Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

A trip to the Springs and an awesome Dismeet!

As we enjoyed our breakfast so much the day before, we decided to head back to Goods today. This time we did the walk in the opposite direction. OKW is a big resort and there is lots to explore. :) We enjoyed the platter again as we were obsessed with the potatoes!
IMG_0393.jpeg
This time we added a cinnamon roll on the side that was perfectly flaky and warm.
IMG_0394.jpeg

Feeling full and satisfied after our yummy breakfast, we headed over to the boat launch to head to Disney Springs! I was on the hunt for some more pins and a mug for my Owner's Locker. Yes, in my quest to travel with only a carry on, I decided to get an Owner's Locker to store all my park essentials in. They drop off your locker at your hotel and pick it up to take it back to the warehouse on the day you leave. I have my rain jacket, ponchos, sunbrella, 3 pairs of ears, a few T shirts, extra sunscreen, a light hoodie, some left over non perishables, coffee filters, a coffee mug, a park backpack, my pool bag, an extra bathing suit and coverup in it so far. I think I will love the convenience of not having to wait at the carousel for checked luggage.

Once we got to Disney Springs, I had to go to the Coop again. I love it in there and always enjoy browsing around. They had an Orange Bird photo spot and of course I had to have a picture with my favourite!
IMG_3212.jpeg
We were interested in checking out the Ganachery as we had heard good things. We picked up six of their chocolate ganache squares in different flavours.
IMG_0398.jpeg
Honestly these did not live up to the hype for us and were very expensive, coming in at $18 usd for six chocolates. An one and done for us.

It was a beautiful morning and we were starting to get thirsty so headed over to Starbucks for my favourite pink drink. I love how peaceful it is there with the seating looking out at the water and Saratoga across the way.
IMG_0399.jpeg
We had a bit of a stressful afternoon coming up as we had to complete our proctored Covid tests for our flight the following day. Luckily everything went well but having to go through all that really puts a damper on your day. I am SO thankful Canada dropped this requirement for entry into the country by air and really hope the US does soon too.

I was lucky that I had a wonderful Dismeet coming up so I headed down to The Hospitality House at OKW. Kara @paradesintherain had been at MK with friends and made the trip over to OKW to meet up! We headed to the Gurgling Suitcase to grab drinks and plopped down under a shady umbrella to chat the next hour away. Kara is such a lovely person and it was so nice to finally meet up!
IMG_3015.jpeg
Kara headed back to MK and I went to join Bill at the pool. We had dinner plans a little later that evening and another Dismeet planned. Where were we going? That's next!

Hi,

We'll be at SSR without a car in Oct. I was wondering if you could give us the details on how to set up a COVID Test. (where you went, how you got there., and how much they cost). We have to have our test completed within two days of our cruise or pay Disney for tests at the port. Thanks!

We were interested in checking out the Ganachery as we had heard good things. We picked up six of their chocolate ganache squares in different flavours.
They used to leave a small box of Ganachery chocolates in our resort room at both Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. It was a thank you gift for being a frequent guest. They stopped doing that some time ago. It was a really nice gift but I was never impressed with the chocolates.

Thanks for the info. Disney charges $74 a piece plus tax to test you at the port. We may just do that instead of trying to get tested somewhere else beforehand, but it's nice to know we have some options. Thanks again!

They used to leave a small box of Ganachery chocolates in our resort room at both Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. It was a thank you gift for being a frequent guest. They stopped doing that some time ago. It was a really nice gift but I was never impressed with the chocolates.
I agree...definitely nothing to write home about. And very expensive!
Thanks for the info. Disney charges $74 a piece plus tax to test you at the port. We may just do that instead of trying to get tested somewhere else beforehand, but it's nice to know we have some options. Thanks again!
You are very welcome!

What a wonderful day and I’m so glad you got to meet Karamie! She is a fun person with a love for Disney.
I really did like OKW resort just not all the noise we experienced there. I’m glad you had a nice stay.

What a wonderful day and I’m so glad you got to meet Karamie! She is a fun person with a love for Disney.
I really did like OKW resort just not all the noise we experienced there. I’m glad you had a nice stay.
It was a really fun day! Yes Karamie is totally a sweetheart....I was so happy to hang out with her. We were really lucky with our room location and quiet neighbours which made all the difference. :)

Such a fun pub crawl! What a perfect way to spend St. Patrick's Day! :) Rob and I did the Highway in the Sky dine-around event on the monorail in 2018, and had so much fun! We keep saying we're going to do another crawl (without the big price tag this time!!) on our own, but haven't done it yet.

Aww, how fun to meet up with Karamie!! :) Such a cute picture of you both!

we were obsessed with the potatoes!
Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but... Susan has a potato obsession.
This time we added a cinnamon roll on the side that was perfectly flaky and warm.
mmmm... cinnamon roll...
Yes, in my quest to travel with only a carry on, I decided to get an Owner's Locker to store all my park essentials in.
Ah! I've heard of that from a couple folks.
I have my rain jacket, ponchos, sunbrella, 3 pairs of ears, a few T shirts, extra sunscreen, a light hoodie, some left over non perishables, coffee filters, a coffee mug, a park backpack, my pool bag, an extra bathing suit and coverup in it so far
Pretty good stash.
I like the idea of keeping things there, since you're travelling there often enough.
IMG_3212.jpeg
Cute pic of you and the boid.
It sure looks good...
Honestly these did not live up to the hype for us and were very expensive, coming in at $18 usd for six chocolates. An one and done for us.
Unfortunate. But... still... thanks for the tip.
We had a bit of a stressful afternoon coming up as we had to complete our proctored Covid tests for our flight the following day.
:sad2:
I am SO thankful Canada dropped this requirement for entry into the country by air and really hope the US does soon too.
Very! I'm hoping that things will change by August. But... not having to do it coming home is huge.
Kara @paradesintherain had been at MK with friends and made the trip over to OKW to meet up!
Nice! Who doesn't love a DISmeet. :goodvibes
Cute shot of you two. :)

Such a fun pub crawl! What a perfect way to spend St. Patrick's Day! :) Rob and I did the Highway in the Sky dine-around event on the monorail in 2018, and had so much fun! We keep saying we're going to do another crawl (without the big price tag this time!!) on our own, but haven't done it yet.
We had a great time! I did get the idea from "Highway in the Sky. " I always wanted to try but the price was a little rich for my blood.
Aww, how fun to meet up with Karamie!! :) Such a cute picture of you both!
She is such a doll! It was really nice to meet up. :)
Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but... Susan has a potato obsession.
Well, I did grow up in Prince Edward Island after all....
Ah! I've heard of that from a couple folks.
It's a pretty good deal too and a lot less stress than having to pick up luggage at the carousel these days.
Cute pic of you and the boid.
Thank you! I love all things Orange Bird!
It sure looks good...
They really did look delicious. But looks were deceiving....
Very! I'm hoping that things will change by August. But... not having to do it coming home is huge.
I am hoping the US cancels pre arrival testing. What purpose can it possibly serve at this point in the pandemic? It will be VERY sweet not having to test to come home.
Cute shot of you two. :)
Thank you!

Well, I did grow up in Prince Edward Island after all....
:laughing:
Then that's only natural!
Thank you! I love all things Orange Bird!
::yes::
I still have my OB sipper cup from a few years back.
They really did look delicious. But looks were deceiving....
Shame. :sad2:
I am hoping the US cancels pre arrival testing. What purpose can it possibly serve at this point in the pandemic?
It would be nice. :(
It will be VERY sweet not having to test to come home.
I've gone on two road trips (one short, one long) and it was so nice to not have to test in either direction.,

Lovely morning in DS. Very cute picture with the Orange Bird. He's so bright and sunny you can't help smiling.

Sorry about the stress of the Covid test but meeting another Diser is a great way to overcome it.

Looking forward to your dinner.

A fabulous night at Flying Fish!

Tonight was the night! Our long anticipated dinner at Flying Fish...we had been planning on dining there for years but it had never quite worked out. Now we were finally getting to go!

We were so taken with the beautiful decor, even the flatware was themed.
IMG_0402.jpeg

The lights were spectacular...the blue glass represented the ocean and the fish are all hand blown glass. It is stunning!
IMG_0403.jpeg
I started with a pomegranate martini while Bill went for their version of a Tom Collins.
IMG_0404.jpeg

IMG_0405.jpeg

Our server was Stephanie and she was amazing! Attentive without hovering, knowledgeable and funny. Really you couldn't ask for a better server!

The bread and butter were incredible...the butter was house made with black sea salt and the bread was a potato bread with seaweed. So good!
IMG_0409.jpeg
IMG_0408.jpeg

Bill started with the shrimp appetizer and he was very happy with his choice.
IMG_0411.jpeg
I picked the oak grilled romaine with cherry tomatoes and white balsamic. I had never had grilled romaine before and I really enjoyed it.
1654910451954.png
We relied on Stephanie to pick the wines to complement our entrees, Flying Fish has an extensive wine menu and we were very pleased with our choices.

My entree choice was the Plancha seared scallops ~ Savory Grits, Sweet Corn and Peppadew Emulsion. These were everything I dreamt about and I could have happily licked the plate clean.

IMG_0412.jpeg

*continued in next post *

I was enjoying every single moment of this beautiful evening!
IMG_0415.jpeg
Bill chose the seafood pearl pasta (Shrimp, Lobster, Scallops, Clams and Mussels) and was equally thrilled with his meal.
IMG_0413.jpeg
Stephanie paced our meals perfectly. We never felt rushed, yet as soon as we thought of something, she was there to help. We chose to have coffee and dessert. Bill won this category hands down by choosing the Cocoa Breach (Vanilla Custard, Chocolate Bavarois, Feuillentine Crunch). The idea was that you poured the warm chocolate sauce over the chocolate shell, then discovering the dessert within. Bill declared it the best dessert he has ever enjoyed.
IMG_0417.jpeg

I was a little limited with my dessert choices as I have an anaphylactic nut allergy. The option available to me was the 50th celebration midnight lemon (Fresh Berries, Crispy Meringue and Sweet Lemon). This was really good but I must admit I was having serious chocolate envy.
IMG_0421.jpeg
We absolutely loved Flying Fish and will definitely choose to dine there again. The bill was not for the faint of heart, coming in at just under $250 USD before tip. I left a very generous tip for Stephanie as her service was incredible.

Our fun for the night was not over as we were meeting up with Renee and Chad (I don't know if Renee is still active on the boards or not) at the Bellevue Lounge.

Soon enough, one of these little darlings was in my hand and may have been followed by a second!

IMG_0422.jpeg
This is the awesome Bellevue Cosmopolitan (Belvedere Vodka, Grand Marnier, and Cranberry Juice) which went down very well. Bill chose the Old Fashioned (Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Agave Nectar, and Angostura Bitters) which he quite enjoyed. Needless to say, we closed the lounge down and had the BEST time. Our last Disney night really could not have been better.
IMG_0423 (2).JPG

Coming up next, our last morning breakfast at Olivia's and our final thoughts on a magical trip!

Flying Fish was one of our favourites too. Very good food and great service. I am vegetarian and they made me such a great meal.

Flying Fish was one of our favourites too. Very good food and great service. I am vegetarian and they made me such a great meal.
It's such a lovely restaurant and they really go above and beyond for their guests. I am glad you had a wonderful experience there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter