Stroller extension?

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
We're planning a trip in November 2021, our first since November 2019. Our kids will be 4 and 7 on this trip. We brought our double stroller last time but this year I'm thinking we can go down to a single. Our 7 year old is a little worried her little brother will never let her have a turn to take a break in the stroller so it got me thinking about one of those stroller kickboards. Does anyone have experience taking one to the parks? My husband is worried he'll be tripped up constantly (which is a worry for me too). Is there something else you would recommend for kiddos who are nearly done with park strollers but siblings still need one?

Thanks!

I'm surprised you both suggesting bringing the double stroller! Non-Disney folks were always aghast at the thought of traveling and theme park touring with a double stroller. We never had a problem with it.

We love our kickboard. It even has a seat attachment (Englacha Jr X-Rider). We use it with our single Bob Revolution. We never used a double at the parks, just 2 singles, but it was so nice to go down to 1 and it is so maneuverable. That being said, my husband tends to push it from the side when the attachment is on. I don't have any problems (I am 5'6", and he is closer to 6 ft tall).

We love our kickboard. It even has a seat attachment (Englacha Jr X-Rider). We use it with our single Bob Revolution. We never used a double at the parks, just 2 singles, but it was so nice to go down to 1 and it is so maneuverable. That being said, my husband tends to push it from the side when the attachment is on. I don't have any problems (I am 5'6", and he is closer to 6 ft tall).
Thank you for that feedback! I've wondered how one pushes the stroller while the foot area is full of kid -haha.

Three thoughts:
- My niece has one of those "kickboards" for a standing child, and she likes it.
- If your older child is already concerned about not getting enough riding time, it's probably not time to give up the double stroller yet. Sounds like she knows what she wants /needs, and your trip will be more pleasant if you make sure she's comfortable.
- Test it: get one of the kickboards and take it out somewhere where you'll be walking a great deal. See how your older child likes it -- she probably can't imagine what this new thing would be like. This would be much smarter than launching a new thing like this on a week-long vacation.

Three thoughts:
- My niece has one of those "kickboards" for a standing child, and she likes it.
- If your older child is already concerned about not getting enough riding time, it's probably not time to give up the double stroller yet. Sounds like she knows what she wants /needs, and your trip will be more pleasant if you make sure she's comfortable.
- Test it: get one of the kickboards and take it out somewhere where you'll be walking a great deal. See how your older child likes it -- she probably can't imagine what this new thing would be like. This would be much smarter than launching a new thing like this on a week-long vacation.
Great ideas! Thank you. Maybe I could find a used kickboard somewhere to type.

We have 3 kids (3, 5 & 7,) so we have done the kickboard with our double during long park days on our Disney trips. We're debating just doing a single with the kick board next year since we often find ourselves pushing an empty stroller around. It's not too hard to push with the kick board on, but it takes some getting used to. You can't jump curbs, and no one can be on the board getting on or off transportation (boats, skyliner, monorail,) because the wheels will get stuck. We have the baby jogger brand attachment and it flips up out of the way when we aren't using it. It's definitely not the same as sitting in the stroller, but our older 2 have figured out how to sit criss cross on the board when they are extra tired and don't get a seat. We like the smaller footprint of a single stroller with the kickboard & it's been working out well for us this summer at a local amusement park.

We did a trip recently with a rider board. Our 6 yr old swore he was too big for a stroller anymore so we sold our double earlier this year. I knew he would need something so it was this or two strollers. We did bring a second stroller but did not end up using it.

I got a board with larger wheels and a higher weight limit. Some of the boards have limits that won’t accommodate a 5+ yr old, IMO.

YDS was nearly 4 and they swapped spots back and forth. They did fight over this plus one would stand on the board and touch the other through the sunshade. They act like this at home though, so I’m not sure if a double would have fixed that situation.

We used our BOB and I prefer pushing it and managing it in crowds over the double (we had a side by side). Sometimes I walked beside it. I hooked the board up when not in use.

a few challenges - it’s harder to back up, you may need to take it off to fold the stroller, and you may lose some storage. Ours is set up so a kid stands in the handlebar gap, but this is normally where we hang our stroller organizer with several drinks. But overall this worked out well for us.

Our older kid was too heavy and getting taller by the day... we ended up renting a Disney stroller. It was awesome for an older kid... and it did not tip.
(I also knew If I bought something it would not get used again at home)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter