Sunrise/Sunset Safaris

We plan to take the Sunrise Safari on checkout day. Will we have any problem getting back to AKV in time to check out at 11 AM or should we make sure we check out at OH-Dark-Thirty before the Safari? -- Suzanne

I asked if we should check out before the Sunrise safari and was told that if we left AK after eating breakfast, it shouldn't be a problem for us to be back to check out before 11. We're doing it in March. DH will be renting a car, so we were thinking of checking out and putting our things in the car so we're not rushed. However I think we'll go with what was suggested, we will leave AK right after breakfast.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I inquired about this in Nov. b/c we may have guests but not staying concierge. What I was told is that they have recently changed this and now all must be staying concierge. :sad2:

The info that I received a couple of days ago is in post #6. It clearly states that guests are allowed.

I asked if we should check out before the Sunrise safari and was told that if we left AK after eating breakfast, it shouldn't be a problem for us to be back to check out before 11. We're doing it in March. DH will be renting a car, so we were thinking of checking out and putting our things in the car so we're not rushed. However I think we'll go with what was suggested, we will leave AK right after breakfast.

I think we were done with breakfast by 10 am if I remember correctly. But remember that you have to take the bus back to AK and that could take time to catch. You should still make it by 11 am I'd guess if you're doing nothing at AK at all other than the safari and breakfast.

I think we were done with breakfast by 10 am if I remember correctly. But remember that you have to take the bus back to AK and that could take time to catch. You should still make it by 11 am I'd guess if you're doing nothing at AK at all other than the safari and breakfast.

This is why I have a tag that mentions "two opinions." I've read that some here got a fast pass for the KS...if we got that, then we would want to go on it...thus now I'm leaning to checking out, then going on the safari. I could easily drive my DH crazy:crazy: It's better for me just to think about things here.

This is why I have a tag that mentions "two opinions." I've read that some here got a fast pass for the KS...if we got that, then we would want to go on it...thus now I'm leaning to checking out, then going on the safari. I could easily drive my DH crazy:crazy: It's better for me just to think about things here.

Ah, then pack up and check out before you leave.

I believe they don't give FP for KS anymore as part of the safari. BUT, you walk right past it on the way to breakfast. Do a quick detour and pick up your own FP like we did. There will be placecards at breakfast for where you are to sit so you have reserved seats. It doesn't matter if you get there first... they won't start without you.

The info that I received a couple of days ago is in post #6. It clearly states that guests are allowed.

And there's never any outdated written informations, eh? :lmao: I'm just reporting what I was told by AKV concierge in Nov. My email I had received also stated it was available to non-concierge but when I asked they told me it had changed awhile before I received my email! I'm not saying to not ask, just reporting what I was verbally told so people are aware that it may no longer be correct.

Perhaps with the downturn they've reversed the decision which would be nice for people who are visiting with friends and family that aren't all staying at the same room level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts