Suitcase or duffel?

englishteacha

Have courage and be kind.
We are going to check one bag for the two of us for our upcoming trip. We have a suitcase (fabric, not hard sided) that is appropriate sized, and a rolling duffel. Which would you use and why? I'm leaning toward the duffel because it's lighter. However, stuff would be more easily smooshed than in a suitcase. Which do you prefer and why?

The weight of the bag itself isn't that big a deal - its all the stuff you put in it that makes a bag heavy. Go with which ever choice is easier to carry/roll when full. And pack one of those collapsable bags for all the stuff you buy while down there.

I say duffel. We checked a large rolling duffel on our last trip and put our coats (it was Dec), diapers and wipes for the baby, my extra shoes:rolleyes1, and other "necessary" stuff I can't remember. Anyway, it was nice to have b/c it was easy to haul, and even though it was soft, it didn't get smushed in the plane. I would recommend using it for your extras or overflow items just in case, plus if it's big and you don't stuff it full, you have room for all the stuff you'll buy while in the world!:thumbsup2

Duffel vote here. Just two of us and at times we pack our one duffel. However, make sure you weigh it before heading off to the airport. We usually get one bag *each* free if it's 50 lbs or less. So our one bag regardless of it being one bag for two, must be 50 lbs or less. As for the Duffel vote, I just find it easier to stuff --- uhhhhh pack sorry :rotfl2: --- than a traditional suitcase (softcover or otherwise).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter