• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Discount for Disney+ Subscribers

Anybody see anything for the Contemporary in September?
It really depends on your dates. I saw some availability the first half of September, in the $650 range for a theme park view, not so much the second half.

Thanks to our Dreams agent for hooking up this discount! Saved me just over 300 for the Contemporary!

This discount kinda snuck up on everybody, but I had a feeling a summer discount was coming soon. That’s why I was snooping around so early. Not only did I save $430 on my WL in summer, I passed the news on to one of the parents at the bus stop this morning, and she saved $1,000 on her July stay.

I had the same issue as previous poster (MDE account has my email, Disney+ is my husbands email), so I called and just had to supply his email so they could verify he has A Disney+ subscription , that part took about 10 mins.

I was told 38 minute wait, i got someone after about 27 minutes. Took another 30 minutes to complete applying the discount because we are staying for 16 nights and he had to split our reservation (I had such a wonderful CM!). But i saved $528!

okay... this is absolutely absurd...............

MDE is in my wife's name. I signed up for D+ under my name. We already have a reservation (it is in October), but I said, well, just in case they do this in October, let's put the D+ subscription under your e-mail because the booking sight says we have to be logged in under the same e-mail address.

So I logged into D+ on my laptop, and clicked on change my email address. I put hers in and it says I CAN'T update it to her address because it is "already in use". Disney's help page says:

"Updating Disney+ email address and password

The email address and password you use when signing up for Disney+ act as your login credentials. Keep in mind, The Walt Disney Company uses a unified registration system, meaning you have a single Disney account using one email address for several Disney digital products and experiences. "

So, since her e-mail account already exists, it won't let me use it any more than I could use Lebron James or Tom Hanks email address because they already exist and are in use. So am I SCREWED? How can I link D+ to MDE if it won't let me use her email address? And I DON'T want to change MDE to my e-mail address because she handles all the bookings/reservations etc through her email.

Has anyone else run into this and found a way to resolve it?

update on this... it isn't so bad! since my wife and i are linked in MDE, I could log into MDE and edit the trip when i was logged in.

Been on hold for over an hour trying to get the discount applied to our existing YC reservation. Crossing fingers!

Update: Could not get the discount applied.

Despite our existing reservation’s dates falling within the offer’s date parameters, and because YC (to begin with) had no more availability just before the offer was released, there are no rooms to book under the Disney+ discount and our room has to stay at full price. My DH and I are trying to decide if we want to switch to a different hotel.

I will continue to monitor YC availability in case more spaces open up.

Modified our POP reservation for August and saved $290. The queue was about 6 minutes.
The Q was 65 minutes at 12:30 so I did a call back. Now I have been waiting 6 minutes on hold for the CM to get guest services to modify my Aug Pop reservation. All this to save $100 on my 3 night stay at Pop. Yikes
update: manager at guest services called back To help but I told him I went online and make the changes. I am happy.

Last edited:
Update: Could not get the discount applied.

Despite our existing reservation’s dates falling within the offer’s date parameters, and because YC (to begin with) had no more availability just before the offer was released, there are no rooms to book under the Disney+ discount and our room has to stay at full price. My DH and I are trying to decide if we want to switch to a different hotel.

I will continue to monitor YC availability in case more spaces open up.
That sucks. :-(
You mean they cannot just apply the discount to your existing reservation?

The Q was 65 minutes at 12:30 so I did a call back. Now I have been waiting 6 minutes on hold for the CM to get guest services to modify my Aug Pop reservation. All this to save $100 on my 3 night stay at Pop. Yikes
Update: was on hold with cm for 1 hr then she said guest services would help me. Then the call dropped. Went online, clicked on available discounts. Logged in and pulled up my original reservation And changed it to the Disney+ for the same room at Pop. Saved $114.07 on my 3 day booking at Pop For post-cruise Wish inaugural.

Sorry one other question (as I don't want to be on hold for hour for nothing)....does this apply for a booking that is a package (i.e.. room + tickets)? Or does it only apply for room only?

Sorry one other question (as I don't want to be on hold for hour for nothing)....does this apply for a booking that is a package (i.e.. room + tickets)? Or does it only apply for room only?
I applied to my package, but it only affected the room rate

Can anyone confirm that there still is availability with the offer for ASmusic suites Aug20-28? I can add my promo but am logged in with my D+ account and even confirmed it, says no availability? But I checked and promo didnt exclude these suites..could they really be out of the promo rooms already? I just want to make its not just me getting an error.

Can anyone confirm that there still is availability with the offer for ASmusic suites Aug20-28? I can add my promo but am logged in with my D+ account and even confirmed it, says no availability? But I checked and promo didnt exclude these suites..could they really be out of the promo rooms already? I just want to make its not just me getting an error.
I am not getting the suites to pull up for those days. Just preferred rooms.

No discount for my 5th sleeper CBR stay July 12-19 dates. My TA called to see if I could apply the discount to my reservation, but the only rooms that were available were pirate rooms. Bummer :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter