• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stranger Things Season 4

I loved the Hopper in Russia storyline but I don't think they needed to have him and the group there impacting the Hawkins fight from Russia at the same time. It was weird and forced. They should have just had him escape and destroy the gate in Russia and go home

Yeah, I would have liked to see that reunion sooner. They have this tendency to keep everyone in these seperate pods for the entire season - I've never loved that but at this point it is kind of the show's signature move.

Loved Eddie...he's another GOT alumni
Obi Wan had another GOT alumni, Indira Varma. Who, go figure, had many scenes with Pedro Pascal in GOT.

And more casting trivia, Stranger Things 4 features the second time that David Harbour plays a character who escapes a Russian prison.

Obi Wan had another GOT alumni, Indira Varma. Who, go figure, had many scenes with Pedro Pascal in GOT.

And more casting trivia, Stranger Things 4 features the second time that David Harbour plays a character who escapes a Russian prison.
I KNEW I recognized her but could not for the life of me recall where...it all makes sense now lol

Okay, y’all can discuss plot points and character development but I’m going to talk about the important things. 1) Hopper was looking hawt in those last couple episodes. 😍 Eight months in a Russian prison has served him well. 2) I don’t know who is writing the subtitles but someone needs to take their thesaurus away. Fifty-two ways to describe synth music, eldritch thrumming, ichorous tentacles constricting, and squelching. So much squelching.

2C3BF349-CC55-49DE-886C-0B041927C4AB.jpeg

Okay, y’all can discuss plot points and character development but I’m going to talk about the important things. 1) Hopper was looking hawt in those last couple episodes. 😍 Eight months in a Russian prison has served him well. 2) I don’t know who is writing the subtitles but someone needs to take their thesaurus away. Fifty-two ways to describe synth music, eldritch thrumming, ichorous tentacles constricting, and squelching. So much squelching.

View attachment 681883
Haha! I actually saw this in one other scene, "Tentacles squelching". I googled and apparently there's plenty of wet squelching going on.

FUF2vKuXoAE-9BZ

1657036238899.jpeg

Haha! I actually saw this in one other scene, "Tentacles squelching". I googled and apparently there's plenty of wet squelching going on.

FUF2vKuXoAE-9BZ

View attachment 681886
I watch tv with subtitles due to hearing difficulties and it was actually distracting from the show. Everything was wet or squelching with a few moments of “pause it for a sec, I need to look up something in the dictionary.” :laughing: Biting wetly. Tentacles undulating moistly. Like, how does something undulate moistly? 🤢

Also, David Harbour is no longer "dad bod" or "Fat Rambo" - dude got cut! I guess that Russian prison life/hanging around the Marvel superheroes will do that! 😁

Totally missed fat Hopper. I hope he returns. I actually found him sexier.

Yes, that's what they said was the reason. But given the cliffhanger type situation in Hawkins in the final minutes, coming back in say 1989 is not my preference. It's not like in previous seasons where you could presume that people were doing normal people things and supernatural stuff wasn't going on.

I came close to yelling at the tv no, no, no.

I so wanted the next season to start with peaceful, normal.life (well as much as possible given the trauma & circumstances) - just living & go from there. I love the normal.life scenes in Stranger Things, they are often so hysterically wonderful.

The one thing that I find really weird about ST since season 1 is Will. I think they have been struggling to find a way to keep Will incorporated since season 1. Even in Season 2 with the Mind Flayer storyline, it seemed forced in ways. I think it would have been better to kill him off or to just make him a more substantial part of the team and less of a tortured soul, so to speak. Maybe it will all make sense in the final season as the Flayer is obviously the big bad, so maybe Will's storyline will be integral and wrap things up for his arch as well as the series. Will in seasons 3 & 4 is just Meh
I am hoping they just turn Will evil. I think it would be a wonderful thing for the actor. He is so talented. He could have a lot of fun as Vecna's minion.

Also, I still haven't forgiven those Duffer boys for killing off Bob...but Eddie?? Not cool.

Loved Season 4!!! Generally I've loved all of it but I do agree there was A LOT going on at the end. Feel like I need to watch it again - so much happening I've probably missed loads.
So true! I am watching it again, and I often say, I don’t remember this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter