Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

Enjoy the cottage, it sounds lovely!
Plans for late August look awesome.
I hope you do the Savor Savannah, you will love it!
So sad we will miss you by a day!

Your trip sounds like it will be so much fun! My (maybe solo) trip in September has us (me?) staying there as well, in the new DVC resort studios. I think they look great and I don't cook on vacation so I don't think I'll miss the little studio kitchen too much.

I'm glad to see you're doing 7 nights solo, I was wondering if I should do about 1/2 that but I think to do everything I want, I'll be doing 8 or 9.

Have a great time at your cottage! Hope the weather gods are good to you!

Resort details.....3 nights at the beautiful new resort studios at the Grand Floridian.
I think that the new GF resort studios are gorgeous. We had a room in Big Pine Key once and the location is great.

We switched to Wilderness Lodge with a little change in schedule, but there are still some good opportunities to meet up. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Of course I am more than a little nervous flying these days with all the chaos at the airports.
Yeah... I hear ya.
I have to transfer in YYZ and hoping the bags make it from plane to plane.
I am flying West Jet from Toronto to Orlando with a 7 am flight departure.
Early flight... early arrival. :)
Possible Dismeets lined up with @pkondz and @Wood Nymph that I am really looking forward too.
:wave:
And me too!

Thanks for sharing your trip. I really enjoyed it.

Your solo trip sounds great too. Can't wait to hear about the updated GF room.

Enjoy your cabin time.

Hello friends!

I arrived home from the cottage last night after 24 spectacular days. Best weather ever and a truly amazing trip!

Here a few beach/cottage shots to pique your interest in visiting beautiful PEI.IMG_1226.jpeg
My favourite spot on the covered verandah. I redid my 11 year old furniture set with the help of some wet sanding and spray paint. :)
IMG_1287.JPEG
The cottage was built by Bill's parents in 1967 and has been our summer spot for the last 22 years!

IMG_1279.JPEG
The perch! My favourite cocktail spot overlooking the ocean.

Beautiful low tides for long beach walks. The tide comes right in to the base of the cliff making it perfect for high tide swims!
67952724603__5A4802AC-AF25-454F-8C30-829ED239216F.jpeg
Now that I am home, I am at the 12 day mark for Disney! I did make a change and cancelled my lunch reservation at HBD in favour of checking out Primo Piatto at the Riviera. So looking forward to being back in the bubble soon!

Last edited:

Welcome back!

Your cottage is just the perfect get away. I can see why you like it so much.

How exciting that your next trip is so soon.

Your cottage looks lovely. It would be hard to get me to leave such an idyllic spot. But I suppose a Disney trip on the horizon does help ease the post-beach blues. :goodvibes

Your cottage looks gorgeous. You did a great job on the furniture.
What a beautiful place to unwind and relax. Definitely a great spot to recharge those batteries before you head to Disney.
Not long now!

Welcome back!

Your cottage is just the perfect get away. I can see why you like it so much.

How exciting that your next trip is so soon.
Thank you! It really was a lovely and relaxing time. Plus it was so good to spend time with my parents, sisters and other family. I am definitely ready for some fun in the bubble now!
Your cottage looks lovely. It would be hard to get me to leave such an idyllic spot. But I suppose a Disney trip on the horizon does help ease the post-beach blues. :goodvibes
Thanks Alexis! It was so hard to leave this year. I am thinking of upping my trip to 35 days instead of 24 next summer. Especially as my mom is not doing well, having that extra time together is so precious.
Your cottage looks gorgeous. You did a great job on the furniture.
What a beautiful place to unwind and relax. Definitely a great spot to recharge those batteries before you head to Disney.
Not long now!
Thanks Moira! I had debated buying a new set but when I saw the price tags I decided to make over what I already had. The weather was just over the top beautiful this summer so it made the trip even better. Now I am in countdown mode for Disney. One last hurrah before we head back to school. :)

Beautiful cottage, I could relax there for a month, no problem!
Yay to checking out Primo at the Riviera. You can sit at Bar Riva and order food from Primo! Love it there.
We will be going there for a lounge visit most definitely!

I arrived home from the cottage last night after 24 spectacular days. Best weather ever and a truly amazing trip!
Hi Susan!!

Just now venturing back onto the DIS after a long hiatus; just dipping my feet in before I set off onto some travel adventures. :)

I was following along on your cabin adventures on FB and it looked just so lovely. So happy you got to enjoy your sweet little hideaway. :goodvibes I'm afraid I only have a couple of weeks to catch up everywhere and finish up my TR before I head out, so I'll be brief this time around, but do know I'm reading and trying to keep caught up. :) Hope your Fall is amazing and you have a super beginning to all of what school entails!

Wonderful! So glad you had a nice time.
Here a few beach/cottage shots to pique your interest in visiting beautiful PEI.
Gorgeous. But I don't need more photos to pique my interest. PEI (and more of the Maritimes) is on my bucket list already.
The perch! My favourite cocktail spot overlooking the ocean.
Love this.

Beautiful cottage, I could relax there for a month, no problem!
Thanks Caroline! I am definitely extending my stay next summer. :)
Just now venturing back onto the DIS after a long hiatus; just dipping my feet in before I set off onto some travel adventures. :)
So exciting! Any details to share?
I was following along on your cabin adventures on FB and it looked just so lovely. So happy you got to enjoy your sweet little hideaway. :goodvibes I'm afraid I only have a couple of weeks to catch up everywhere and finish up my TR before I head out, so I'll be brief this time around, but do know I'm reading and trying to keep caught up. :) Hope your Fall is amazing and you have a super beginning to all of what school entails!
Thanks Liesa! Happy travels to you...I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it!
Gorgeous. But I don't need more photos to pique my interest. PEI (and more of the Maritimes) is on my bucket list already.
I'm happy to share some East Coast favourites and secret spots!
Love this.
Thank you....definitely a special spot. There is nothing better than the ocean!

Sorry for the delay in updating....
Sorry I dropped off the boards for a few months...
We had a bit of wait for our table even though the restaurant was half empty. Maybe staffing issues?
I've noticed that at Disney out here. Tables will be half empty but they're not seating anyone. I think they don't want to overextended the staff.
That big plate looks pretty empty doesn't it?
Yes it really does.
We had a quick ride to MCO and were able to check in quickly. We had a delay leaving of course which made our connection in Montreal precarious but we made it and were back on Canadian soil by 8 pm.
Glad your trip home will be uneventful.
I may pop back in with a few planning updates for my solo trip coming up in 49 days (not that I'm counting, lol!)
I hope you'll be doing a TR for that one. There aren't a lot of folks left doing TRs.
Of course I am more than a little nervous flying these days with all the chaos at the airports. I am flying West Jet from Toronto to Orlando with a 7 am flight departure. This will have me leaving my house at 3 am! Yikes! The good part is that I will arrive by 9:40 am and should be on property by 10:30 am if all goes well.
I hope you didn't have any trouble with all the flight issues that were going on.
Resort details.....3 nights at the beautiful new resort studios at the Grand Floridian.
Sounds nice. I love the GF.
This will be followed by 4 nights at my beloved Animal Kingdom Lodge in a deluxe studio.
Also love the AK!
I am off to my cottage in PEI this week until early August
Sounds heavenly!
I arrived home from the cottage last night after 24 spectacular days.
Wow! 24 days! I can't even imagine!

Sorry I dropped off the boards for a few months...
I know you have had a lot on your plate. I hope Fran is doing better. Sending good thoughts yout way. :goodvibes
I hope you didn't have any trouble with all the flight issues that were going on.
Smooth as silk!
Wow! 24 days! I can't even imagine!
We used to go for 35 days when the boys were small. Both sets of grandparents lived on the Island so it gave the boys some extended time with them and their cousins. I think I will try for 30 days next summer. It really is a beautiful little spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter