Stroller advice.

DisneyMomOfGirls

Earning My Ears
hello, we are frequent Disney goers but this will be our first time with 2 kids! We will have 3 adults and a 3 year old and 1 and a half year old. I keep going back and forth on using two single strollers or our double stroller. What are some pros and cons?

Without a doubt, I would use a double stroller. We have 3 kids, including a set of twins. We tried using two single strollers for the twins, but found it was just a royal pain. It meant both of us had to push a stroller, park it, etc... Yes, the downside to a double stroller is that it's larger, heavier (especially when the kids are in it) and more cumbersome. However, the trade off is well worth it, IMO. Only one stroller to park, easier to keep your party together, the kids get to ride together, a double stroller can often carry more (diapers, etc...). Just my $.02, but double stroller all the way.

Edit: I suppose one advantage to single strollers is that your party can split up if needed, but we rarely if ever did it.

I'd go double stroller also, just makes everything a little more simple. With three adults, one for each child and one for the stroller when getting on and off transportation, etc. I prefer the type where one child sits behind the other instead of the side by side, easier to get around and not so wide that you're banging into everything but that's personal preference.

I'd go double stroller also, just makes everything a little more simple. With three adults, one for each child and one for the stroller when getting on and off transportation, etc. I prefer the type where one child sits behind the other instead of the side by side, easier to get around and not so wide that you're banging into everything but that's personal preference.
Our stroller is front and back.... I like that too you can actually fit places!

Give the front/back a try and see what you think. We tried it once and were done. The front/back strollers are incredibly long and we just found it a lot more challenging to work with than a side by side. Sure, it can fit in more narrow spaces, but anytime you had to turn...which is often...it was worse than side by side. We also went with a double umbrella stroller. It's still light, pretty nimble and can carry some things.

The one downside to an umbrella stroller is they have small plastic wheels. Those are harder to push than something with large jogging stroller wheels. Also, the small wheels get stuck in the trolley tracks on Main Street in MK.

Last edited:
If you plan on using the buses, make sure you can empty the stroller and fold it up as soon as you see the bus coming. No one will wait for you to stand at the entrance to the bus and then fold it up. Don't load it up too much with stuff because you'll have to empty it to fold it up.

The City Mini double strollers (side by side) that you can rent are amazing. We used one for 1 year old and 5 year old. They fit pretty much everywhere and pushed likea dream. We were with family members once that had a front/back double and it was like driving a small awkward train. I hated it.

We usually do Disney with another family, so we have 4 adults and 5 kids. We rent the City Mini GT doubles. We always go in Sept or May, so with the lower crowd levels, we have never had an issue with the wider strollers. The younger kids like being able to ride next to someone to talk and play with.

The City Mini series (especially the GT Double) are extremely versatile and not too much difference than a single!

City mini Gt Single:

44.88" x 24.21" x 38.19-43.5”

City mini GT Double:

44" x 29.75" x 30-43.5"

How that is possible i don't know, but there is not a huge difference in overall unfolded dimensions between a double and the single.... double all day long!!

Without a doubt, I would use a double stroller. We have 3 kids, including a set of twins. We tried using two single strollers for the twins, but found it was just a royal pain. It meant both of us had to push a stroller, park it, etc... Yes, the downside to a double stroller is that it's larger, heavier (especially when the kids are in it) and more cumbersome. However, the trade off is well worth it, IMO. Only one stroller to park, easier to keep your party together, the kids get to ride together, a double stroller can often carry more (diapers, etc...). Just my $.02, but double stroller all the way.

Edit: I suppose one advantage to single strollers is that your party can split up if needed, but we rarely if ever did it.

I agree. Double is the way to go. I guess if you plan on splitting up a lot for extended periods of time, then I could see the use of 2 singles, but even then for us it'd be a stretch. No need for 2 ppl. to have to deal with strollers all the time. Another nice advantage is if 2 adults go on a ride that the younger 2 can't go on, you can still take both kids for a stroll or on something else etc. without having to worry about a 2nd stroller.

My kids are teens now, but on our first trip they were 3 and 1. We used two umbrella strollers, but we had my parents with us, so two extra adults. We found that this worked best for us because we did a fair amount of splitting up, since DD could ride a few things that DS could not.

The City Mini double strollers (side by side) that you can rent are amazing. We used one for 1 year old and 5 year old. They fit pretty much everywhere and pushed likea dream. We were with family members once that had a front/back double and it was like driving a small awkward train. I hated it.
We rented a city mini double and loved it. It folds up so nicely compared to many of the other double strollers I saw.

I just got back from Disney World with my 3 year old and one year old. I had my double stroller and so glad I did. I would double rather than two singles(less to keep track of and lug around) I love my double (the city select) but it is bulky when folded and not the easiest to fold up when being used as a double since you have to remove the second seat. But I like that it's front and back and not side to side making it easier to get through stores, doors and crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter