Sunday morning coffee talk

quandrea

DIS Veteran
Good morning everyone! Coffee’s brewing again this week. What is everyone up to today?

I’m waiting for Grocery Gateway to deliver my groceries this morning. Huge order so I’ll be busy this morning restocking the pantry.

My eldest is working on an essay for her gr 12 English class. I’m an English teacher by profession so I’ll be on hand to edit and help out. She’s a bit upset with me because I want this paper submitted today. She’s taking classes with the Independent Learning Centre and due to administrative delays, she is behind. We have to finish these courses by April 20 when she is due to re enroll in school for two more credits.

Pizza and a movie with a roaring fire planned for tonight.

My twins are giggling in the living room. They had a “sleepover” last night with each other. They’ve always done this. It’s just a night where they camp out, eat junk food and play games. Being a twin is a very useful thing during a pandemic. They’re never lonely.

I’ve read two good books this week. The Push and Lunch in Paris. Could not put The Push down.

I watched Stanley Tucci’s Searching for Italy this week. It’s on again tonight. It’s a wonderful show about the food of Italy. Feels as though you’re transported to Italy.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Good morning. My youngest is working on a biology assignment that he didn't hand in on Friday...Oye.... so be glad that although your daughter is angry you're making her hand it in early, she's doing it at least. My youngest, boy, is sure different than my daughter was. Actually the older ones (my sks) were the same. Daughter conscious about school stuff, son.. meh...everything was "good enough". Our 3 yr old grandson was over last night. What a treat to have a kid that runs and jumps to hug you than a couple of teens in the house that grunt replies or complain there's nothing to eat! LOL We went for a walk last night and when we got back he said that was so much fun. LOL

I've been finishing up Grey's Anatomy. Watched it years ago up to season 5 or something so I started again. Books - I usually only read at camp. I love reading, but I always fall asleep. Same as watching tv or on the laptop in the evening. But at camp I've got all day to sit by the water and read. Love it and can't wait to do it this summer!

It's warming up here finally. The -40 weather we had for a few weeks was crazy. So a roaring fire will happen this week. Ski hill opened so my son was happy, as was I to finally seeing him getting excited to get out and do something!

Dh is working so I'm going to grab coffees later and visit my friend and her little dog in her back yard so the GS and her dog can play while we visit!

You have a great day too!

I’m working this weekend, first weekend the-opened since shutdown. It’s been crazy.
Had a zoom call with my old housemates from university and their spouses last night. So glad we have been friends for so long. It’s not the same as being together but it’s better than nothing.
This week I’m going to get my hair cut and coloured. I’m such a Leo lol.
Watched Wandavision with the fam jam. So good!
Also started back into the muppet show my inner 5 year old was giddy!
I have a big presentation in a a couple of weeks for work that I need to get done but I also need to get out with tour customers, so there is that great juggle.
Have a great week everyone!

Good morning. My youngest is working on a biology assignment that he didn't hand in on Friday...Oye.... so be glad that although your daughter is angry you're making her hand it in early, she's doing it at least. My youngest, boy, is sure different than my daughter was. Actually the older ones (my sks) were the same. Daughter conscious about school stuff, son.. meh...everything was "good enough". Our 3 yr old grandson was over last night. What a treat to have a kid that runs and jumps to hug you than a couple of teens in the house that grunt replies or complain there's nothing to eat! LOL We went for a walk last night and when we got back he said that was so much fun. LOL

I've been finishing up Grey's Anatomy. Watched it years ago up to season 5 or something so I started again. Books - I usually only read at camp. I love reading, but I always fall asleep. Same as watching tv or on the laptop in the evening. But at camp I've got all day to sit by the water and read. Love it and can't wait to do it this summer!

It's warming up here finally. The -40 weather we had for a few weeks was crazy. So a roaring fire will happen this week. Ski hill opened so my son was happy, as was I to finally seeing him getting excited to get out and do something!

Dh is working so I'm going to grab coffees later and visit my friend and her little dog in her back yard so the GS and her dog can play while we visit!

You have a great day too!
You’re so right about the teens grunting at you! Dd is almost seventeen and I miss the little girl. She’s a great kid, but moodiness has definitely set in!
I’m hoping to have coffee with a friend next Sunday. Enjoy your visit!

Groceries are put away. My twins helped. I still wipe everything down so grocery day is a big deal. Not sure if it’s necessary but I figure better safe than sorry. I hate doing it though.

I’m working this weekend, first weekend the-opened since shutdown. It’s been crazy.
Had a zoom call with my old housemates from university and their spouses last night. So glad we have been friends for so long. It’s not the same as being together but it’s better than nothing.
This week I’m going to get my hair cut and coloured. I’m such a Leo lol.
Watched Wandavision with the fam jam. So good!
Also started back into the muppet show my inner 5 year old was giddy!
I have a big presentation in a a couple of weeks for work that I need to get done but I also need to get out with tour customers, so there is that great juggle.
Have a great week everyone!
You’re lucky to get your hair cut. I don’t know when we will open enough for that to happen. Haven’t had a cut since July and I usually go every six to eight weeks. My hair is terrible. Enjoy!

Good morning everyone! Coffee’s brewing again this week. What is everyone up to today?

I’m waiting for Grocery Gateway to deliver my groceries this morning. Huge order so I’ll be busy this morning restocking the pantry.

My eldest is working on an essay for her gr 12 English class. I’m an English teacher by profession so I’ll be on hand to edit and help out. She’s a bit upset with me because I want this paper submitted today. She’s taking classes with the Independent Learning Centre and due to administrative delays, she is behind. We have to finish these courses by April 20 when she is due to re enroll in school for two more credits.

Pizza and a movie with a roaring fire planned for tonight.

My twins are giggling in the living room. They had a “sleepover” last night with each other. They’ve always done this. It’s just a night where they camp out, eat junk food and play games. Being a twin is a very useful thing during a pandemic. They’re never lonely.

I’ve read two good books this week. The Push and Lunch in Paris. Could not put The Push down.

I watched Stanley Tucci’s Searching for Italy this week. It’s on again tonight. It’s a wonderful show about the food of Italy. Feels as though you’re transported to Italy.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
I read The Push (well, listened to the audiobook) this week too. Definitely captivating!

Kettle is on ,,pull up a chair in the sunshine and have a cup of tea and a biscuit!
Minor pharmacy shop this morning,, first in and first out with no other shoppers=bonus.
Today is laundry and online food order day,,, I know so exciting but hey I'll take it.

Ha Hair,,,,
My last cut was over a year ago, and I am not sure I will get it cut even when I can.
I have been buying more hair care products to nurture it,, I love the body shop banana shampoo.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Hugs
Mel

I read The Push (well, listened to the audiobook) this week too. Definitely captivating!
It was a chilling read. I just grabbed it as a lightning loan off Libby (library app). Took a chance on it. Loved it. Tore through it in less than a day. Lunch in Paris is not as good, although I do like how it has recipes. Trying one today for a peach Charlotte.

We've had breakfast, and have been listening to Sunday Morning Trivia on the radio.. (CJBK in London - but also on other radio stations on the network). They've had a bunch of Muppets trivia today. We're always thinking about Disney, which I guess is why I'm here reading the Disney Discussion board.... Afternoon plans are to go out to Costco to stock up on some food so that we can stay home and do our part to not catch the Covid-19 virus... We rarely leave the house, other than going for a walk around our neighbourhood for exercise. This afternoon's plans might involve thinking about a visit to Disney at an unknown date in the future. We still have hopes of going to Disney in August of 2022...

Morning! A lazy day planned here. Pets are all napping while kiddo is playing Roblox or Minecraft or something with his friends. I'm watching sappy romance movies and thinking I need to clean the kitchen, fridge and maybe tackle the freezer soon. I normally read a lot, I love having a kindle so I can read anywhere and borrow or get free books.

I'd rather be travelling, but will be content to work on planning a trip at some point, whenever it's ok to travel again. Hoping for December but I know if that doesn't work it will happen eventually.

For those of you dreaming of Disney travel—Jen Lefforge on YouTube is running a series where she plans fantasy Disney trips. They are a lot of fun to watch and I’ve been planning fantasy trips along with her. It’s silly perhaps, but it’s fun and something to do while I’m locked up inside. Give them a watch.
We've had breakfast, and have been listening to Sunday Morning Trivia on the radio.. (CJBK in London - but also on other radio stations on the network). They've had a bunch of Muppets trivia today. We're always thinking about Disney, which I guess is why I'm here reading the Disney Discussion board.... Afternoon plans are to go out to Costco to stock up on some food so that we can stay home and do our part to not catch the Covid-19 virus... We rarely leave the house, other than going for a walk around our neighbourhood for exercise. This afternoon's plans might involve thinking about a visit to Disney at an unknown date in the future. We still have hopes of going to Disney in August of 2022...
Morning! A lazy day planned here. Pets are all napping while kiddo is playing Roblox or Minecraft or something with his friends. I'm watching sappy romance movies and thinking I need to clean the kitchen, fridge and maybe tackle the freezer soon. I normally read a lot, I love having a kindle so I can read anywhere and borrow or get free books.

I'd rather be travelling, but will be content to work on planning a trip at some point, whenever it's ok to travel again. Hoping for December but I know if that doesn't work it will happen eventually.

Morning all . So far I’ve done laundry and took DD to soccer practice at 730. Big kid 18 currently has littlest hockey , then big kid has hockey at 5 I think . I kinda miss not being busy.
im avoiding doing paperwork . I have to get tax stuff ready and have autism funding /budgeting fo deal with, and that is beyond confusing and stressful . I’m way behind submitting stuff and need to figure out what gets submitted where . Sigh
I’ve been distracted with birthday window shopping . I have three in March . Littlest is March 2 and luckily he’s done at least .
Easy lunch and spaghetti for dinner .

Morning all . So far I’ve done laundry and took DD to soccer practice at 730. Big kid 18 currently has littlest hockey , then big kid has hockey at 5 I think . I kinda miss not being busy.
im avoiding doing paperwork . I have to get tax stuff ready and have autism funding /budgeting fo deal with, and that is beyond confusing and stressful . I’m way behind submitting stuff and need to figure out what gets submitted where . Sigh
I’ve been distracted with birthday window shopping . I have three in March . Littlest is March 2 and luckily he’s done at least .
Easy lunch and spaghetti for dinner .
This all sounds good—except the tax stuff. I started that last week. I hate imputing expenses every year. Should do it monthly, but never do.

We have DH’s birthday in March. Can’t think of a gift for him this year. Then my oldest turns 17 in April. Her shopping is done. We got her a Disney Star Wars Loungefly backpack, Disney flip flops, a run Disney Nike baseball cap and I’ll pick up an indigo gift card.

Spaghetti sounds good. I’m planning an Italian night this week. Grocery order today had gourmet pasta, antipasto, the makings for meatballs, etc. Looking forward to it. Enjoy your pasta night.

Heading out for a walk soon.

I have done laundry this morning and washed the dishes and now am going out shopping at Rexall. I will be doing more laundry later as I am going to wash all my new mask material today. This afternoon I will be watching Nascar racing.
I have my next week of sports watching all planned out as the Scotties Tournament of Hearts womans curling championship is on this week. I can cheer for my favourite teams. They are playing in a 'bubble" in Calgary so the fans are cardboard cutouts.
It looks like a beautiful sunny day here in Ontario so I hope that the weather is good where you are.

It's evening before I sat down to read DIS today. Yesterday while leaving the house, DS1 noticed a spot on the ceiling. We looked at it and after carefully considering all factors thought it was an ice dam so DH went up on the roof to clear it up. Water kept dripping. Put buckets under the drips and figured it would take a while for the drips to stop. It had gotten into the insulation.

Went to bed with buckets still catching drips. I had a look at them this morning and it seemed like a lot of water for snow melt. After DH ate his breakfast we started taking down the ceiling to determine where the source of the water was before we called a roofer to come fix the roof. A few hours later we determined it wasn't the roof at all but a slow drip from the cold water to the sink in the bathroom above one of the drips. Water travels to the lowest spot so it took a while for us to figure it out. DH immediately shut off the water and the drips stopped.

He's quite handy and was able to fix the issue with the water supply. The front hall now looks like a construction zone. I'm grateful that it was the front hall that was affected as there was not damage to furniture, paintings or carpets there. We'll remove the wet insulation tomorrow evening and seal it up again. We'll have more insulation blown in this summer to top everything up. I never liked the popcorn ceiling so now I can get rid of it. Yay!

Great way to spend a Sunday (not) but it's fixed and under repair. (I should mention that I was only a supervising party to the production because I still am not allowed to lift anything but "we" did the work.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter