Super Bowl Party Ideas?

mskay

Mouseketeer
I know it's a month away, but I was trying to come up with some good snack food ideas. We always have a get-together at our house. Any good suggestions?

Do you just want to have appetizer type stuff? If you do you could have those little meatballs in a crock pot, a meat/cheese cracker assortment, chips and dips and salsa. There are some recipes for tortilla wrap-up type things too.
If you want more of a "meal" I'd go with chili or bbq's on a bun in the crockpot and potato salad or something.
Any other ideas???

I think we were planning on a little bit of everything. Chili is a great idea and one I didn't think of. Thanks a bunch. Any other ideas?

Yeah, it's me again! I like to serve a bread with my chili. My family usually asks for corn bread but it can be messy and crumbly. How about bread sticks or french loaf or something?
On the appetizer side I also like to take a round loaf of pumpernickel bread and take out the middle, cutting it into chunks and fill the hollow with dill or spinach dip.
Ok, now I'm out of ideas. :D

This was a huge hit last year when I brought it to a Super Bowl party.

Cut uncooked hot dogs into bite size pieces. Cut uncooked bacon strips into pieces and wrap around the hot dog pieces. Secure with toothpicks which have been soaked in water (so they won't burn in the oven).

Place in a single layer in a large casserole dish. Pour a box of brown sugar evenly over the top. Bake until bacon is completely cooked and sugar has carmelized.

Don't serve immediately from the oven. When these sit a few minutes and the sauce starts to thicken, it will stick to the hot dog pieces better.

You will probably think yuck when you read this but I promise it is a killer!!

2 cans Libby's chili (any combination w/beans, w/o beans)
1 (8 oz.) block of cream cheese

Heat in the microwave or crock pot (crock keeps it hot for longer period of time) and serve with tortilla chips. If you have one of the small dip crock pot the 2 cans/1 cream cheese fits perfect. New Year's I had to double the recipe!

Another hit for Super Bowl Parties at our house are chili fries...french fries covered in chili, cheese, green onions and sour cream.

I do hot wings, but instead of the wings I use the chicken tenders. DH likes it this way b/c there is more meat. I serve them with blue cheese dressing, carrot and celery sticks. Another "football food" I like to do is jalapeno poppers. I don't "stuff" them, but cut them in half lengthwise and spread on the filling.

Yum...I am trying to diet, I'm going to have to stay away from this board. You guys are making me too hungry!

Candi

That recipe with the hotdogs/bacon brown sugar was in my new church cookbook. They called it "Heart Attack on a Stick". What do you call them?

babylisa,

I wasn't even aware of the name of that recipe, but "Heart Attack on a Stick" is extremely appropriate. A friend just gave me the recipe quickly at a party. My family named them "Muffy Dogs" after my nickname.

I don't even want to know how many calories and how much fat this recipe contains. :(

But it sure does taste good!

here is a good and easy dip:

brown 1 pound of hamburger and then drain off grease
add 1 can of hormel chili with no beans
add 1 block of velveta mex cheese

mix all in a skillet until the cheese is melted. serve with tortila chips. mmmmmm mmmmm
good

Meatballs

Buy the frozen meatballs from the supermarket. I usually get about 2 large bags.
In a crock pot, on low, mix 2 small jars of grape(or currant) jelly, and 2 jars of chili sauce until mixed and smooth. Throw in the meatballs and let simmer for a few hours(I usually do about 6-8 hrs) stirring occasionaly.

Sounds gross, huh? Youll be surprised how good they are.
;)

CamColt,

I do a variation on these meatballs, and do a can of cranberry sauce to a jar of chili sauce. Like yours sounds kind of icky, but, oh yummy

Debbie

We are having people here...... we are having....

chili...
hot wings....
taco dip....
pizza dip (the families favorite!)....
and of course BEER !!

Have fun and GO PAT'S !!!!!!!!

Debbie

Scrappin Bear,

Can you tell me how you make your wings? These sound good, but I've never made them. thanks.

My Hot Wings..... my DH braggs about them to everyone.... so....

5 lbs frozen chicken wings

slow cook them in a roasting pan covered at 200 degrees until done.... season with salt, pepper and garlic after about 1 hour.

add 2 bottle of Texas Petes Buffulo Sauce

Turn oven up to about 300 degrees and cook for another hour or so.... uncovered. When they look done, place them on a cookie sheet and turn the oven up a little so that they soak up the juices and are less slimey......

Mine usually fall off the bone and are SOOOO good !!!!! I hope you like them !! They are REALLY easy to make !!!!

Pizza Dip..... I made this for the first time at Christmas and it was gone in 10 minutes !!!

2 packets Lipton Savory Garlic and Herb soup mix
1 container of sour cream
1 container of riccotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup diced pepperoni (I added more than they said)

Mix all together and bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour !!! Serve with sliced bread. (we used french bread!)

Enjoy !! and let me know how you make out !!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!