strollers in new extended queues

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
I've noticed in recent vlogs I've watched that with social distancing several rides have queues that extend far beyond the normal queues. We usually don't wait in a line longer than maybe 20-30 minutes, but without FP we'll obviously have to get used to longer waits for rides we'd usually FP. One of the vlogs I watched last week showed that the Frozen ride line was stretched all the way to the China Pavilion area. Can we keep the stroller for the kids to be able to rest in the shade until we get closer to the normal queue entrance, or are CMs asking people in these lines to go ahead and park strollers before getting in line?

If we can keep a stroller in the extended queue's, I'd love to know what rides have queues extended making this possible, and what the typical wait times might be after getting into the standard queue areas vs what the total wait time is. An hour long wait for Frozen would be rough with 3 little kids, but if we only had to corral kids and remind them not to touch everything for maybe 30 minutes of that wait, it would be a lot more manageable!

I've noticed in recent vlogs I've watched that with social distancing several rides have queues that extend far beyond the normal queues. We usually don't wait in a line longer than maybe 20-30 minutes, but without FP we'll obviously have to get used to longer waits for rides we'd usually FP. One of the vlogs I watched last week showed that the Frozen ride line was stretched all the way to the China Pavilion area. Can we keep the stroller for the kids to be able to rest in the shade until we get closer to the normal queue entrance, or are CMs asking people in these lines to go ahead and park strollers before getting in line?

If we can keep a stroller in the extended queue's, I'd love to know what rides have queues extended making this possible, and what the typical wait times might be after getting into the standard queue areas vs what the total wait time is. An hour long wait for Frozen would be rough with 3 little kids, but if we only had to corral kids and remind them not to touch everything for maybe 30 minutes of that wait, it would be a lot more manageable!
We noticed this on our trip this past weekend. MMRR has this as well as alien swirling saucers. I think others do as well but I can say for sure or not. We only did this for the saucers and it was very convenient. When we got up to the front “normal” entrance close to the stroller parking the cast member just paused the line and let us park the stroller in stroller parking and get back in line and then let us through. The line was about 40 minutes long with 20 of it being without the stroller

Yea we just got back and I saw that a lot too - there will be plenty of time for one in your party to step out and park the stroller before getting too close to the entrance of the ride.

That’s great to hear! MMRR will be a must do this trip, but the wait times are always long, so I’m glad to hear at least some of it is stroller accessible now!

Very interesting change! Thanks for posting as we all navigate the new way of things.

Yes, we just returned and saw many many strollers un the extended ques. We started just having our oldest take the younger one to a shady spot near the real start of the line because honestly I was feeling like a crappy parent having them wait out in the beating down hot sun for 20, 30, 40 mins. We're a crew who really enjoyed Disney trips because of how we toured and generally never waited more than 20ish mins for anything...and that was almost always indoors in the ac, so it's ded a rude awakening and feels more like a regular theme parl in that regard right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter