Sungela's PJ & TR Merged! Finally an Update! Faux Disneymoon Time

Congratulations! Both of your rings are beautiful - can't wait to hear details & see more pics.

Hiya Neighbor! Congrats on your wedding planning! Ok so I'm asking everyone this who lives remotely near me - Which bridal shops did you get your dresses? The only bridal shop I found that is near Philly that stocks the Disney Line is Bridaltown - did you go there?

Looking forward to reading more!

Congrats!! Wow, a two-Tiffany couple, I'd be awestruck by the bling ;) I can't wait to see photos of both of you in your dresses. I love how Angela's is simplistic in contrast to your princess-y one. They'll look gorgeous together!

Hiya Neighbor! Congrats on your wedding planning! Ok so I'm asking everyone this who lives remotely near me - Which bridal shops did you get your dresses? The only bridal shop I found that is near Philly that stocks the Disney Line is Bridaltown - did you go there?

Looking forward to reading more!

They just had a trunk show a few weeks ago. They don't actually have the dresses in the store. They might, but they didn't when I was there two months ago. Keep checking their website for when they are having trunk shows. (I just checked earlier today and they don't have one scheduled yet)

Congrats!! I LOVE your dress! I'm not engaged, but was looking through wedding dresses anyway (it's never too early to plan!:goodvibes ) and fell completely in love with that one. I'm sure you'll look gorgeous in it!!

Congrats and welcome!! Your dresses are gorgeous!! Are you having a wishes wedding?

I vote for Patricia LeJeune for hair and makeup. I haven't met her yet, but I've talked to her a number of times and she's very sweet. You should look at her website www.lejeune-pca.com.

Congratulations and :welcome:!

Your rings are absolutely beautiful and your dresses are stunning! You're definitely right about yours commanding attention, and I love how they're both different but compliment each other.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans! :cloud9:

They just had a trunk show a few weeks ago. They don't actually have the dresses in the store. They might, but they didn't when I was there two months ago. Keep checking their website for when they are having trunk shows. (I just checked earlier today and they don't have one scheduled yet)

Wow that's good to know. I thought they actually had them in stock. I'll keep checking back for trunk shows. Did you like BridalTowns service?

I'm soooo happy that Disney changed their policy because otherwise we'd never have gotten to know you - yay for Disney!

I love your rings, I would love a blue box with something just for me in it - we got a couple as wedding presents and not to sound ungrateful but candlestick holders just don't hang well from my ear.

Your dresses are stunning, oh to have either of your figures.

My MoH and her wife had a commitment here in the UK not long after Paul and I were married and they were walked down the aisle in their gorge dresses by their Best Men, LOL there was much discussion as to who was going to come down the aisle first ;) They each had a Best Man and Best Woman, the Best Women had to do a reading each. I actually took care of their make-up and I gave them a trial run, I was also in their Wedding co-ordinator but I was upset that I did not get a "Monica" clipboard and headset ;) Not long after they had their ceremony the Government changed their policy LOL could have been timed better but they did end up having a civil ceremony to rubber stamp it and make it official.

Anyway not sure what your plans are but I can't wait to read more. Congratulations to you both :)

I absolutely love both dresses and both rings! Everything is beautiful! That's a great picture of the 2 of you! As for a cosmetologist, well my vow renewal isn't until June 2009 but I already know I will use Ana of Beaute Speciale. She has gotten great reviews from Disney brides.

Wow that's good to know. I thought they actually had them in stock. I'll keep checking back for trunk shows. Did you like BridalTowns service?

I worked with Gail and she was really helpful. They actually sold the dress I wanted before I went in with my mom, but I was able to get the same one brand new for the same price as the stock one. :banana: My BFF actually picked out the dress and said "humor me". Since I only live about 5 minutes from them, alterations should be no problem when the time comes.

CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH....what aa awsome event for you both...getting married at WDW & to be the 1st lesbian couple...how NEAT!!!!! CONGRATS!!!

your rings & dresses are beautiful!!!!! you 2 are gonna look amazing!!!

cant wait to read more details!!!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments and suggestions! I got my dress during the first trunk show at Exquisite Bride in Princeton (I work right across the street, which makes it very easy). I kind of miss wedding dress shopping--I'm not actually that princessy, but I love being surrounded by layers of taffeta.

Being a two Tiffany couple has its pluses (all that shininess), but it is a little too easy to spend $$$ on diamonds. We just got our wedding bands there (with Sungela engraved, of course, to represent the perfection of our union/have something that is totally uniquely us) and I got my "something new"--earrings that match my engagement ring. It's going to be really hard to refrain from wearing them before June 22... Angela has her eye on the Gehry orchid earrings and necklace:
Orchidearrings.jpg

Speaking of extravagant sums, we just got our budget in. Boy does it add up fast. A few questions for Disney bridal vets:
1. Do we have to estimate so much for liquor? I mean, they budgeted 5 drinks per person for a morning wedding, not counting champagne. Even if we get it back, that's a lot of extra cash to lay out.
2. Is the video worth it? I go back and forth--will we ever watch it? How likely is it that our kids can even watch it, given how fast technology changes? For those who purchased it (or didn't), do you regret it?
3. How much (approx.) were your flowers? We haven't gotten that part of the budget yet, but I want to have a range. I don't want a whole bunch of flowers (primarily due to my hyper-allergenic Jewish family), but I'm worried that we'll get an estimate for $20K worth of disposable decorations.

(By the way, I think it's hilarious how many people are from NJ, PA, or CT. Either this is a very skewed sample or I've found myself in Disney wedding territory.)

1. Do we have to estimate so much for liquor? I mean, they budgeted 5 drinks per person for a morning wedding, not counting champagne. Even if we get it back, that's a lot of extra cash to lay out.

i thought the exact same thing and had them cut my bar budget in half per person. they had estimated 6 drinks per for me, so i had them cut it to three.

2. Is the video worth it? I go back and forth--will we ever watch it? How likely is it that our kids can even watch it, given how fast technology changes? For those who purchased it (or didn't), do you regret it?

i am excited to get my video back. you don't know how much you miss on that day, everyone tells me stories now and i'm like, "i didn't know that happened!" so yes, i think it's worth it.

3. How much (approx.) were your flowers? We haven't gotten that part of the budget yet, but I want to have a range. I don't want a whole bunch of flowers (primarily due to my hyper-allergenic Jewish family), but I'm worried that we'll get an estimate for $20K worth of disposable decorations.

my bouquet was 350 and my sisters rose wands were 40 each. i shouldn't have done centerpieces which were the bulk of my budget, still under a thousand dollars...but i shouldn't have done them. oh well! the only reason my bouquet was so expensive was because i told her i wanted to biggest bouquet that she had ever made and that's what i got!
hth!

That's much better than I was thinking, although I'm still a little nervous to see the floral budget. Cutting out a few people from the dessert party and halving the estimated liquor really helped, though...

when it comes to centerpieces, i think carrie (lurkyloo's) advice was the best...when have you EVER remembered a centerpiece from any wedding you have ever gone to? i know i haven't. i barely remember my own! depending on where you are having your reception, i wouldn't do them at all. many disney locations have enough added scenery, so unless you're in a ballroomish type place, you shouldn't need the added expense. thats just my 2 cents though...

Hi!

First, congratulations!!

About the floral budget - this is definitely the place where your money can get spent quickly. If you don't do floral centerpieces, you'll be fine. Yes, the bouquets are in the neighborhood of $300 each, but the centerpieces are what can really add up. You can do something nice for each table at a reasonable price without the really expensive floral.

About the video, we did not have a professional videographer, so it may not be the same, but we feel kind of awkward noticing it. A lot of people don't like to look at themselves in pictures because they start nitpicking themselves - I find it's even worse on video. Most people will tell you to go ahead and do it. It's definitely worth it if there are important people who aren't able to attend.

Did you get your dress at Bridaltown or Exquistie Bride? I made an appt for Bridaltown for 2/16. It says on there website the trunk show is 2/1-3/31. But the woman on the phone couldn't give me an answer so I'll be calling again.

I vote for Video, I know I'll miss a ton of stuff at my wedding and no matter how much I always made fun of myself at my old teenage dance recitals, I watch them over and over again and remember just how fun they were!

I know someone did centerpieces for like $35 a table but that was in 2005. They were a glass bowl with water and a couples lilies in it with blue sea glass. I'm thinking of something like that for mine but with seashells. I already bought sandcastles but I have to figure out how to get them there!!!

For liquor sorry, I'm clueless!

First of all, congratulations to you both!! :goodvibes

Wow! This ring is SO beautiful!! Do you happen to have a picture of you wearing it? I'd love to see how big the flower is in proportion to your hand.

Your dresses are gorgeous too! And congratulations again! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter