Strategies for Line-Waiting

Instead of using the smartphone version, we have the Disney Headbandz game (just like heads up) and have just brought the cards with us and kept them in the backpack. Doesn't kill the smartphone battery and is fun because all of the cards are Disney characters.

For us that would be a great way to lose all the cards as the days went by. :)

I have to disagree with the people suggesting Heads Up. Heads Up is only fun for people playing Heads Up, not the people in line around you that are stuck listening to you play it. So annoying.

On the other hand, people around us have ended up downloading it, because it seemed like fun. And that's how WE found out about it, because others around us were having fun playing it.

We don't limit ourselves to the Disney version though.

For us that would be a great way to lose all the cards as the days went by. :)

On the other hand, people around us have ended up downloading it, because it seemed like fun. And that's how WE found out about it, because others around us were having fun playing it.

Us too! We've teamed up with people around us in line, had people ask us about the game and downloaded it right then and there so they could play it too. My other passing time in line game is listening to people give their traveling parties horrible advice. While waiting in what was supposed to be a 20 Soarin' line in DCA (turned out to be about 40 minutes) I listened to this lady who was alleging to be a park expert tell her two younger companions (her nephew and his gf it seemed) about how they could get fastpasses for Guardians of the Galaxy and Radiator Springs... It was 2pm less than a month after Guardians opened the fastpasses for both rides were LONG gone!... Eventually I did have to tell them that there were no Guardians fps left and I told them how to see fastpass times on the app in addition to the regular lines.

My DS is older now, so we mostly make plans for the day or enjoy the queue stuff or occasionally go on our phones. But when he was little, some of our "go-to" things were:

20 questions
I Spy
examining the maps
small snacks

If you're taking a bag, maybe a small notebook so your DD can keep a trip journal? Six is a good age to either practice writing or dictate to you, and I love looking back on things DS said around that age!

My girls are on their phones and they boys are often wrestling on the ground. In all serious though we try to avoid waiting in lines over 20 minutes. When we do I will often pass my phone to a child to reduce any whining. Sometimes I carry hot wheel cars in my pocket to occupy a child. My dad would carry a word search/puzzle in his cargo pants and whip that out. The kids would doodle in the margins. We have played I spy many times and that works for a few minutes. Good luck.

Us too, we saw other people playing it and it looked like a lot of fun. I don't find it annoying at all to see people around us having fun! That's much better than hearing grumpy, tired people arguing or being snippy with each other lol

My DS is older now, so we mostly make plans for the day or enjoy the queue stuff or occasionally go on our phones. But when he was little, some of our "go-to" things were:

20 questions
I Spy
examining the maps
small snacks

If you're taking a bag, maybe a small notebook so your DD can keep a trip journal? Six is a good age to either practice writing or dictate to you, and I love looking back on things DS said around that age!
This is a great idea! DD is all about her notebooks right now- thanks!!

you can get the Disney Parks "deck" for free once you're on Disney property. .

Really? Do you just open the game and it appears as an option, or does it require going to the app store?

Same here! That's how we found it and have shared with others. We've only been annoyed when someone got a little enthusiastic and bumped into people nearby. Oh wait, that was my family :rolleyes1
And then we passed the time with a family discussion about consideration of people around you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!