Suggestions for best customs/travel programs

buk110

Registered
First, hopefully the title of the thread makes sense. Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on what programs (if any) will make my upcoming ABDs a bit easier. I know in America we have the TSA PreCheck and I know there's a thing called "Global Entry". That said, will any of these help make my travel a bit less hectic?

My future itinerary is as follows:
USA -> EDI (Edinburgh)
INV (Inverness) -> CDG (France) [With a layover in London Heathrow]
CDG -> BCN (Barcelona)
SVQ (Seville) -> USA [With at least one layover]

Going through that many airports and dealing with customs and everything else is the 3rd circle of Hades for me. So anything I can do to make this slightly less horrible would be great. Yes, this is the ultimate first world problem. Please help me with my world travel as I complain about having to be in airports and wait in queues. I see how silly this sounds, but I'm going to post this question anyway

TSA pre check only helps with domestic travel.

Global entry will help you when you are returning to the US. I don't think there is anything that helps US citizens when traveling across other countries.

Global entry is definitely worth getting and also includes TSA pre check so will help you with domestic trips too.

TSA pre check only helps with domestic travel.

Global entry will help you when you are returning to the US. I don't think there is anything that helps US citizens when traveling across other countries.

Global entry is definitely worth getting and also includes TSA pre check so will help you with domestic trips too.
I agree with @lpm23, but wanted to add that there *are* a few foreign airports (including some US territories) that have Global Entry kiosks, but none of the airports you list have that. [Currently Abu Dhabi (AUH), Aruba (AUA), Bermuda (BDA), Calgary (YYC), Dublin (DUB), Edmonton (YEG), Grand Bahamas (FPO), Guam (GUM), Halifax (YHZ), Montreal (YUL), Nassau (NAS), Ottawa (YOW), Saipan (SPN), San Juan (SJU), Shannon (SNN), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR) & Winnipeg (YWG)].

The current list of airports is here:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/locations

Also, this is on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:

U.S. Citizens enrolled in Global Entry may use the Smartgate system when entering Australia without registration. U.S. Citizens may apply for the Dutch FLUX program, the Korean SES program, Panama's Global Pass or the Mexican Viajero Confiable program for expedited entry into those countries. Additional fees and enrollment interviews will apply.

Global Entry takes more effort to get, and lasts for 5 years like pre-check. Re-enrolling is supposed to be easier (you may not need to repeat the interview). I've found it extremely worthwhile when returning from an International flight!

Sayhello

I agree with @lpm23, but wanted to add that there *are* a few foreign airports (including some US territories) that have Global Entry kiosks, but none of the airports you list have that. [Currently Abu Dhabi (AUH), Aruba (AUA), Bermuda (BDA), Calgary (YYC), Dublin (DUB), Edmonton (YEG), Grand Bahamas (FPO), Guam (GUM), Halifax (YHZ), Montreal (YUL), Nassau (NAS), Ottawa (YOW), Saipan (SPN), San Juan (SJU), Shannon (SNN), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR) & Winnipeg (YWG)].
Tagging on to this great info - in Tokyo at Haneda airport, while Global Entry/TSA pre-check did not help with getting through Japanese airport security, I think it may have helped when it was time to board the plane for the flight back to the US. The gate staff announced there would be random additional screenings as requested by US TSA; we were not selected for this and someone checking boarding passes also commented our TSA pre-check indicator on the boarding pass would help with that process.

First, hopefully the title of the thread makes sense. Basically, I'm looking for suggestions on what programs (if any) will make my upcoming ABDs a bit easier. I know in America we have the TSA PreCheck and I know there's a thing called "Global Entry". That said, will any of these help make my travel a bit less hectic?

My future itinerary is as follows:
USA -> EDI (Edinburgh)
INV (Inverness) -> CDG (France) [With a layover in London Heathrow]
CDG -> BCN (Barcelona)
SVQ (Seville) -> USA [With at least one layover]

Going through that many airports and dealing with customs and everything else is the 3rd circle of Hades for me. So anything I can do to make this slightly less horrible would be great. Yes, this is the ultimate first world problem. Please help me with my world travel as I complain about having to be in airports and wait in queues. I see how silly this sounds, but I'm going to post this question anyway

( A ) On Arrival in Edinburgh you will be directed to a NON U.K. line for Passport Check.

Then collect Luggage & with a bit of luck , out the exit to ?

( B ) At Inverness check in for Heathrow BUT CHECK YOUR LUGGAGE through to CDG

At Heathrow FIRST CHECK Which TERMINAL is the Flight to CDG & HOW do I get there ?

Do not DELAY at this time go as fast as you can to Departure gate.

( C ) On arrival in CDG you again will be directed to the NON European line for Passport Check

And Then onto luggage collection . REMEMBER you will have to use a luggage trolly ( Cart )

As I do not think that there are such a thing as " Bell Hops " in Europe

( D ) At CDG you check in as normal , Watch your time & go straight to departure gate

At Barcelona again you will have to go to the NON European Line for passport check

And then onto Luggage claim and again with luck out to fresh air

( E ) Seville to USA Check your luggage through to your home Airport ( ASK )

This time YOU CAN BUY DUTY FREE GOODS as you are going Out of the E.U. area

NOTE AS OF TODAY 19 th July TO Land in Europe USA people MUST SHOW PROOF of

Having been VACCINATED

Hope this helps

REMEMBER your EUROPEAN travel Addapter for BOTH UK === a 3 pin

And Mainland Europe a 2 pin Round

A CHIP & PIN BANK card is a must or cash

The current list of airports is here:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/locations

Also, this is on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website:

Global Entry takes more effort to get, and lasts for 5 years like pre-check. Re-enrolling is supposed to be easier (you may not need to repeat the interview). I've found it extremely worthwhile when returning from an International flight!

Sayhello

Just to be clear, it only helps when leaving from those airports because those airports have CBP at them and you clear US customs/immigration (technically, it is a pre-clearance) and essentially arrive in the US as if you are on a domestic flight. It doesn't help with arriving or anything to do with that country's customs and immigration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter