Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

As we were finishing up our luscious dessert, we got the test from Trader Sam's, letting us know our table was ready! We were so excited to finally check it out! I had decided to wear my Tiki dress in honour of the occasion. You have to wear a Tiki dress to a Tiki bar after all!
IMG_0364.jpeg
Bill decided to go with the Zombie (Gosling’s 151 Black Seal Rum, Appleton Estate Reserve Rum, Bacardi 8 yr Rum, Tropical Juices, Falernum, and Cinnamon) and it packed a punch! Of course Bill had to get the souvenir mug as well! It's proudly residing in our dining room. :)
IMG_0367.jpeg
We loved all the cool effects and how the servers were in character for each drink.

I went for the Polynesian Pearl (RumChata Cream Liqueur, Grand Marnier, and Cinnamon with Tropical Juices. The Pearl is yours to keep!). It was creamy and delicious!
IMG_0370.jpeg
We ended moving to the big centre table and met a couple of guys from Boston and started chatting away with them. Things could have gotten messy really fast as they were offering to buy us another round . We had plans to keep so we finished up our drinks and said goodbye. They were a whole lot of fun to hang out with though!

Next up was Enchanted Rose. We strolled over to the Grand, did a little shopping at Basin White and ordered some bevvies at the bar. Bill felt Enchanted Rose was boring but I really love it. I just went for a glass of Cloudy Bay Sauvingon Blanc which was fab. Bill went for a beer as he felt he had enough rum by this point.
IMG_0378.jpeg
Our last stop of the night was my beloved Geyser Point. We took the monorail back to MK and hopped on the launch to Wilderness Lodge. It was so great to be "home". Bill grabbed another beer and settled in at the table.
IMG_0385.jpeg
I went for my Geyser Point favourite, the Cascade Sangria (Tito's Handmade Vodka, Black Cherry, Lime Juice and Orange Juice topped with Columbia Crest H3 Merlot). It did not disappoint!
IMG_0386.jpeg
We also went for the Cheesy Brisket dip with housemade chips...so good!
IMG_0388.jpeg
After finishing up at Geyser Point , we atrolled through Boulder Ridge and hung out in the Carolwood Room for a bit. While I enjoy many of the Disney resorts, Wilderness Lodge is the one closest to my heart and I am so glad we chose it for our first DVC home.
IMG_0390.jpeg
Now more than a little tired and tipsy, we made our way to the front lobby to arrange a Lyft back to OKW. We only had one full day left in the bubble...what would we do? That's coming up next!

What a perfect way to spend St Patrick’s Day ☘️
Love Bill’s t-shirt and your tiki dress was not only perfect for the tiki bar but celebrating the Irish too. Every time I read another of your updates I find myself making a mental note of something new to try on my next trip but all of those bars/drinks and foods were new to me and they all sounded so good I might just have to copy your entire day 😂
It all sounds fabulous!

We just loved the calm and peaceful feel of the resort and especially liked all the lush landscaping. It really is a world away from the parks.
That got me thinking...
Disney resorts are more expensive, but... they're all so beautiful and well maintained. I think I forget that I'm not just paying for magic hours and a bed.
We split a delicious fruit danish and the bounty platter which was more than enough for the two of us.
That danish looked sooo good.
We ended up making friends with a lovely couple, Jessica and Jason, from Indiana and another couple from Long Island. We had brought some beers down in our pool bag and treated ourselves to a drink from the pool bar as well. Could you ask for a better afternoon??
That sounds like a really nice way to relax and rest.
Well it was St Patrick's day and we thought the perfect way to celebrate would be by doing a monorail bar crawl!
I was so sure that sentence was going to end with "celebrate by going to Raglan Road"
It was so weird getting off the bus though as no one seemed to know where the resort launch was and we had to go through security as though we were entering the park.
I've done that. Took the bus to MK to walk to CR. Had to go through security and was so sure I'd made a wrong turn somehow.
There was a wait list so we gave our phone number and headed upstairs to Tambu Lounge.

We grabbed seats at the bar and gave the menu a quick glance. We knew what we wanted though...the best of the best from Ohana...the potstickers. Lapu Lapus and the famous bread pudding!
What a great idea! I'd pass on the Lapu Lapu as I don't do rum, but... I'll take the food!
Happy husband with Lapu Lapu!
:goodvibes
Of course there was only one option for dessert, the best bread pudding ever!
Some day... some day! I'll do this dessert.
And then drenched in caramel sauce...mmmmmmm!
:faint:
You have to wear a Tiki dress to a Tiki bar after all!
You do?
I'm going to feel pretty silly, but... okay.
Bill decided to go with the Zombie (Gosling’s 151 Black Seal Rum, Appleton Estate Reserve Rum, Bacardi 8 yr Rum, Tropical Juices, Falernum, and Cinnamon) and it packed a punch!
All that rum...
Of course Bill had to get the souvenir mug as well! It's proudly residing in our dining room. :)
:)
We ended moving to the big centre table and met a couple of guys from Boston and started chatting away with them. Things could have gotten messy really fast as they were offering to buy us another round .
:laughing:
If you'd taken that round, you probably would have been there the rest of the night and maybe not made it home!
Bill felt Enchanted Rose was boring but I really love it.
Mixed reviews, then. I haven't seen it yet.
I went for my Geyser Point favourite, the Cascade Sangria (Tito's Handmade Vodka, Black Cherry, Lime Juice and Orange Juice topped with Columbia Crest H3 Merlot). It did not disappoint!
I might do that. :)

What a perfect way to spend St Patrick’s Day ☘️
Love Bill’s t-shirt and your tiki dress was not only perfect for the tiki bar but celebrating the Irish too. Every time I read another of your updates I find myself making a mental note of something new to try on my next trip but all of those bars/drinks and foods were new to me and they all sounded so good I might just have to copy your entire day 😂
It all sounds fabulous!
Thank you so much! It was such a fun day and we had the best time! We feel Tambu lounge is the way to get the bet of Ohana without the hefty price tag. Plus I can't do the "all you care to enjoy" meals anymore. My stomach just says no, lol. :)

Geyser Point is a perfect place to end your day. We really love the WL and especially Geyser Point. :)
There really is nothing like it! One of my favourites on property. :)
That got me thinking...
Disney resorts are more expensive, but... they're all so beautiful and well maintained. I think I forget that I'm not just paying for magic hours and a bed.
They are really special and unique. Old Key West felt like this cute little town. They really hit the mark with the theming. Plus I adored the boat transportation to DS.
That danish looked sooo good.
Disney danishes are in a class of their own. :)
I was so sure that sentence was going to end with "celebrate by going to Raglan Road"
We thought about it but Bill isn't a huge fan of crowds. Plus they were charging $20 per person cover charge and not accepting any reservations.
What a great idea! I'd pass on the Lapu Lapu as I don't do rum, but... I'll take the food!
There are some other great cocktails and the food was delicious!
Some day... some day! I'll do this dessert.
You will love it!
I'm going to feel pretty silly, but... okay.
I am sure you can pull it off!
All that rum...
So. Much. Rum. I think I broke my husband.
If you'd taken that round, you probably would have been there the rest of the night and maybe not made it home!
Exactly what I was thinking!
Mixed reviews, then. I haven't seen it yet.
Bill doesn't care for the Grand at all so I think he was a bit biased. It is really elegant. I love all the subtle Beauty and the Beast touches.

Disney danishes are in a class of their own. :)
Should make a note to myself to get one. :)
We thought about it but Bill isn't a huge fan of crowds. Plus they were charging $20 per person cover charge and not accepting any reservations.
Three very good reasons to not go. ::yes::
You will love it!
I'm sure I will!
I don't know about this trip coming up, but... maybe the next one.

Kinda love how we're always planning our next Disney fix. :)
I am sure you can pull it off!
I think I have the legs for it.
So. Much. Rum. I think I broke my husband.
:lmao:

Kinda love how we're always planning our next Disney fix. :)
With so many things happening beyond our control (both in our personal lives and the world in general) it is great have the Disney bubble as a respite from "real" life. I love always having time in my happy place to look forward to.

With so many things happening beyond our control (both in our personal lives and the world in general) it is great have the Disney bubble as a respite from "real" life. I love always having time in my happy place to look forward to.
::yes::

Especially when it's been difficult (or impossible) to even get to!

After walking for a while we decided to check out Goods Food to Go for some breakfast. We split a delicious fruit danish and the bounty platter which was more than enough for the two of us.
That sounds like an excellent breakfast for two!
We had brought some beers down in our pool bag and treated ourselves to a drink from the pool bar as well. Could you ask for a better afternoon??
Sounds like a nice and relaxing afternoon!
Arriving at the Poly, we went straight for Trader Sam's. There was a wait list so we gave our phone number and headed upstairs to Tambu Lounge.
That's a perfect back up plan!
We knew what we wanted though...the best of the best from Ohana...the potstickers. Lapu Lapus and the famous bread pudding!
Two of my favorite things! I just wish I could have managed the Bread Pudding this past trip!
IMG_0359.jpeg

And then drenched in caramel sauce...mmmmmmm!
IMG_0360.jpeg
Drool!
Bill decided to go with the Zombie
Another one of my favorites!
I went for the Polynesian Pearl
And that too, if I want something lighter on the alcohol.
Our last stop of the night was my beloved Geyser Point. We took the monorail back to MK and hopped on the launch to Wilderness Lodge. It was so great to be "home". Bill grabbed another beer and settled in at the table.
That sounds like a great last stop!
Now more than a little tired and tipsy, we made our way to the front lobby to arrange a Lyft back to OKW. We only had one full day left in the bubble...what would we do?
So quickly, and it's all over....
I'm with Bill on that one. When I was young I loved crowds and parties. Then one NYE I had gone to Lake Tahoe with some friends and ended up in the middle of the street when 12 o'clock hit. I had an adult beverage in a plastic cup in one hand and was holding the hand of one of my friends so we could stick together. The crowds were so dense, that the cup was crushed, I lost the hand of my friend, and my feet were lifted off the ground and for a while I was floating around at the mercy of the crowds around me.

After that, I only like smaller gatherings where people have designated seats and we aren't in danger of being crushed to death.

Wow, what a fun, relaxing day!
The monorail crawl looks like a very fun time
I would love to get in Trader Sam’s, still haven’t yet! Andi does not like to wait and the wait has been to long each time we have tried!
I love your Tiki dress perfect for the Tiki bar!
I will have to try your drink at GP next time, it looks delicious!
We loved GP and plan a crawl in late August with my sister joining in!

That sounds like an excellent breakfast for two!
It was perfect! Just the right amount to split!
That's a perfect back up plan!
It really was. I love Tambu so was very happy to hang out there!
Two of my favorite things! I just wish I could have managed the Bread Pudding this past trip
Mmmmm, that bread pudding is the best ever. I do have recipe and have made it at home a few times. Delicious but dangerous!
So quickly, and it's all over....
Right??? Disney days go by faster than any other day!
I'm with Bill on that one. When I was young I loved crowds and parties. Then one NYE I had gone to Lake Tahoe with some friends and ended up in the middle of the street when 12 o'clock hit. I had an adult beverage in a plastic cup in one hand and was holding the hand of one of my friends so we could stick together. The crowds were so dense, that the cup was crushed, I lost the hand of my friend, and my feet were lifted off the ground and for a while I was floating around at the mercy of the crowds around me.
That sounds so scary!!
Wow, what a fun, relaxing day!
It was perfect!
I would love to get in Trader Sam’s, still haven’t yet! Andi does not like to wait and the wait has been to long each time we have tried!
Next time you will have to do my trick and spend your time at Tambu while you wait. :)
We loved GP and plan a crawl in late August with my sister joining in!
Hopefully we will be able to meet up! :)

Great evening! That bread pudding looks awesome. Trader Sam's is really such a neat bar, but I'll stick to beer the next time we're there. We have yet to visit Geyser Point. Have to add that to our plans for our trip this October.

We split a delicious fruit danish and the bounty platter which was more than enough for the two of us.

That was a lot of food. I wish I could get DH to split but he has no problems eating his meal on his own then starting on mine.

After breakfast we continued our walk around the resort. Such a beautiful day!
IMG_0349.jpeg

Yes, it is a beautiful day. I'm glad you got to enjoy it and a nice walk too.

Isn't it beautiful? And delicious!

The drink is pretty. I haven't had one yet but DS had one when we went in 2007.

IMG_0359.jpeg

Wow, so pretty and soooo good.

We were so excited to finally check it out! I had decided to wear my Tiki dress in honour of the occasion. You have to wear a Tiki dress to a Tiki bar after all!
IMG_0364.jpeg

You look so lovely in your Tiki dress. This was the perfect choice for the Tiki resort.

We ended moving to the big centre table and met a couple of guys from Boston and started chatting away with them. Things could have gotten messy really fast as they were offering to buy us another round . We had plans to keep so we finished up our drinks and said goodbye. They were a whole lot of fun to hang out with though!

This sounds so fun!

IMG_0388.jpeg

Yum!

Now more than a little tired and tipsy, we made our way to the front lobby to arrange a Lyft back to OKW. We only had one full day left in the bubble...what would we do? That's coming up next!

What a great night. Thanks for taking us along.

This entire day sounds like it was perfect. Books and coffee on a resort balcony...that's my perfect Disney morning right there. :goodvibes

And what a great evening, enjoying the best of the monorail resorts while still relaxing and soaking up the atmosphere. I really want to try to get to Tambu Lounge this summer, because I love those potstickers. It's wonderful that they offer them since I can't do Ohana's anymore. Too big a price tag for me, when I am more of an appetizer as a main kind of eater.

I love that you ended at Geyser Point. :goodvibes You have really sold me on the place, and it's at the top of my list of eateries/lounges to try.

bookings became available for all DVC members and I snagged a standard view resort studio for the first three nights of my trip.

We did the same thing for September. We've never stayed here so we are excited!

My big decision is around tickets.....I've always done hoppers but am considering one park per day instead. I am thinking of only 4 park days but then worry I will want more. Here are the prices for the various options...

4 day/1 park per day ~ $422.88
4 day hopper ~ $507.88
8 day/1 park per day ~ $507.60
8 day hopper ~ $592.60

What would you do? All advice most welcome!

That's a tough call. I don't know that I would want to relax for 4 days. I'd like to say I'd be practical and get the 8-day, no hopper, but I'd probably get the hopper. I'm such a sucker and I hate having to be so decided on which park we'll be at for dining. Also, it's so annoying that APs still aren't back because you could clearly benefit from one.
Could you ask for a better afternoon??

Sounds perfect :cloud9:

Happy husband with Lapu Lapu!
IMG_0357.jpeg

Isn't it beautiful? And delicious!
It is, I have always wanted to try this and just haven't gotten around to it!

You have to wear a Tiki dress to a Tiki bar after all!
IMG_0364.jpeg
Pretty, and just perfect!

Great evening! That bread pudding looks awesome. Trader Sam's is really such a neat bar, but I'll stick to beer the next time we're there. We have yet to visit Geyser Point. Have to add that to our plans for our trip this October.
Thank you for joining in! I love new people popping in. :) Trader Sam's is definitely a lot of fun! I think you will LOVE Geyser Point. It really is in a league of it's own.
That was a lot of food. I wish I could get DH to split but he has no problems eating his meal on his own then starting on mine.
Bill and I often find American food servings to be huge so it makes sense to split. Plus then we both have more room for snacks! :)
The drink is pretty. I haven't had one yet but DS had one when we went in 2007.
I think you would really enjoy it.
Wow, so pretty and soooo good.
The best! :goodvibes
You look so lovely in your Tiki dress. This was the perfect choice for the Tiki resort.
Thank you so much for the sweet compliment!
What a great night. Thanks for taking us along.
It was so fun to relive that night through writing about it.
This entire day sounds like it was perfect. Books and coffee on a resort balcony...that's my perfect Disney morning right there. :goodvibes
Yep! Nothing better. :)
And what a great evening, enjoying the best of the monorail resorts while still relaxing and soaking up the atmosphere. I really want to try to get to Tambu Lounge this summer, because I love those potstickers. It's wonderful that they offer them since I can't do Ohana's anymore. Too big a price tag for me, when I am more of an appetizer as a main kind of eater.
It was so fun exploring the resorts that way. I am leaning twoards doing the same this summer rather than make a lot of ADRs. An Ohana dinner is really too much for me these days although I will have to book it next year as the twins have requested we stay at the Polynesian and eat at Ohana for their 21st trip. What we do for our children!
I love that you ended at Geyser Point. :goodvibes You have really sold me on the place, and it's at the top of my list of eateries/lounges to try.
I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I really hope you love it as much as I do.
We did the same thing for September. We've never stayed here so we are excited!
Yay! So exciting! How many nights will you stay for?
That's a tough call. I don't know that I would want to relax for 4 days. I'd like to say I'd be practical and get the 8-day, no hopper, but I'd probably get the hopper. I'm such a sucker and I hate having to be so decided on which park we'll be at for dining. Also, it's so annoying that APs still aren't back because you could clearly benefit from one.
Right??? I am so hoping they bring back APs by August.
It is, I have always wanted to try this and just haven't gotten around to it!
You definitely need to try one!
Pretty, and just perfect!
Awww, thank you so much!

There was a wait list so we gave our phone number and headed upstairs to Tambu Lounge.
Did you have to wait at all for a table at Tambu Lounge? I love these lounges but worry that they too will be crowded...
nd it packed a punch! Of course Bill had to get the souvenir mug as well! It's proudly residing in our dining room. :)
Love this!! I have an old parrot drink cup in my kitchen from there eons ago...
Next up was Enchanted Rose. We strolled over to the Grand, did a little shopping at Basin White and ordered some bevvies at the bar.
Basin is divine...I always have a hard time not buying everything there. Never been to the Enchanted Rose though...sounds like my kind of place.
That looks really delicious!

Did you have to wait at all for a table at Tambu Lounge? I love these lounges but worry that they too will be crowded...
No, not at all. Although we just plopped down at the bar. It's more fun and interactive there.
Basin is divine...I always have a hard time not buying everything there. Never been to the Enchanted Rose though...sounds like my kind of place.
I adore Basin too and want it ALL.
That looks really delicious!
I don't really even eat beef and I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter