• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Strictly Come Dancing Thread*

Mandy let us know if you manage to spot your friend on ant and dec !!

Well her photo came up twice when they were doing 'Win the ads' and I'm sure she was also sitting not far from the girl who had to read the autocue (I'll check later cos I taped it)

Mandy :)

I agree, though I must say I thought the judges were rather harsh for a first week

I thought the girls were great

The ladies were great I actually Agreed with the judges this week they were spot on. Len was a gentleman tonight. Actually they didnt like Gethan from BP much. Brian had the lowest score, but we will have to see what happens Sunday, hope a newspaper doesnt spoil it, as its recorded at 9pm.

Was it me or did anyone else thing Bruce was embarrassing :confused3

Can't wait to see the show tonight

I agree, I always think he is embarrassing, I just dont like his style of presenting anymore, years ago he was great at his game, dont know why but now I find him pushy and arrogant.:confused3

Bruce is in his 80's and last of the showmen, to hold down a 75 min live show at his age, he is doing very well, so many others will not do live TV.

Pity we do not have an more showmen following him up.

RATINGS

Too close to call current early figures 7.4 million SCD, 7.5 million X -Factor, which has been running for a month or so.

Bruce is in his 80's and last of the showmen, to hold down a 75 min live show at his age, he is doing very well, so many others will not do live TV........

True - and usually he's great to watch. I just felt that last night he just didn't sparkle at all. He did mention that he's had flu this week so perhaps that was why.

Wonder who's going out tonight

True - and usually he's great to watch. I just felt that last night he just didn't sparkle at all. He did mention that he's had flu this week so perhaps that was why.

Wonder who's going out tonight

Yes, he did say he had flu, the studio didnt laugh too much at his 'jokes' but it is hard to do it live.

The so called jokes are just awful - goodness knows who writes them! I didn't like that he mentioned TWICE that Rod Stewart was once his warm up act! Talk about blowing your own trumpet! Sorry just don't like the man, he's had his day.

Brian has gone, thats 'Murder on the dance floor' the only Dissapointment is Karen has gone as well, last years winner, hope they can use her elsewhere on the show.

Poor old Brucie! can`t say I like him through....
I was really sorry karen is out, though whatsisface was the worst dancer so it was fair. I`d like Wullie to do well - such a nice bloke.

The so called jokes are just awful - goodness knows who writes them! I didn't like that he mentioned TWICE that Rod Stewart was once his warm up act! Talk about blowing your own trumpet! Sorry just don't like the man, he's had his day.

Did you see Bruces Las Vegas programme before SCD it was very good, and as SCR results was recorded last night for tonight, it was far better, going live mistakes can occur.

Brian has gone, thats 'Murder on the dance floor' the only Dissapointment is Karen has gone as well, last years winner, hope they can use her elsewhere on the show.

I agree, I think Karen is great, so I hope we see more of her. I'm so pleased that Kenny stayed - just so we can see the banter between him and Gabby

I look forward to seeing Claudia tomorrow night and then the girls dancing next week - it should be good :thumbsup2

Did you see Bruces Las Vegas programme before SCD it was very good, and as SCR results was recorded last night for tonight, it was far better, going live mistakes can occur.

No, I didn't see it Andrew, I was at work, saw SCD on video when I got home and eating my tea! Live shows shouldn't be a problem for him I would have thought with his experience, why are they making such a fuss about Sunday's show being live when its so obviously recorded on Saturday night. Its been mentioned on the radio this morning that John Barnes was reporting on a sporting event abroad yesterday afternoon and Kenny Logan was also reporting on 'live' sporting event at the same time SCD was on last night! I respect the chap don't get me wrong, just don't like him! I admire his stamina for his age and he's been very good in the past but the time has come to move over and reading the other posts I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

No, I didn't see it Andrew, I was at work, saw SCD on video when I got home and eating my tea! Live shows shouldn't be a problem for him I would have thought with his experience, why are they making such a fuss about Sunday's show being live when its so obviously recorded on Saturday night. Its been mentioned on the radio this morning that John Barnes was reporting on a sporting event abroad yesterday afternoon and Kenny Logan was also reporting on 'live' sporting event at the same time SCD was on last night! I respect the chap don't get me wrong, just don't like him! I admire his stamina for his age and he's been very good in the past but the time has come to move over and reading the other posts I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

Yes.

Just to confirm Saturday is live, Sunday is recorded, on Saturday night mostly after 9pm, ie the result as phone lines close 9.00pm but, the professional dancers bit can be done earlier.

I'm looking foward to the new series and have got tickets to see the show taped the last weekend in November :woohoo:

Wow, you lucky thing Claire - we tried loads of times last year to get tickets but never could :sad2:

I love SCD but must admit I found it a bit difficult to get into it with the new format - I always liked it when everyone danced the first week. I'm not sure I like it when it's just men and women. I assume this is only for the first couple of weeks, though, until they get rid of a couple of celebs :confused3

Wow, you lucky thing Claire - we tried loads of times last year to get tickets but never could :sad2:

I love SCD but must admit I found it a bit difficult to get into it with the new format - I always liked it when everyone danced the first week. I'm not sure I like it when it's just men and women. I assume this is only for the first couple of weeks, though, until they get rid of a couple of celebs :confused3

I think its just 'time' the current live show is 75 mins long, if both men and women danced the first week it would be over 2 hours.

They did this last time, I think week three they are all together and that show will be long maybe 90 mins.

Yes I was lucky as loads of my friends applied as well and only one other person got some. This year you could only apply for 2 tickets and for one show then they randomly selected the winners for each show.

As I work at Television Centre as well I'm on the look out for them at all times. My friend saw Gethin yesterday and said he is even better looking in the flesh.

Good show last night, but KATE, I know she has been through a lot, so brave, but when the harshest comment doesnt come from the judges but comes from her partner, Anton. '' If you feel like wanting to join in on the choreography at any time, please feel free to do so'' hopefully the public will not vote for her, (out of sympathy) but, be cruel to be kind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter