Summer Discount for Disney+ Subscribers

We have a trip booked for our family of four end of August. I am the primary booker, email, etc.

We have Disney+ at home under my husband's name.

1. Anyone know if the 25% off applies if Disney+ is in my husband's name (he is on our August trip)?
  2. Does it apply to deluxe resorts? We are staying at Contemporary.

We have a trip booked for our family of four end of August. I am the primary booker, email, etc.

1. Anyone know if the 25% off applies if Disney+ is in my husband's name (he is on our August trip)?
you have to login with the same account, they need to be able to verify your subscription.

1. The account you book it from needs to be the same email address as the Disney+ account.
2. Yes.

The waiting page says the email used needs to match your D+ email & the subscriber needs to be staying in the room.

That last part is rather important for couples who don’t travel together.

Thank you. I think DH does have an account so will see if he can try (or maybe he goes under mine...will have to check as I don't remember). He's on the resort booking.

okay... this is absolutely absurd...............

MDE is in my wife's name. I signed up for D+ under my name. We already have a reservation (it is in October), but I said, well, just in case they do this in October, let's put the D+ subscription under your e-mail because the booking sight says we have to be logged in under the same e-mail address.

So I logged into D+ on my laptop, and clicked on change my email address. I put hers in and it says I CAN'T update it to her address because it is "already in use". Disney's help page says:

"Updating Disney+ email address and password

The email address and password you use when signing up for Disney+ act as your login credentials. Keep in mind, The Walt Disney Company uses a unified registration system, meaning you have a single Disney account using one email address for several Disney digital products and experiences. "

So, since her e-mail account already exists, it won't let me use it any more than I could use Lebron James or Tom Hanks email address because they already exist and are in use. So am I SCREWED? How can I link D+ to MDE if it won't let me use her email address? And I DON'T want to change MDE to my e-mail address because she handles all the bookings/reservations etc through her email.

Has anyone else run into this and found a way to resolve it?

We have a trip booked in September, standard room at CBR and could not apply it to our reservation. Says this room type is unavailable. It’s what I was expecting.

Just rebooked our two rooms for August at POP with my daughter's email as she's the Disney+ account holder in the family. I was able to book two rooms thru the Disney website (there are 5 of us - all adults now) with her name as the lead in only one room. Saved us $430. Now I just need to cancel my previous reservations which were booked with my email. Phew!

MDE is in my wife's name. I signed up for D+ under my name. We already have a reservation (it is in October), but I said, well, just in case they do this in October, let's put the D+ subscription under your e-mail because the booking sight says we have to be logged in under the same e-mail address.

So I logged into D+ on my laptop, and clicked on change my email address. I put hers in and it says I CAN'T update it to her address because it is "already in use". Disney's help page says:

The email address and password you use when signing up for Disney+ act as your login credentials. Keep in mind, The Walt Disney Company uses a unified registration system, meaning you have a single Disney account using one email address for several Disney digital products and experiences. "

So, since her e-mail account already exists, it won't let me use it any more than I could use Lebron James or Tom Hanks email address because they already exist and are in use. So am I SCREWED? How can I link D+ to MDE if it won't let me use her email address? And I DON'T want to change MDE to my e-mail address because she handles all the bookings/reservations etc through her email.

I share a D+ account with my mom, but she's listed as the primary subscriber. I booked our room this morning through her account, but put myself as the primary contact, so I can manage the reservation and do all the check in stuff. If you have a D+ log in, it's the same across all Disney accounts.

I’d make a new booking under your name and your email and your mde account. Then link her to the res. She’ll be able to do all the dining on her own mde if she’s linked.

Just rebooked our two rooms for August at POP with my daughter's email as she's the Disney+ account holder in the family. I was able to book two rooms thru the Disney website (there are 5 of us - all adults now) with her name as the lead in only one room. Saved us $430. Now I just need to cancel my previous reservations which were booked with my email. Phew!
$430 is pretty good. We were able to save $315 on our 2 rooms at POP for our April trip with the discount that dropped in January.

Applied it to our 9/10/22-9/21/22 reservation at POP. I did have to give up our preferred pool view and went with a standard room. Between the room category change and the discount, we are getting almost a $800 refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter