• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Discount for Disney+ Subscribers

Just rebooked our two rooms for August at POP with my daughter's email as she's the Disney+ account holder in the family. I was able to book two rooms thru the Disney website (there are 5 of us - all adults now) with her name as the lead in only one room. Saved us $430. Now I just need to cancel my previous reservations which were booked with my email. Phew!
Were you able to get the discount on both rooms, or just on one of them? I work with someone who has POFQ reservations for two rooms for six adults. She says the system didn't allow them to book two rooms under the same name, so they have two separate confirmation numbers. Right now they have the D+ discount on only one of the rooms. Can they get the discount on both?

Just rebooked our two rooms for August at POP with my daughter's email as she's the Disney+ account holder in the family. I was able to book two rooms thru the Disney website (there are 5 of us - all adults now) with her name as the lead in only one room. Saved us $430. Now I just need to cancel my previous reservations which were booked with my email. Phew!
Were you able to get the discount on both rooms, or just on one of them? I work with someone who has POFQ reservations for two rooms for six adults. She says the system didn't allow them to book two rooms under the same name, so they have two separate confirmation numbers. Right now they have the D+ discount on only one of the rooms. Can they get the discount on both?

Can I modify our existing WL reservation online? I am on hold with Disney now. It says a 90 minute wait, and I have been on hold around half an hour. MDE and Disney + is all in my name. I just want to apply the 10% to our existing ressie...too bad WL doesn't get the 25%!

Was able to call and actually get through on the reservation line (shocker, I know). Estimated wait time around 10 a.m. was 38 minutes and I fully expected it to wait that long, but I got some pixie dust and only waited for about 4 minutes. Saved almost $1300 on our reservation. I was having issues logging in, which is why I called. My husband is our account holder in the house for Disney+ and the reservation was in my name. Since he was listed already in the reservation for our room, they worked to apply the discount. I am having issues logging into the website---but I can see in the Disneyapp that my reservation is updated with the discount.

I am very happy with this discount and thanks for the original poster this morning. That is how I became aware of it!

Might be worth giving them a call if you can!

Can I modify our existing WL reservation online? I am on hold with Disney now. It says a 90 minute wait, and I have been on hold around half an hour. MDE and Disney + is all in my name. I just want to apply the 10% to our existing ressie...too bad WL doesn't get the 25%!
I was able to do it online. You just had to be signed into Disney Plus at the same time.

okay... this is absolutely absurd...............

MDE is in my wife's name. I signed up for D+ under my name. We already have a reservation (it is in October), but I said, well, just in case they do this in October, let's put the D+ subscription under your e-mail because the booking sight says we have to be logged in under the same e-mail address.

So I logged into D+ on my laptop, and clicked on change my email address. I put hers in and it says I CAN'T update it to her address because it is "already in use". Disney's help page says:

"Updating Disney+ email address and password

The email address and password you use when signing up for Disney+ act as your login credentials. Keep in mind, The Walt Disney Company uses a unified registration system, meaning you have a single Disney account using one email address for several Disney digital products and experiences. "

So, since her e-mail account already exists, it won't let me use it any more than I could use Lebron James or Tom Hanks email address because they already exist and are in use. So am I SCREWED? How can I link D+ to MDE if it won't let me use her email address? And I DON'T want to change MDE to my e-mail address because she handles all the bookings/reservations etc through her email.

Has anyone else run into this and found a way to resolve it?

It's a monthly subscription....cancel your subscription and subscribe under her email?

Is this discount only in usa? I can’t find it on UK/Ireland site…

From a poster on The Dibb

Its on the US site, you have to have a VPN, be signed into MDE and make sure that the disney+ is in your email address.

You then will get the 25% off its only valid from July to September

Dumb question alert.... where do you see the promo to click to book? In your My Disney Experience account or your Disney Plus account?
I have both, all use the same exact log in info, all in my name. But I'm not sure where to find the promo

I answered myself. Wasn't so hard after all.

I did it online. Just be sure you're signed in, pull up your reservation and click change reservation and it should show the option to check for the Disney+ offer.

Finally got in and got a reservation for the Riviera for late July, saved us $1100. I had to go in under my daughter's account because she has Disney+. My other daughter and I are going in September and she has Disney+ as well. Here's my question- she's unavailable to talk to right now, but I know it's between 2 resorts- POFQ or AKL. Just asking, so please no judgement if possible- can I hold 2 reservations for the same time frame, same guests, same lead on the reservation? It's my understanding the Disney+ account holder has to be the lead. It would only be for a few hours, but I don't want to risk a cancellation of either of them so. Back in the before times, I'd just call and ask, but by the time I got hold of someone, she'd be available to talk to.

For some reason it won't let me finish on my work computer. I have to wait until I get home. - Uggghhh. Hoping there are still discounts for YC for our dates by that time!

I booked both WL and POP on this discount.

Does anyone know the current Bounce Back offer? Does it beat 25% off?

From a poster on The Dibb

Its on the US site, you have to have a VPN, be signed into MDE and make sure that the disney+ is in your email address.

You then will get the 25% off its only valid from July to September
Thank you!

Yes, I was able to get the discount on both rooms. I put three of us in one room, two in the other. The D+ holder is in one of the rooms only. I did have to book them separately and we do have two confirmation numbers as well. Someday, maybe, they'll let us book two rooms at once?

What a bummer, our Disney+ is under the hubby's and my shared email because it's the email we use for Verizon, we have the bundle through them. I've had my regular Disney account though my email from the get go, I'm the main account holder, Verizon is under my hubby. No discount for me, hoping they put out some other discounts soon....

For some reason it won't let me finish on my work computer. I have to wait until I get home. - Uggghhh. Hoping there are still discounts for YC for our dates by that time!
Just changed my YC reservation and saved $2500 on 2 waterview rooms I have booked for 7 nights in August!! They still show availability now for garden and water view, standard and club level not available for my dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter