Subsitute for "T" in a BLT sandwich?

bettymae1121

DIS Veteran
I. Hate. Raw. Tomatoes.

But I love bacon. And toast. And lettuce. And Mayo.

In the past I'd just have a BL-hold-the-T sandwich, but while tasty, it did seem to be lacking...something.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can put on a BLT sandwich in place of tomato? I was thinking maybe cucumber? But I'm open to other suggestions. I'm making them for dinner tonight.

I. Hate. Raw. Tomatoes.

In the past I'd just have a BL-hold-the-T sandwich, but while tasty, it did seem to be lacking...something.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can put on a BLT sandwich in place of tomato? I was thinking maybe cucumber? But I'm open to other suggestions. I'm making them for dinner tonight.

Interesting...:scratchin What about roasted orange peppers or other "roasted veggies" like yellow squash or zucchini?

Banana peppers? Those might be good.

I have used avocados and they are good.

Here is one site that has suggestions.

http://www.thekitchn.com/10-alternatives-to-the-sliced-tomato-in-your-winter-sandwich-167587

I. Hate. Raw. Tomatoes.

I am with you there on the tomatoes - Uck!!!!

But if I do to much in the way of lettuce, it make my stomach have issues, so a long time ago, I just learned to embrace the toast, mayo and bacon sandwich. LOTS of bacon, tho.

But we do change up the bacon. Some times it's the maple cured bacon. Other times it's the peppered bacon. Some times it Hormels Applewood bacon.

Out of my 3 kids only one likes tomatoes so the other two always used cucumbers on their "BLT." I never tried one with cucumbers but they seem to enjoy it. They really love cucumbers though and will peel one and eat it like a banana.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I do love avocado but if I have too much fat all at once my tummy doesn't like me and the bacon/mayo meets my daily requirement of fat!

I think I'll try the cucumber since I have it on hand, but I'll try some of the other ideas in the future. Thanks again! :wave:

I actually don't like bacon (I know that's weird), but what about a grainy mustard? You could still leave the mayo on as well. I think that would pair nicely.

I hate tomatoes too.

When ever I order at Jimmy Johns or Bruggers I get a BBLC.

Bacon Bacon Lettuce Cheese !

Cucumbers would give it a nice crunch too, but for me they would have to sliced very very thin

Best thing I've ever eaten in my life was a fried green tomato BLT.

These are sooooo good! We have a little place in town that has fried green tomatoes with applewood bacon (thick slices) on toasted sourdough bread. Best sandwich ever.

Best thing I've ever eaten in my life was a fried green tomato BLT.

A place here (well, Townsend) does them also! Yum! If you ever visit the Smokies and come to the Townsend side, stop at the Firefly Cafe and try one!

I have to leave the T off the BLT too. It's not that I particularly hate raw tomatoes (I don't particularly like them either), it is just am allergic to them or something. If I eat even just a little bit, it will break my mouth out in blisters.

Tomatoes that are cooked, or tomato products... no problem at all.

Another raw tomato hater here.

One of the best variations on a BLT I have had was on a croissant with mayo, turkey, avocado, cucumber and bacon. Of course it was suppose to have tomato, but I had them hold it.

Have you ever tried using the avocado as a substitute for mayo? I don't miss the mayo at all, and the avocado is a better, healthier fat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!