Strategy at 60 days

We are a family of 5. I started as early as possible at the 60-day mark. I was only able to get one of our top choices. I did start at the back. Space 220 was not available. My kids keep asking about it because they keep seeing tiktoks on it. We're there over Easter. I keep telling them to just be glad we're able to go. I was surprised at the lack of available restaurants at Disney Springs our first night. Now when I look at what's available there's nothing in the parks so I guess it's going to be very crowded and we're lucky we got what we did. Planning on a lot of QS.

We are a family of 5. I started as early as possible at the 60-day mark. I was only able to get one of our top choices. I did start at the back. Space 220 was not available. My kids keep asking about it because they keep seeing tiktoks on it. We're there over Easter. I keep telling them to just be glad we're able to go. I was surprised at the lack of available restaurants at Disney Springs our first night. Now when I look at what's available there's nothing in the parks so I guess it's going to be very crowded and we're lucky we got what we did. Planning on a lot of QS.
We are there over Easter as well. I’m wondering if I was able to get what I wanted because we are going there 4/14 and I bet people are leaving before Easter and others are coming after Easter. So I was booking when the second batch of people weren’t able to yet. I was honestly like wow I can’t believe the parks aren’t that crowded. Guess I was wrong 😂

Quick question... when making reservations (say for 4 people). Do you have to add members (the other 3) to your party? Or can you do that later... and just make a reservation as the primary person... and try to get through them a little quicker?
You have to add them when you make the reservation. So get them linked to your MDE account before you make reservations. Otherwise the restaurant could book up and you won’t be able to add them. I recently forgot to include 2 people who were visiting for just 1 day and now I can’t add them. I keep checking back to see if availability opens up. I once forgot to include my infant in the number of people for CRT but they luckily let us take her in. Otherwise someone would have had to miss that dinner.

Quick question. I made reservations this morning for 2 people. It gave my name, but the other is "guest". Except that DH is teasing me about "Who are you taking?", is there any reason for me to try to change "guest" to his name? Can't I just show up with "guest" as long as we have 2 total people?

Quick question. I made reservations this morning for 2 people. It gave my name, but the other is "guest". Except that DH is teasing me about "Who are you taking?", is there any reason for me to try to change "guest" to his name? Can't I just show up with "guest" as long as we have 2 total people?
You can also go in and make it be him. But I don’t think it matters

60+1: Sanaa lunch
60+2: Homecomin brunch
60+3: CRT breakfast
60+4: H&V
60+5: BOG dinner
60+6: storybook dining
60+7: Topolino’s
60+8: space 220
60+9: sci-fi (I ended up cancelling this though)

I didn’t book anything our first day since we are flying in. I’ll probably just do a QS at our hotel

Thank you!!!

60+1: Sanaa lunch
60+2: Homecomin brunch
60+3: CRT breakfast
60+4: H&V
60+5: BOG dinner
60+6: storybook dining
60+7: Topolino’s
60+8: space 220
60+9: sci-fi (I ended up cancelling this though)

I didn’t book anything our first day since we are flying in. I’ll probably just do a QS at our hotel

So check-in day is 60+0? I’m asking because I want a Space 220 lounge ADR on our 11th day (60+10 if check-in is considered 60+0) and I was wondering if I needed to change my plans in case it was outside my booking window.

So check-in day is 60+0? I’m asking because I want a Space 220 lounge ADR on our 11th day (60+10 if check-in is considered 60+0) and I was wondering if I needed to change my plans in case it was outside my booking window.
Check in is day 60. So I guess 60+0. So your 11th day is 60+10 I feel like.

Quick question... when making reservations (say for 4 people). Do you have to add members (the other 3) to your party? Or can you do that later... and just make a reservation as the primary person... and try to get through them a little quicker?

You have to make sure the NUMBER of guests is correct. None of them need their actual profiles tied. I always just make them under me + whatever number of faceless, nameless guests.

You have to make sure the NUMBER of guests is correct. None of them need their actual profiles tied. I always just make them under me + whatever number of faceless, nameless guests.

Thanks! Yes, we have the correct number.

You need to include them in the number of guests, of course, but you do not have to list their names or link to them. You can Update Guests later on - but actually you don't have to add any names at all unless you want to link to their MDE so the ADR will show in their plans.

Do it later to save time. You don't even have to do it unless you want them to see the ADR in their myplans.

What is the exact time in the morning you can start making reservations 60+ out. Would think it is a simple thing that would be posted but it is not.

Another odd question: We have 6 adults and a 1yr old. I like the idea of planning for a party of 6 and just showing up with baby, or should I just put in 7 (seems like it's harder to get something for 7). Not sure which option I should try for. BTW we have a 60+7 booking window.

What is the earliest people have been able to make reservations at the 60 day mark? I know technically it is 6:00 but is it a good idea to start trying earlier, like 5:45? I’ve heard some people say they got in before 6:00.

ETA: After I posted this question, I see Ryman471 just asked the same thing! Sorry for the repeat question.

What is the earliest people have been able to make reservations at the 60 day mark? I know technically it is 6:00 but is it a good idea to start trying earlier, like 5:45? I’ve heard some people say they got in before 6:00.

ETA: After I posted this question, I see Ryman471 just asked the same thing! Sorry for the repeat question.

It opened at EXACTLY 6am (eastern) for me on both of my ADR days (split stay) for our upcoming trip. Back pre-covid I can remember it opening up a little earlier (and once even had my fastpass window open the night before it was supposed to!), but this time it was very precise. And then I got held up by technical issues.

It opened at EXACTLY 6am (eastern) for me on both of my ADR days (split stay) for our upcoming trip. Back pre-covid I can remember it opening up a little earlier (and once even had my fastpass window open the night before it was supposed to!), but this time it was very precise. And then I got held up by technical issues.
Thank you. I’ll probably be on a few minutes early “just in case. “ 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter