Summit (cheer) 2019 - help from any experienced parents!

asafko

Mouseketeer
My daughter's cheer team got a bid to summit. I am weighing the cost of buying the package summit offers or buying separately - a lot of factors to consider. I was wondering, for any of you who have gone and had their kids compete, how much time did you actually get in the parks? I don't know that a 4 day park hopper will be worth it. We do plan to get there Thursday afternoon and stay through Monday night but they practice all day Friday and then compete Saturday and Sunday. Thanks for any tips or guidance.

We didn't do cheer, but did a dance competition. The girls were able to spend some time in the parks each day, but not a lot. They also marched in a parade and had to schedule practice time for that. I don't know what your package looks like, but I did better booking on my own. Our girls all stayed at All Star Music, so I booked there. We came down a couple of days before and stayed a couple of days after to get more time in.

It depends on your gym. We are "local" (Tampa area) and our gym doesn't allow our athletes in the park until after they have finished their competition. Gym also requires athletes go and support other teams and we have 8-13 teams there each year. My DD was a fly for many years and our coaches believe riding rides throws off your equilibrium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter