Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

Hollywood Studios take 2!

After some time relaxing back at Old Key West (a nap for Bill and some pool time for me), we were ready to try again. I had lined up a few lightening lanes with the Genie...it really does work much better for stacking later in the day. We had Millennium Falcon booked for 5:40, our ILL for Rise at 6:40 and Toy Story Midway Mania at 7:20. Knowing we were hopping to Magic Kingdom, I booked Peter Pan for 8:30, Pirates for 9:00 and Haunted Mansion for 9:30. Things were definitely looking up!

I decided to go with a Minnie inspired dress this evening add threw on my jean jacket in case it got chilly during deluxe after hours (MK was open until 1 am).
IMG_0304.jpeg

We had good bus luck once again and were soon arriving at the Studios. We were both feeling a bit peckish and decided to stop in at Baseline Tap House. It was sunny and about 24 C, just a perfect day to sit on the patio and enjoy some goodies! We started with the charcuterie board and the pretzel, then Bill decided to add the steak puff as well. Everything was so delicious!

IMG_0311.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg
Of course we had to grab drinks as well. Bill went for the Pilsner while I enjoyed the Ace cider.

IMG_0316.jpeg

IMG_0319.jpeg
Baseline is one of the best lounges on property and never disappoints!

Moving on from our snacky dinner, we strolled over to the entrance of Galaxy's Edge. He was blown away by the level of immersive detail.
IMG_0324.jpeg
We wandered around for a bit, just taking everything in. We were off on our voyage on Millennium Falcon next and were engineers on the ride. The two cutest little boys (probably around 9 or 10) were the pilots and they were SO excited! They did an awesome job and it was very smooth.
IMG_0333.jpeg
Next up was Rise and it was amazing! I had experienced it last summer with Jack but it broke down half way through and wasn't the best. This time, it was a seamless experience and Bill LOVED it. It was worth every aggravation that day to see him having so much fun. :)
IMG_0334.jpeg

We debated going over to Toy Story Land to do TSMM but decided to go to MK instead. I wasn't sure if they still were doing park to park buses so we booked a Lyft. We had an awesome driver and quickly arrived at the TTC and hopped on the monorail to MK. I was so happy to be there and was almost skipping down Main Street USA!

After enjoying Peter Pan's flight, we decided to watch the fireworks from behind the castle. I went in with very low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. Now it's no Wishes or HEA but there were parts I really enjoyed, especially the part from Moana which actually made me cry. What can I say...I wear my heart on my sleeve.

IMG_0338.jpeg
Here's the part from the Enchantment lyrics that I really loved....

sometimes the world seems against you
The journey may leave a scar
But scars can heal and reveal just
Where you are
The people you love will change you
The things you have learned will guide you
And nothing on Earth can silence
The quiet voice still inside you
And the call isn’t out there at all, it’s inside me
It’s like the tide
Always falling and rising
I will carry you here in my heart, you’ll remind me
That come what may
I know the way

After fireworks we headed to Pirates which was fun as always. We thought we needed some dessert so mobile ordered at Aloha Isle for coconut dole whips and enjoyed them before heading in to watch the Enchanted Tiki room. I love this show so much!

We then headed to Haunted Mansion for our last lightening lane. Of course it was fabulous as always. I always discover some new detail every time I ride this attraction. We decided to just walk around and take in the details of the park. We could have gone for a few more rides but it was getting close to 11 and as much as I thought I would be closing the park down at 1 am, my feet did not agree with me. So we sat and watched the castle in all her night time glory and soaked it all in.
IMG_0344.jpeg
We did a little browsing in the Emporium before heading out. It turned out to be an awesome day. :)

In a real life update, I am just getting ready to head out to a Disney meet in Hamilton. Always fun to meet up with other Disney fans and have a chance to wear one of my Disney Dress Shoppe dresses. As well, I am officially in the double digits for my summer solo trip countdown. I have some fun details about that trip to share next. :goodvibes

Ahh we love Baseline Tap house and missed it this last trip!
We found stacking in the evening was the best way to ride popular rides!
I’m glad Bill enjoyed SW GE, Rise is amazing especially the first time!
I’m exactly like you, I love the Moana part, it also was my fave during HEA, honestly that is the only part I really liked of Enchantment. Do not understand why Disney changes the original songs when they own the song!
I don’t enjoy that. I want to be immersed in all things Disney, including the original songs with the original singers.
Have fun on your Dis meet!
I loved your Minnie dress, very cute and looks comfy!

I love your Minnie Dress. Minnie seems to be the character I bound the most so I'm always looking for something new.

Baseline is still on my list to try. Your snacky meal was perfect.

I'm so glad Bill enjoyed GE area and the rides. ROTR is so great when everything works so well.

Your ride stacking worked really well. MK looked so empty.

We had good bus luck when we stayed at OKW. I don't think we had to wait more than ten minutes for any bus during our trip. But the five bus stops it had to make around the resort were a bit annoying.

Your Genie nighttime stacking plan worked great.

The jeans jacket looks good with your Minnie dress. :)

That Baseline pretzel looks so good. It's on my list of snacks to try this summer.

Glad to hear the Rise frustration was worth it in the end! Makes you almost forget about the morning and appreciate the fun you're having in the moment.

There's nothing like ending the night in the MK. So much magic everywhere. :goodvibes

Love Baseline Taphouse. Perfect place to enjoy an snack and drink while watching the world go by.
The Minnie dress looks gorgeous on you and somehow the jeans jacket makes it even cuter. Glad Bill loved GE. It really does look and sound amazing and I think hopping to MK and having so many rides stacked with genie + made for an absolutely perfect day. No better place to finish a day than at MK. Glad the fireworks surpassed your expectations. The park looks pretty empty too which is spread pleasant.
Enjoy your upcoming dismeet at home.

We had our challenges actually finding the walking path....did I mention Saratoga is a HUGE resort??

I had no idea there was a walking path from SSR to OKW??

We waited for the river boat for about 10 minutes and really enjoyed the ride down to Disney Springs

I love that boat ride :love:

I logged in to MDE at 6:57 and kept an eagle eye on the clock. Exactly at 6:59:45 I refreshed my screen and chose Hollywood Studios. I had Rise chosen as one of my must do's and it was at the top of the screen. It popped up immediately for 8:45 am. I felt quite smug and confident...I said to Bill "oh this isn't so hard after all." Then I looked at my screen again...now it said 10:30. Well I was still happy with that so I clicked on it and went to payment. The app asked me to log in. What???? I was already logged in. I entered my payment info and the confirmation screen popped up with our return time of 6:40 pm!!!!!!!!

Ugh...we had that happen a few times. Such a ridiculous system.

I had lined up a few lightening lanes with the Genie...it really does work much better for stacking later in the day. We had Millennium Falcon booked for 5:40, our ILL for Rise at 6:40 and Toy Story Midway Mania at 7:20. Knowing we were hopping to Magic Kingdom, I booked Peter Pan for 8:30, Pirates for 9:00 and

Well, that worked out nicely :thumbsup2

Love it! I finally tried it on one of our last trips and it was awesome.

This time, it was a seamless experience and Bill LOVED it. It was worth every aggravation that day to see him having so much fun. :)

:goodvibes

After enjoying Peter Pan's flight, we decided to watch the fireworks from behind the castle. I went in with very low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. Now it's no Wishes or HEA but there were parts I really enjoyed, especially the part from Moana which actually made me cry. What can I say...I wear my heart on my sleeve.

Where you are
It’s like the tide
That come what may
I know the way

I do love Moana, but just haven't connected to Enchantment after 4-5 times seeing it.

In a real life update, I am just getting ready to head out to a Disney meet in Hamilton. Always fun to meet up with other Disney fans and have a chance to wear one of my Disney Dress Shoppe dresses. As well, I am officially in the double digits for my summer solo trip countdown. I have some fun details about that trip to share next. :goodvibes

How fun!

We had Millennium Falcon booked for 5:40, our ILL for Rise at 6:40 and Toy Story Midway Mania at 7:20. Knowing we were hopping to Magic Kingdom, I booked Peter Pan for 8:30, Pirates for 9:00 and Haunted Mansion for 9:30. Things were definitely looking up!
Sounds like a very full evening! Did you cancel your Skipper's Canteen reservation then?
MK was open until 1 am
Yikes! I would never make it that late!
Moving on from our snacky dinner, we strolled over to the entrance of Galaxy's Edge. He was blown away by the level of immersive detail.
This was his first time there?
It turned out to be an awesome day. :)
I'm glad it all worked out in the end.
In a real life update, I am just getting ready to head out to a Disney meet in Hamilton.
Yay! So is this near where you live? In another lifetime and job I used to travel to Canada a lot. I probably visited the towns on the East side of Lake Ontario at least a dozen times.
As well, I am officially in the double digits for my summer solo trip countdown.
How fun that it's getting so close.

it really does work much better for stacking later in the day. We had Millennium Falcon booked for 5:40, our ILL for Rise at 6:40 and Toy Story Midway Mania at 7:20. Knowing we were hopping to Magic Kingdom, I booked Peter Pan for 8:30, Pirates for 9:00 and Haunted Mansion for 9:30. Things were definitely looking up!
I'm so glad things looked up later in the day. This system sounds very confusing to me but it sounds like you get the hang of it pretty quick when actually using it. Definitely glad you got to do Pirates and PP...two of my faves. And of course HM.
This time, it was a seamless experience and Bill LOVED it. It was worth every aggravation that day to see him having so much fun. :)
Ahhhh such a great ride. I can't wait to do it again...whenever that may be. My first (and only) time riding, I was so worried about "the drop" that I really didn't focus on everything else. Now that I know it's not that big a deal I think I'd enjoy the rest of the ride more!! I'm sure it gets better the more times you do it!
As well, I am officially in the double digits for my summer solo trip countdown. I have some fun details about that trip to share next. :goodvibes
Oh I must have missed that you are going on another trip...how exciting!!

Ahh we love Baseline Tap house and missed it this last trip!
We found stacking in the evening was the best way to ride popular rides!
I’m glad Bill enjoyed SW GE, Rise is amazing especially the first time!
I’m exactly like you, I love the Moana part, it also was my fave during HEA, honestly that is the only part I really liked of Enchantment. Do not understand why Disney changes the original songs when they own the song!
I don’t enjoy that. I want to be immersed in all things Disney, including the original songs with the original singers.
Have fun on your Dis meet!
I loved your Minnie dress, very cute and looks comfy!
Baseline makes everything better! :) Stacking totally makes the evenings work so well!
I love your Minnie Dress. Minnie seems to be the character I bound the most so I'm always looking for something new.
Thank you so much! It is from Ambrie. I have six of their dresses. They are super soft and comfy but definitely run big. You have to size down at least one size.
Baseline is still on my list to try. Your snacky meal was perfect.
You will love Baseline!
We had good bus luck when we stayed at OKW. I don't think we had to wait more than ten minutes for any bus during our trip. But the five bus stops it had to make around the resort were a bit annoying.

Your Genie nighttime stacking plan worked great.

The jeans jacket looks good with your Minnie dress. :)
The resort tour coming and going was special....

We were lucky with stacking. It definitely made for a great night! That jean jacket has been around since 2005, it's like an old friend at this point, lol.
That Baseline pretzel looks so good. It's on my list of snacks to try this summer.

Glad to hear the Rise frustration was worth it in the end! Makes you almost forget about the morning and appreciate the fun you're having in the moment.

There's nothing like ending the night in the MK. So much magic everywhere. :goodvibes
That pretzel is SO good! MK at night is simply magical!
Love Baseline Taphouse. Perfect place to enjoy an snack and drink while watching the world go by.
The Minnie dress looks gorgeous on you and somehow the jeans jacket makes it even cuter. Glad Bill loved GE. It really does look and sound amazing and I think hopping to MK and having so many rides stacked with genie + made for an absolutely perfect day. No better place to finish a day than at MK. Glad the fireworks surpassed your expectations. The park looks pretty empty too which is spread pleasant.
Enjoy your upcoming dismeet at home.
When we finally meet up in person, we will have to have a drink at Baseline! Thanks for the sweet compliment! :) The day really did turn around and ended in the best possible way. I had a great time at the Disney meet yesterday and picked up some great goodies. I only bring cash to these events so I stick to a budget!
I had no idea there was a walking path from SSR to OKW??
Yes! Right along the canal. :)
Ugh...we had that happen a few times. Such a ridiculous system.
Right????
Love it! I finally tried it on one of our last trips and it was awesome.
::yes::

Sounds like a very full evening! Did you cancel your Skipper's Canteen reservation then?
I did. Once they couldn't help me move Rise I knew there was no point in keeping it.
Yikes! I would never make it that late!
I had high hopes but gave up, lol.
This was his first time there?
Yes...our last trip together was in July 2019 and GE hadn't opened yet.
Yay! So is this near where you live? In another lifetime and job I used to travel to Canada a lot. I probably visited the towns on the East side of Lake Ontario at least a dozen times.
It's about 1 1/2 hr south east of me. But well worth the drive for some Disney fun!
How fun that it's getting so close.
I am so excited! I don't want to wish the summer away but I love to dream Disney dreams. :)
I'm so glad things looked up later in the day. This system sounds very confusing to me but it sounds like you get the hang of it pretty quick when actually using it. Definitely glad you got to do Pirates and PP...two of my faves. And of course HM.
It's not my favourite system but I feel that I am starting to understand it.
Ahhhh such a great ride. I can't wait to do it again...whenever that may be. My first (and only) time riding, I was so worried about "the drop" that I really didn't focus on everything else. Now that I know it's not that big a deal I think I'd enjoy the rest of the ride more!! I'm sure it gets better the more times you do it!
I did enjoy but it was even better seeing Bill's reaction.
Oh I must have missed that you are going on another trip...how exciting!!
Yes, I actually have two planned. A solo trip this summer staying at the Grand in the new DVC resort studios and AKL. Then a pre Christmas trip with Bill at Boulder Ridge. Lots to look forward to! :goodvibes

Where you are
It’s like the tide
That come what may
I know the way
That is my favorite part, as well!! You're not alone getting teared up--it literally makes me ugly cry!

That is my favorite part, as well!! You're not alone getting teared up--it literally makes me ugly cry!
I totally get it...in HEA it was this part;

Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become. Remember who you are. Remember. Remember.

FEMALE SOLOIST
I have often dreamed of a far off place,
Where a hero’s welcome would be waiting for me.

MALE SOLOIST
Where the crowds would cheer
When they see my face.

BOTH
And a voice keeps saying,
“This is where I’m meant to be.”

While in Wishes, it was this part;

You see, its just like I told ya.
Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
They're shining deep down inside of you.
'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Wishes! Dream a dream (fate is kind)
Wishes! Set it free (she brings to those who love)
Wishes! Trust your heart (the sweet fulfilment of)
Just Believe (their secret longing)
Just Believe (just believe)

Like a bolt out of the blue,
fate steps in and sees you through.
When you wish upon a star, your dreams...come...true

Make a wish, and do as dreamers do (just do as dreamers do)

Make a wish!
(Wishes!) Dream a dream!
(Wishes!) Cross your heart!
And your wish...will...come...true!

So basically what I'm saying is I've never watched a fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom without crying. Oh well, someone's got to be that girl! :)

Last edited:
He's a dirty double crosser.....
Whoopsie!

:laughing:
Genie...it really does work much better for stacking later in the day. We had Millennium Falcon booked for 5:40, our ILL for Rise at 6:40 and Toy Story Midway Mania at 7:20.
Wow!
Knowing we were hopping to Magic Kingdom, I booked Peter Pan for 8:30, Pirates for 9:00 and Haunted Mansion for 9:30. Things were definitely looking up!
:faint:

I must learn this stacking system. Impressive lineup.
IMG_0304.jpeg
Another cute outfit. :)
decided to stop in at Baseline Tap House.
mmmm... pretzel
Bill decided to add the steak puff as well.
steak puff? Is that new? Don't think I remember that.
High praise indeed!
Galaxy's Edge. He was blown away by the level of immersive detail.
Good! :goodvibes
Next up was Rise and it was amazing! I had experienced it last summer with Jack but it broke down half way through and wasn't the best. This time, it was a seamless experience and Bill LOVED it. It was worth every aggravation that day to see him having so much fun. :)
Glad it worked out this time. Looking forward to this in a few months.
We had an awesome driver and quickly arrived at the TTC and hopped on the monorail to MK. I was so happy to be there and was almost skipping down Main Street USA!
:goodvibes
Now it's no Wishes or HEA but there were parts I really enjoyed, especially the part from Moana which actually made me cry. What can I say...I wear my heart on my sleeve.
Awww... :)

Also... I'm glad that you say there are some redeeming parts. I'm still not happy they got rid of HEA.

Heck, if they announced they were bringing it back for a limited time, that alone would be enough for me to book a trip!
We thought we needed some dessert so mobile ordered at Aloha Isle for coconut dole whips
Nope!
We then headed to Haunted Mansion for our last lightening lane. Of course it was fabulous as always.
::yes:: How could it not be???
as much as I thought I would be closing the park down at 1 am, my feet did not agree with me.
Your feet know best. ;)
It turned out to be an awesome day. :)
That's great! :)
In a real life update, I am just getting ready to head out to a Disney meet in Hamilton. Always fun to meet up with other Disney fans and have a chance to wear one of my Disney Dress Shoppe dresses.
Nice! Little DISmeets away from the parks are almost as much fun. :)
As well, I am officially in the double digits for my summer solo trip countdown. I have some fun details about that trip to share next. :goodvibes
Oh, heck! So am I! I didn't even realize it!

YES! Me, too. Disney fireworks just have that effect on me LOL :) Wishes is still my ultimate favorite, but I love fireworks on Main Street--there's just something more magical about fireworks there than anywhere else!

Did you treat yourself to anything nice?
I got a cute Snow white t shirt, three new Tink pins, a teacup pin, an Orange Bird pin, a Mickey on vacation luggage tag and an Orange Bird zipped cosmetic bag. I go with a $100 cash budget other wise it would be dangerous! :)
I must learn this stacking system. Impressive lineup.
It's actually pretty easy. Make your first reservation at 7 am. Then 2 hours after park opening you can make your second. Let's say your park is AK and it opens at 7:30 am. At 9:30 you can make your second reservation, then every two hours thereafter. I set a timer on my phone so I stayed on track. You can do this poolside and stack a lovely evening for yourself!
steak puff? Is that new? Don't think I remember that.
I think it's newish? I remember seeing it last summer when Jack and I dined there.
Glad it worked out this time. Looking forward to this in a few months.
It was so fun, I know you will really enjoy it!
Also... I'm glad that you say there are some redeeming parts. I'm still not happy they got rid of HEA.

Heck, if they announced they were bringing it back for a limited time, that alone would be enough for me to book a trip!
I agree 100%! I loved HEA and would totally book a trip if they brought it back too!
Nice! Little DISmeets away from the parks are almost as much fun. :)
It was really great. The count was 330 people who showed up so a good turnout. I would have liked to stay longer but I had to get to Guelph to deliver the kitchen table, chairs, bookshelf and bike to Jamie. Good thing we have a van!
Oh, heck! So am I! I didn't even realize it!
What are your dates again? Are you doing hoppers or 1 park per day? I haven't bought park tickets yet but do have my MNSSHP ticket for the 23rd. So excited!
YES! Me, too. Disney fireworks just have that effect on me LOL :) Wishes is still my ultimate favorite, but I love fireworks on Main Street--there's just something more magical about fireworks there than anywhere else!
I agree! Nothing like fireworks with the castle. :goodvibes I loved Wishes as well and even have a Wishes tattoo... "Just Believe" on the inside of my left wrist.

It's actually pretty easy. Make your first reservation at 7 am. Then 2 hours after park opening you can make your second. Let's say your park is AK and it opens at 7:30 am. At 9:30 you can make your second reservation, then every two hours thereafter. I set a timer on my phone so I stayed on track. You can do this poolside and stack a lovely evening for yourself!
Okay, thanks. That's a good idea about the timer. :thumbsup2
It was so fun, I know you will really enjoy it!
:)
I agree 100%! I loved HEA and would totally book a trip if they brought it back too!
::yes::
The count was 330 people who showed up so a good turnout.
Holy smokes! Tons!
When we had a DISmeet here in Winnipeg, I think there was maybe a dozen people.
What are your dates again? Are you doing hoppers or 1 park per day?
Aug 15-23
89 days... not that I'm counting. :rolleyes1
I haven't bought park tickets yet but do have my MNSSHP ticket for the 23rd. So excited!
I hadn't even thought of MNSSHP. I mean... Halloween in August?
(But now I have to check!)

We wandered around for a bit, just taking everything in. We were off on our voyage on Millennium Falcon next and were engineers on the ride. The two cutest little boys (probably around 9 or 10) were the pilots and they were SO excited! They did an awesome job and it was very smooth.
Who you get in the ship with you really makes the ride.

Sounded like a great afternoon! We didn't get to go Baseline this trip. And I was kind of sad about ti. It just didn't work out. But your visit sounded perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter