Stupid Virgin customer service

Cochise

<font color=teal>Went last October and this Octobe
About 4 weeks ago i went round to my Sisters to help her with her Virgin APIS, we happily worked through everyone and submitted. It then came up that her youngest Robert (11yrs old) was not in the category that matched the details sent from Virgin Holidays-All his details matched from Virgin Holidays my booking and there seems to be an error in the transmission of data. We have rang a total of 7 times to sort this out and are being passed all round and not getting promised call backs. I have searched on here for the 01293 496917 number for the UK, is this still valid? we are at 7wks now and getting a little jumpy on this as we cant subit the APIS. Anyone come across this before?

Yes, I had this problem. Seemed to be because my daughter was 11yrs when I booked my holiday with virgin, but was 12 yrs when I tried to do her API. Eventually got someone at virgin to change her age on their information, and I was then able to do her API.(hope that makes sense).
The number I have for the uk is 01293 496901. I think it is only open till 7pm.
Hope this helps

When I used to work in travel we always asked what ages the children would be at the date of travel.

Alot of this was to avoid people booking a child place when the children fell into that category but they would be an adult price by the time they travelled.

My Sis phoned Virgin and theyh are to submit the info themselves correctly, they are issuing a confirmation letter to her, confirmed the call was recorded and she has the name/department etc.

Took 8 calls and was worked out the only time she spoke to the UK....hmmm what does that tell us?? ;)

and her youngest Rob is 11, 10 when they booked and 12 2 weeks before they travel

When I booked with Virgin Holidays In June they asked me my daughters age at time of travel (she is 9 now but will be 10 at time of travel).
Can I please ask what is APIS?

APIS is Advanced passenger information.

Deb, Who knows, theey are travelling a week after us and I am not sure she will have the guts to do the online check in without me. I am very wary about this but they have assured her it is all ok.

Hope it turns out okay mate - their customer service levels have been in decline for a while now.
Seem to recall on our last holiday it took 4 attempts to post us a correct invoice - I mean how hard can that be? :confused:

It should Johnny, that unknown hurts when you are the holiday planner, everything else is sorted.

I have the same issue with DD - because we wanted to book her a seat on the plane they had to age her up to get the child pricing. Now I can't do her APIS online as it has the date of birth error and when I called VS flying club they can not amend her DOB and that means I can not do my APIS and we will not be able to check in online :eek:

So our new plan is I am finishing work and will driving to Gatwick and DH will be meeting me there so we can check in as early as possible on twlight.

I have been assured that there will be no problems at the airport. Will wait and see but i am assuming that I am not the only one who has booked their infant as a child through VH so it must have come up before!

APIS is Advanced passenger information.

Deb, Who knows, theey are travelling a week after us and I am not sure she will have the guts to do the online check in without me. I am very wary about this but they have assured her it is all ok.

Thankyou :thumbsup2

looks like well have the same problem then as they have put Izzy down as 2 as we bought her a seat.

We had exactly the same problem when we went in April. I put everyones details in and when I pressed accept it wouldn't accept my niece's age. She was 12 but 11 at the time of booking and I they knew that because all the invoices gave her date of birth. Like you I phoned as did my sister - in- law and we got told by Virgin Holidays it was Virgin Atlantics fault and visa versa and they each said they couldn't amend what the other had done. One word, useless, it obviously had something to do with the fact that with Virgin Holidays you are counted as a child until 17 and yet with Virgin Atlantic you are an adult from 12.
Anyway, to cut a long story short did not do the APIS and turned up at the airport with all the relevant details (ie questions asked for the APIS) on a separate piece of paper just in case. Didn't need to have bothererd, the check in guy just did all the info himself based on the info in front of him. What a worry for nothing! So all I would say is thoroughly enjoy your holiday and everything will be fine.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter