Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great! Very easy to push and turns on a pretty tight radius. We got it a few months ago and haven't used our double since.
Despite having a small gaggle of kids, I'm generally pretty unaware of newfangled baby/kid gear (and I've never read a single parenting book *gasp!*) So this thread is the first time I've ever heard of a Keenz. We have several friends who always take their red rider wagon places, and it never much appealed. But the Keenz looks pretty nice. I'd consider getting one (although Disney is the only place I can imagine we'd use it, so I won't bother if it's not allowed).

We've been to WDW 6(?) times in the last year and a half and maybe I'm just oblivious but I've not noticed a lot of wagons. I guess I've noticed large strollers, but I can't remember getting hit by any (at least not hard enough to cause any sort of discomfort). I CAN recall being run into by EVCs. If the wagons truly are that prevalent and are a nuisance, then I guess a ban is called for. It sounds like the Keenz isn't truly that big though. Maybe the canopy creates an illusion that it's bigger than it is?

Out of all these pages of argument, what I get from this is that families do what's best for them and their particular circumstances. That WILL include many people using strollers, EVCs, etc., no matter what anyone thinks about it. Therefore, the onus should be on Disney to provide sufficiently wide and maneuverable walkways, more stroller parking, MORE BENCHES (so people can rest, and maybe not feel the need to bring strollers so they know they can find a place for their kids to sit),...

I thought this was going to be a comment about not judging others (that I could get behind and this thread needs more of)...until you decided to get judgy about stroller wagons :sad2:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the double decker wagon I mention doesn't exist? I've never seen one, otherwise Universal Studios might be overrun by little Knight Bus replicas.

Therefore, the onus should be on Disney to provide sufficiently wide and maneuverable walkways, more stroller parking, MORE BENCHES (so people can rest, and maybe not feel the need to bring strollers so they know they can find a place for their kids to sit),...

Yes! More benches. Everytime ppl say, "Well just stop and sit and take a rest", I think..."Where?" One of the complaints on this board has been how Disney has removed so many of their benches and the lack of seating options for taking a break, outside of going to sit in a restaurant, taking seats away from those who actually need them for eating.

Despite having a small gaggle of kids, I'm generally pretty unaware of newfangled baby/kid gear (and I've never read a single parenting book *gasp!*) So this thread is the first time I've ever heard of a Keenz. We have several friends who always take their red rider wagon places, and it never much appealed. But the Keenz looks pretty nice. I'd consider getting one (although Disney is the only place I can imagine we'd use it, so I won't bother if it's not allowed).

We've been to WDW 6(?) times in the last year and a half and maybe I'm just oblivious but I've not noticed a lot of wagons. I guess I've noticed large strollers, but I can't remember getting hit by any (at least not hard enough to cause any sort of discomfort). I CAN recall being run into by EVCs. If the wagons truly are that prevalent and are a nuisance, then I guess a ban is called for. It sounds like the Keenz isn't truly that big though. Maybe the canopy creates an illusion that it's bigger than it is?

Out of all these pages of argument, what I get from this is that families do what's best for them and their particular circumstances. That WILL include many people using strollers, EVCs, etc., no matter what anyone thinks about it. Therefore, the onus should be on Disney to provide sufficiently wide and maneuverable walkways, more stroller parking, MORE BENCHES (so people can rest, and maybe not feel the need to bring strollers so they know they can find a place for their kids to sit),...

I think you made some valid comments here, and what if honestly the real issue isn't "more people are bringing larger strollers or wagons", but what if its really the parks are just simply that much more crowded and therefore there are more strollers? I'm not sure if that's been brought up here or not, but IMO that points back to your last paragraph. The onus should be on disney to create larger walking spaces to accommodate the now more crowded parks.

Yes! More benches. Everytime ppl say, "Well just stop and sit and take a rest", I think..."Where?" One of the complaints on this board has been how Disney has removed so many of their benches and the lack of seating options for taking a break, outside of going to sit in a restaurant, taking seats away from those who actually need them for eating.

Well you know you can always grab a table at Woody's lunch box...oh wait, good luck with that.

acd8b5db-2965-40ac-9e4a-bf02a18b3c24_3.b930d788d782497dc53478778caf5f66.jpeg

For the win!

I'll offer some parenting advice to anyone that has a child on the way, or plans to have a child. if you're an average height male, or a taller person, spend the extra 30-50 bucks and get a little more expensive umbrella stroller instead of the $15 one. It's the small things, but they usually have higher handles, which will be a life saver on your back, esp if you're going to be pushing it around all day long.

It is the size of a single stroller so who cares if only one child is in it? Like another poster said, I often see double strollers with only one kid in it and another walking. Heck we do this all the time so that my 3 year old can walk (and burn energy) while the 1 year old is in the double stroller. He can't walk the whole day so a double stroller (which he may or may not be sitting in at any given moment) it is.
So you take a double stroller for two kids, not one? So exactly what I said? Not sure what you are disagreeing with.

My point was the Keenz is bigger than most single strollers, so if people get one for only one kid that is net increase in stroller volume in the park.

I personally don't care, I've never had an issue with any strollers in the park. I think people also think the Keenz is bigger than it actually is because of how the sunshade is on it.

Edit: To be a little more direct, I have no issue with the Keenz. I've played with my neighbor's and would much rather push it around the parks than a double BOB.

Last edited:

I think you made some valid comments here, and what if honestly the real issue isn't "more people are bringing larger strollers or wagons", but what if its really the parks are just simply that much more crowded and therefore there are more strollers? I'm not sure if that's been brought up here or not, but IMO that points back to your last paragraph. The onus should be on disney to create larger walking spaces to accommodate the now more crowded parks.
I don't know if this is true or just a perception, but I think people are more willing to travel with young kids nowadays than they were 20-30 years ago. So there might be a higher percentage of stroller aged kids than there used to be.

We saw quite a few of the Keenz type wagon strollers at DLP a few years ago and thought they were a great idea (no kids, and I haven't been to Disney with a kid since my 25 year old cousin was one). There are a lot fewer strollers of any type around those parks, though. I just flipped through my pictures from that trip and didn't see a single stroller or ECV.

Benches, empty looking counter service areas, low wall areas, the ground away from the crowd. I have never had a moment at Disney where my kid/I were not able to sit down somewhere. Those benches are hard, so the argument cannot be made for comfort vs the other things I have mentioned. If you feel the ground is dirty, we almost always had something with us we could place down and sit on. Like a poncho. Also if we were sitting in a counter service are we were usually buying something and if we didn't and it got busy we moved on, or moved to another area like a low wall.

We always find a place to sit. It's absolutely never been a problem for us and we go during peak times.

Except, I’ve never actually seen an airline use those things...

I've seen them used when a flight is expected to be full. I've seen them then send oversized bags down to the hold. It's amazing what some people think is acceptable as a carryon bag these days.

It always amazes me how much physical space is taken up in the parks for stroller parking, often impeding traffic flow. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney eventually requires all strollers to be folded when parked.

They have specific stroller parking areas..........

It always amazes me how much physical space is taken up in the parks for stroller parking, often impeding traffic flow. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney eventually requires all strollers to be folded when parked.

I'd only be for that if they didn't move them. I have an orange stroller and was shocked how many people had orange strollers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter