WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, assuming GP+ is similar to MaxPass+, it would be worth every penny for those with a DAS to still get it, it makes a huge difference and helps a lot. Not for everyone, depending on needs, but for a lot of people who need a DAS, it is still very beneficial.
This may be important to highlight. DAS does NOT receive Genie+ service, DAS continues to be a return time based on the current standby. Genie+ would work well with DAS, similar to how FP+ paired with DAS. Maybe not every day or every park, but depending on how people like to tour it can be a useful add-on.

This may be important to highlight. DAS does NOT receive Genie+ service, DAS continues to be a return time based on the current standby. Genie+ would work well with DAS, similar to how FP+ paired with DAS. Maybe not every day or every park, but depending on how people like to tour it can be a useful add-on.
Exactly, we may add it on on some days and not others. Some parks it might not make sense either.

My niece was able to get through on the chat. She was able to book two rides per day at parks for which she had reservations - so not for a different one for later in the day even though she has a park hopper. For some reason they said times could be 10, 12 or 5 but, for example, she could book two for a return of 5-6 in the same day.

I just finished the process. I was on hold for about 4 &1/2 hours.
So here is what happened:
You put in your dates of your trip and then each date you want the pass for. (there are instructions on format and whatnot)
After a long wait and occasional messages saying that I may want to contact them at another time due to high volumes, I finally got a person.
"Hello! Thank you for contacting us! My name is X. Please allow me a moment to review your plans."
Next they state that in order to further assist that I need to fill out a form. I am only to fill out the form and not put the requested information in the chat.
I think it is for privacy but they give you a link to the form and when you hit submit it is gone. The form is for your name, address, phone and reservation number.
After the form was submitted she asked if I was ready for a video call and she would send me the link.
I was on my cell but it was easy and just your usual "allow video" type stuff when you do those calls.
Once we started video chatting, she asked who the pass was for. I let her know it was me.
She asked if I could explain why I was unable to wait in traditional lines.
I explained my issues. She thanked me and said she was able to set up the pass and would I like to make my 2 advanced reservations. We went through each day. The times seemed to be set around 10, 12, 5 but you could pick two for the same hour. She did say that you must go within an hour for these. I asked if I ended up not using them, will it be a problem and she said no.
She did clarify: these two DO NOT impact your day of DAS selections. You do not need to have these complete. I also asked if I could request a DAS for something I have an advanced selection for and she said yes. My example was I picked the safari for 5:15 but what if I see my niece can't make it all day, can I just request a day of and she said yes.
She also confirmed that we can still use the DAS for paid rides. She joked that while I was riding smugglers I should get a time for RotR since it may be 4 hours for the return time. She did mention with these special rides that we may have to go to the ride for a return time and not be able to do it on the app,
I cannot tell you how much better this was than doing it in person.
Sometimes you get the person who just renews the pass from last trip and sometimes you need to answer questions to explain issues. There was never a time with getting the pass that I did not cry when talking about some of my issues. It can be overwhelming to share with a stranger. I am so happy that it is set up for my upcoming trip and I don't have to worry about an emotional start to my first day.
All of the passes for the advanced selection are already in MDE.
I hope this information helps.

You put in your dates of your trip and then each date you want the pass for. (there are instructions on format and whatnot)
After a long wait and occasional messages saying that I may want to contact them at another time due to high volumes, I finally got a person.
"Hello! Thank you for contacting us! My name is X. Please allow me a moment to review your plans."
Next they state that in order to further assist that I need to fill out a form. I am only to fill out the form and not put the requested information in the chat.
I think it is for privacy but they give you a link to the form and when you hit submit it is gone. The form is for your name, address, phone and reservation number.
After the form was submitted she asked if I was ready for a video call and she would send me the link.
I was on my cell but it was easy and just your usual "allow video" type stuff when you do those calls.
Once we started video chatting, she asked who the pass was for. I let her know it was me.
I explained my issues. She thanked me and said she was able to set up the pass and would I like to make my 2 advanced reservations. We went through each day. The times seemed to be set around 10, 12, 5 but you could pick two for the same hour. She did say that you must go within an hour for these. I asked if I ended up not using them, will it be a problem and she said no.
She did clarify: these two DO NOT impact your day of DAS selections. You do not need to have these complete. I also asked if I could request a DAS for something I have an advanced selection for and she said yes. My example was I picked the safari for 5:15 but what if I see my niece can't make it all day, can I just request a day of and she said yes.
She also confirmed that we can still use the DAS for paid rides. She joked that while I was riding smugglers I should get a time for RotR since it may be 4 hours for the return time. She did mention with these special rides that we may have to go to the ride for a return time and not be able to do it on the app,
Sometimes you get the person who just renews the pass from last trip and sometimes you need to answer questions to explain issues. There was never a time with getting the pass that I did not cry when talking about some of my issues. It can be overwhelming to share with a stranger. I am so happy that it is set up for my upcoming trip and I don't have to worry about an emotional start to my first day.
Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad you had a positive experience

You mentioned that you had to input your reservation number. What if you're staying off property? Is the advanced planning DAS available to everyone or just onsite guests?

You mentioned that you had to input your reservation number. What if you're staying off property? Is the advanced planning DAS available to everyone or just onsite guests?
I ended up not knowing my reservation number so she looked it up but I think as long as you have your tickets and park reservations, it shouldn't matter where you are staying. It was important to have your friends and family connected in your MDE since you want them all included under the pass (well you and 5 others) I think the reservation may just be an easy way to find someone 🤷‍♀️

I ended up not knowing my reservation number so she looked it up but I think as long as you have your tickets and park reservations, it shouldn't matter where you are staying. It was important to have your friends and family connected in your MDE since you want them all included under the pass (well you and 5 others) I think the reservation may just be an easy way to find someone 🤷‍♀️
Great -- thanks so much!

It is available no matter where you are staying. Some people doing the virtual registration will even be local people visiting one or more parks for a day.

If You are staying onsite, your reservation number is a convenient way to find you and all the data linked to you (tickets, park reservations, etc.)

How do you access the DAS registration via the video/chat? Do I initiate contact by calling the Disability services phone number?

How do you access the DAS registration via the video/chat? Do I initiate contact by calling the Disability services phone number?

Our @lanejudy posted this earlier (in a different thread):

It appears the Video Chat is now available!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/register/

Ready to Chat with a Cast Member?
When you’re ready to chat with a Cast Member to register for DAS, you can engage in a live video chat using the “Request Live Video Chat” button below.
Make sure the device has a working camera and a microphone. You must review and accept the Terms & Conditions before requesting a live video chat.

Other Important Things to Note
  • Live chat is available from 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM Eastern Time.
  • The recording of this video chat is not permitted.
  • The Guest requesting DAS (or their parent/guardian) must be 18 years of age or older to register. The Guest requesting to use DAS must be present during the video call.
  • If you've not logged in to your Disney account, you'll be prompted to log in. If you don’t have a Disney account, you’ll need to create one before continuing.
  • Video chat is screen reader-friendly for Guests with visual disabilities and available with text chat for Guests with hearing disabilities.
  • At this time, live chat is offered in English only.

@Lsdolphin -- go to the link mamabunny reposted. I didn't include the Video Chat link in my post, but there is a very clear button that says "Request Live Video Chat" (only between 7am - 11pm Eastern Time - otherwise it is very pale and you can't click it)

Thank you so much! Very very helpful. Pleased that your experience was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter