Stupid stunt

Not excusing the behavior, but if they saw the guy exit the water safely, why call out S.W.A.T? I understand alerting security to be on the look out for some bad guys with this description, but helicopters? Isn't that overkill x100?

I suppose they need to find him & question him to be sure he's not a terrorist.
I know he's just some moron, but they have to follow up. Of course there may be some charges brought against him as well.

Uh, it actually is, though. Driving, flying, those are things that you do because they are methods of transportation. Risking your life by swimming in open water in the South in summer? No reason to do that.

Risking your life by swimming in the ocean? No reason to do that.

Risking your life by playing a sport? No reason to do that.

Risking your life by mountain climbing? No reason to do that.

Risking your life by snow-skiing around trees? No reason to do that.

How many more could I come up with I wonder....

My motto is to live my life, and to stop worrying about the exceedingly small stuff.

I suppose they need to find him & question him to be sure he's not a terrorist.
I know he's just some moron, but they have to follow up. Of course there may be some charges brought against him as well.

Maybe- like he could have planted something on the boat?

Speaking as a true FL native I have swam in some freighting lakes and canals, nothing has killed me yet, yet :rotfl2:

I just don't understand why people do these things? Getting off rides to get phones, get out, grab keys or what have you is just plain dumb! Jumping off a boat into murky gross looking water... When did that ever seem like a bright idea?!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess alcohol was involved.

LOL

So many people in the world. So few of them with sense. Yes, good sense is very uncommon, alas, and it often seems as if much of the world has gone slightly bonkers, especially WRT that youtube thing and the social media thing. The 'Lookatme! Lookatme! Lookatme!' Syndrome. It's like living in a world populated by rampaging, selfie taking, napless two year olds. ITS ALL ABOUT ME! LOOK AT MY VIDEO OF IT BEING ALL ABOUT ME! I DID THIS! I DID THAT! I INCONVENIENCED THOUSANDS! I'M SO COOL!

Yeah.

FWIW, I live in Texas, and I would NEVAH swim in the lakes around here in the summer. Early spring, providing there was recent and decent rainfall, is the cut off for fresh bodies of water. The lakes are just giant petri dishes rife with bacteria, IMHO. I grew up surfing, body surfing, water skiing, white water rafting, blah blah blah, so I am not risk adverse; I just don't see the point in taking pointless risks.

I drive, but I don't tailgate or text while doing so. Cuts the risk. I fly, I don't fly American. Cuts the risk--at least of rude flight attendant behavior. As far as other travelers' behavior, well...I will just have to keep praying for a return to civility. .

If that happens, I'm sure it will be on youtube, don't you think?

As long as you wear nose plugs, you are safe from the Amoeba.

And then be sure to take a selfie of yourself in nose plugs. :laughing:

I like how you capitalized amoeba. The Amoeba. The Awful Amoeba That Ate The Brain. :scared1:

But I still think I'll pass on the whole petri dish lake thing. Thinking there is still too much of a YUK factor. 90 degree water just doesn't do it for me, anyway.

Contracting Naegleria is a small risk, but it is a risk nonetheless (and if you get it, you're dead in a week). And it was just found AGAIN in Louisiana tap water, so no one in that state use any neti pots without boiling and cooling the water first, please!

However, the idiot who pulled this stunt is at less risk than most, because the amoeba likes the warmer waters of the shallows. He jumped right into the middle of the lake where it's cooler.

Uh...he needs to get out of the lake somehow!

And then be sure to take a selfie of yourself in nose plugs. :laughing:

I like how you capitalized amoeba. The Amoeba. The Awful Amoeba That Ate The Brain. :scared1:

But I still think I'll pass on the whole petri dish lake thing. Thinking there is still too much of a YUK factor. 90 degree water just doesn't do it for me, anyway.

:rotfl: Coming soon to a theater near you, sure to be Ed Wood's greatest achievement and archived for perpetuity at the Sci-Fi Dine-in!

On our last day we had an idiot on Splash.

Don't know what it was but they shut it down for a few minutes and when it started up again we were stacked 4 or 5 boats deep. Really sucked when you could see a drop and you were stopped waiting for the boat ahead to drop.

Was that on Saturady 8/30 during Wishes ?? Happened to us too.

And then there are the water moccasins. That's enough to keep me from LOOKING at the water in Florida, much less from taking a dip! Maybe he was auditioning for "Naked and Afraid" or "Ridiculousness!"

leebee said:
And then there are the water moccasins. That's enough to keep me from LOOKING at the water in Florida, much less from taking a dip! Maybe he was auditioning for "Naked and Afraid" or "Ridiculousness!"

I would fear otters more than moccasins, they are mean critters lol, speaking after a run in with 2 of them while checking a pipe. Gators leave you be unless some idiot has been feeding them. Gotten closer than intended with a few of them growing up. Gar are another thing to fear think fresh water barracuda, and yes snapping turtles can be nasty as well.

If it makes you feel better that idiot and possibly friends will be banned for life and under Florida law can be ordered to pay for the emergency services and/or sued by the mouse.

They have to be caught first....but my guess is watch YouTube and Facebook and they'll be showing their film, lol. I'll bet Disney already has people rummaging through social media looking for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter