Stripped Reedy Creek/Disney Board, good for DVC?

The RCID should have been abolished entirely. Keeping it around like this leads to corruption and issues like this that will be expensive to resolve in the courts.

Just a reminder that we will not allow posts that have a political slant or get into reasons why this situation has happened.

Posts must be related to its impact on DVC only..all others will be deleted and risk warnings.

IMO, until everything is ironed out, it’s impact on DVC will be unknown.

The area that we may see impacted is how fast future DVC projects could be up and running and wonder if it could delay the completion of the Poly tower.

I agree that this may speed up projects like Poly tower and future resorts/projects as there will be less red tape.

I agree that this may speed up projects like Poly tower and future resorts/projects as there will be less red tape.

I think it could slow them down not speed up because more are involved.

Last edited:
I think it could slow them down but speed up because more are involved.
But as it stands now with the changes Disney / RC pushed through there is less involved. Or, really, the same level of involvement as there previously was.

Overall I don't see an argument for any real impact to Dvc one way or another.

The only impact I can reasonably foresee is a higher taxation burden in the future. But even that is probably unlikely, at least not a large amount anyway.

The purpose of the contracts was to keep the new board out of the development stage of new projects. The new board still needs to do oversite of "health and safety" issues of the new construction. Overall, It should not effect DVC at all.

Last edited:
I will be surprised if the "voters" in the District voted in favor of a tax increase to pay for a legal battle between the District and TWDC, seeing as how the voters are all Disney employees. I don't think any of it will amount to anything.

I will be surprised if the "voters" in the District voted in favor of a tax increase to pay for a legal battle between the District and TWDC, seeing as how the voters are all Disney employees. I don't think any of it will amount to anything.

And yet, the new board has hired lawyers who bill $795 an hour and vowed to take it to the "supreme court". If I was one of the board's lawyers, I'd start shopping for my new Ferrari...

I don't see much danger for DVC since a board member reportedly stated when interviewed that the new board has control over only road and infrastructure maintenance.

As I understand it, Disney stuck in a provision that amounts to being able to build whatever they deem desirable to the height permitted for aviation.

"More tower to ya," so to speak. hee hee hee

And yet, the new board has hired lawyers who bill $795 an hour and vowed to take it to the "supreme court". If I was one of the board's lawyers, I'd start shopping for my new Ferrari...

I'm wondering, since the primary propery owner is primarily Disney, is it even legal for the District to sue? I mean, is it legal to force you to pay taxes to basically sue yourself? And the same could be said of DVC as we do pay taxes via our dues.

I'm wondering, since the primary propery owner is primarily Disney, is it even legal for the District to sue? I mean, is it legal to force you to pay taxes to basically sue yourself? And the same could be said of DVC as we do pay taxes via our dues.
Do we pay taxes to Reedy Creek or whatever it's called now? I remember the tax bill being set by Osceola or Orange counties, is RC included on that or do they have a separate charge? I really don't want to pay for this legal action.

Considering the latest developments, and I’m not the smartest guy in the room, I don’t see it affecting DVC folks much.
On the DVC side, Members pay property taxes to the county. I don’t see where county property taxes will be affected.
On the FL State side, the costs will come from the general state fund. I guess it’s theoretically possible that could increase a sales tax, but I think the cost in relation to the state budget is minuscule, so I doubt that will happen.
On the Walt Disney Company side, it will be money from their coffers, so it’s possible some sort of future price hikes (tickets, food, etc..) will be targeted to cover that.

But I don’t see county property taxes paid by DVC Members increasing because of that.

Again, I could be way off base here.

Do we pay taxes to Reedy Creek or whatever it's called now? I remember the tax bill being set by Osceola or Orange counties, is RC included on that or do they have a separate charge? I really don't want to pay for this legal action.
I'm going to assume it is something like Texas. Where we receive a bill from the county appraisal district for our taxes...but that bill ALSO includes school tax, even though we do not pay the school district directly.

Below is the appraisal on a rental property, you can see there are 4 taxing agencies. But our only bill is paid to the Guadalupe County Tax Assessor/Collector, who then distributes it to the proper taxing entities.

Property Tax.jpg

Since there is only ONE tax bill paid to a central location, it may be that DVC also simply shows the County tax, but it also includes Reedy Creek district, any schiool tax, etc. So I am paying school tax, even though I don't write a check directly to them

Last edited:

The new "district" (which supersedes Reedy Creek) is a Florida State entity. So, while it's funded primarily by Disney, Disney doesn't get a say who is on it, nor what they do. Taxation without representation. Florida wasn't one of the original 13 colonies, so they don't have a history to fall back on why that's a bad idea...

I wonder if all the other special districts have their Board Members appointed by the Governor rather than elected by the residents. Anyone know what the new legislation says about that?

I'm pretty sure the district for The Villages is elected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter