Sunshine getaway package- reposted from Resorts board

aimeesmom2

Earning My Ears
I havent gotten any responses over there and was hoping someone might know:

I hope you guys can bare with me on this... I am doing my research for a trip for February 2002, as our trip that we were supposed to be on at this very minute was cancelled due to my youngest having surgery next month and our disney fund had to go to help pay for that..
I am starting from scratch as far as saving and recently heard about the sunshine getaway package that seems to go on the first 2 weeks of February.. I have done a search on the site and I know a little about this, but still have some questions and I am hoping you guys can help out..

The info I know at this point:

The rates and dates will not be released until approx July 2001 for Feb 2002 dates..The price includes room, length of stay passes, and character/resort breakfast each day of the stay...

Ok that is all that I know... What else can you tell me about this?? I am weighing the options of this vs. buying each component of trip separately... I thought about driving and this is currently up in the air at this point, but I was given advice that if I am willing to drive to Austin or OKC or Tulsa, I might be able to get a good price for airfare for SW airlines.. so that is something I will look into...

My questions are mainly this... Do I assume that the package will be avl the first 2 weeks of February? If so, I imagine I should go ahead and book the room... Once the package details are released, then what do I do?? I assume I would call CRO and have them change my room only ressies to a Sunshine getaway package.. Is that correct?? Do they just change my existing ressie or do I wait until package details are released and then call for ressie?? It makes more sense for me to go ahead and do this now...

If the room, breakfast and passes are included in this package, is the only other expenses I need to think about include transport from airport/hotel and back, food (lunch, dinner and snacks) and souvenirs??

How do I know when the package is avl?? Do I just keep calling CRO or I would assume someone here will announce it??

I really appreciate all of the suggestions you can give me... I am trying to find out my best options/ best way to do this money wise...

Thank you so much...

**I know I would have to also pay airfare**

thanks

anyone??

spinheadblack.gif
beerchug.gif

baby21.gif
longt.gif
WHATZ UP!!??

The Sunshine Getaway Package usually runs from January 1st to the middle of February. The package includes accommodations, passes and breakfast (resort or character) each day. Whether or not this package is a deal depends on the resort you select. I have found that this package is best when combined with a deluxe or home-away-from-home resort. If you are a Disney Club member, you would do better to purchase your accommodations and passes separately if you plan to stay at either a moderate or value resort.

You should watch this and the resort board for indications that the Sunshine Getaway Package has been released.

Good Luck! (both with your planning and your child's surgery)

ms.GIF

Tammy aka Kaa
Budget Board Co-Moderator
tammy@wdwinfo.com

Thanks for the reply..

So should I go ahead and make my ressies for the room and then worry about adding package later on when it becomes avl if I decide to do it??

spinheadblack.gif
beerchug.gif

baby21.gif
longt.gif
WHATZ UP!!??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter