting...so they let you use the eVouchers even though they weren't activated at Sesame Place? I paid the $8 Fed Ex charge to get activated passes because I thought they would not take the eVouchers. Oh well....

Our experience with our Super Grover passes:

Of 3 trips this year to BG Williamsburg we got the Preferred Parking twice

On our one trip to BG Tampa, Preferred Parking was sold out or he would have given it to us.

We got passes for Discovery Cove for this September non-Dolphin for $69 each. Call them, they'll let you know whether there are savings on the pass you have for the time you go down.

I never thought to even try for Platinum seating at SW shows - but we got our Platinum passes in October 2011 and are good through our next trip this Fall, so we'll definitely try that!

And of course you get the 10% off just about everything in all the parks

Interesting...so they let you use the eVouchers even though they weren't activated at Sesame Place? I paid the $8 Fed Ex charge to get activated passes because I thought they would not take the eVouchers. Oh well....

We bought our Super Grovers online and printed. They gave us the pass at Sea World Orlando. We have used it there again and also Busch Gardens WIlliamsburg with no problems.

We have received preferred parking every time. BG Williamsburg had no idea about the ride again--I guess they do not have premium passes and do not offer it.

Went to BGW this weekend and went to guest services to redeem our children's evouchers for their Super Grover Passes. They asked for a copy of their birth certificates which we were not told we needed on any of the calls we made prior to our trip. Luckily they gave them each a complimentary one day pass to get in that day but just be warned that you need to take ID for your kids too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter