Suggestions for overnight on way from Pa?

amberlynn

Earning My Ears
We're driving down in June, and are wondering if anyone has a favorite place to spend the night on the way down from Pa?? Just looking to get a few hours sleep! We want to get to the Fort!:cool1: We're staying at Ocean Lakes on the way back, so the return trip isnt a problem...Thanks! Aly

Aly,

Can you tell us what route you will be driving, what time of day you are leaving, and where that might put you at the end of the first driving day? That might help folks recommend specific places near where you might be.

Thanks,

Bama ED

:thumbsup2

We're leaving in the morning...Probably going to take 81 down to 77 to 26 to 95.....Hoping to make it to the North/South Carolina border at least! Thanks for the posting suggestion!:goodvibes

Hi. We are from the Pittsburgh area. We stayed at the KOA right after you cross into SC off I 77. It was immediately off of the exit. It has a gas station with diesel right up front. It was really nice to fill up on our way out the next morning. Nice pool. We ordered a pizza from the convience store/office that night and it was good. Very nice overnight stop.

We like to stop at the South of the Border Campground. We don't particularly do the tourist thing, but it's a great overnight stay.

Ron

KOA at Statesville NC is handy and it's nice for an overnight.

It's the next exit south of JR's.

I'd also endorse the SOB campground. It's reasonable, convenient, long pull thrus, and you don't have to go into the tacky gift shops!

we come down from Ontario roughly the same route... We have stayed at that KOA at the border of NC/SC, very nice.... But lately we just pull into a Walmart/Cracker Barrel/etc especially if we only want a couple hours of sleep. We drive til tired, go to sleep, get up early and go....

Green Acres in Waltersboro NC 5 hrs or so to FW. We stayed there last year on way down, pull thru site didn't have to unhitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter