Stroller Help- front/back stroller

Jillianv29

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever gone to Disney with a front to back stroller? We were thinking of buying a cheap side by side umbrella stroller just for the trip (seemed more economical then renting one for more money, at least this way we could sell it afterwards)However now that we are really thinking about storage, cup holders, etc our front to back seems like a much better option. The only con is the bulkyness of it.
ANyone have experience taking these on the buses? Didnt you get any mean glares from other riders? Any thoughts or tips are welcome. Also I could still check it with the airline for free right?

Thanks a million!!'

You can check whatever kind of stroller for free. I had the front/back DuoGlide double stroller and it was a nightmare in the local mall once the kids became toddlers. I cannot imagine taking it to Disney where portability, flexibility and ease has to be the priority. That was only about the stroller itself: the arguing and 'he/she is kicking me' would have quickly ruined our vacation mood. I'd buy, borrow or rent before taking the front/back to Disney. But that's just me. :eek:

We took the DuoGlide on our last trip. We stayed offsite, so didn't use the busses, but I can tell you trying to get it on the train was a huge hassle! The CMs wouldn't let us go through the wheelchair gate, so we had to take everything out of it, fold it up, and then pretty much throw it over the turnstiles. We didn't have any problems getting on the monorail with it, but we went during low crowd levels.

We too are trying to figure out what our stroller situation will be. We will have a 4 year old and 20 month old and currently use the Duoglide front/back stroller at home. We already have the she's kicking me/pulling hair issue as the infant sits in back (easier to get my big kid in and out of the front). Between this, the sheer weight of pushing them and lack of easy turning/fitting into spaces,we've been thinking about taking two umbrella strollers instead.

Any thoughts on if this would be a bigger pain in the neck than the double? Would it be too easy to get separated in the crowd?

We are here now with the front to back and it's not been that big of an issue. It gets to be a pain sometimes with the bigness of it ( but do ate those side by side joggers) and putting one in the back but we both said be are glad we went with this one. I live all the cup holders abs snack holder for us and the kids

We are bringing a 3 yo and 16 mo. We considered bringing our tandem jogging stroller but decided the risk of damage was too high. Had another jogging stroller damaged in the past. We have a duo glider too and I think pushing it around all day would kill us. We bought a second umbrella stroller that fully reclines so they can nap if needed. In our double stroller (Phil and Ted) only the main seat reclines fully and the double seat only partially. I didn't want to rent a double or incur the cost of renting. We are also traveling with my parents and figure they could take a kid if they wanted.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have a front/back stroller at home. It is a Graco and I love it for the mall, etc. But for Disney we rented a side by side from Orlando Stroller and it was wonderful. My four year old could climb in by herself whenever she wanted. There was plenty of storage room underneath and in the "pockets" behind the seats. Plus it had a drink holder for the my husband and I. For Disney I would definitely go with the side to side stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter