• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strange things guests say

Heard while going through fastpass line at Soarin' "I wonder how rich you have to be to get one of those fastpass tickets".

Heard while going through fastpass line at Soarin' "I wonder how rich you have to be to get one of those fastpass tickets".

I am sure the person was really appreciative when you took a few seconds and explained how FP's worked though weren't they?

I know everyone i have helped and explained them too were. Most people think its either a pay item, or a resort only item, and when I explain to them that ANYONE can use them, it makes their trips so much more magical.

I am sure the person was really appreciative when you took a few seconds and explained how FP's worked though weren't they?

I know everyone i have helped and explained them too were. Most people think its either a pay item, or a resort only item, and when I explain to them that ANYONE can use them, it makes their trips so much more magical.

Or they get embarassed for not reading all of the abundant info Disney has posted about these, and they act offended at you trying to help.

I've seen both reactions.

My DBF and I had our picture taken in front of the "big ball" (sorry couldn't resist) on our way out of Epcot by a photopass photographer. we did the standard poses and then the photographer asked my DBF to kiss me. So we kissed. As we picked up our photopass card my DBF says to the photographer.... "that was really weird cause she's my sister"
We got a really strange somewhat scared look from the photographer.

:rotfl2: I am SO doing this next time!

My MIL...She loves roller coasters and is fearless, when we got to AK she refused to ride EE, we asked why. She had seen the IMAX movie Everest and it made her dizzy, she knew the ride would be the same because of the name. We also rode without her and she was crabby because she said she waited and walked all over and couldn't a single gift shop or food place anywhere. I can't think of anyplace in any of the parks that you can walk 5 steps without finding something for sale.

Or they get embarassed for not reading all of the abundant info Disney has posted about these, and they act offended at you trying to help.

I've seen both reactions.

Yes.

I've stopped giving away Fast Passes we're not going to use, too. The look of fear, and as if I was handing them a kilo of cocaine to smuggle, got old.

Yes.

I've stopped giving away Fast Passes we're not going to use, too. The look of fear, and as if I was handing them a kilo of cocaine to smuggle, got old.

Yes, we've gotten this reaction way more than a thank you. I didn't stop to explain the fastpass system because I was walking quickly through the line and didn't want to take fifteen minutes explaining the system. It would have defeated the purpose of getting a fast pass in the first place. Had I been standing next to him in the standby line with nothing better to do, then sure I would have done my best to explain it to him.

Yes.

I have as well...people now are less trusting IMO. The last time I tried, I had gotten them for Peter Pan and decided we weren't going to go on again and offered them to a mother with her young children about to get a fast pass. She looked at me like I was a creepy lurker (keep in mind I'm about 5"2 and look like Alice in Wonderland, so not really very intimidating).

Love this thread, btw! So funny!

This thread is so hilarious !! :rotfl:

Got one too, although it's not at WDW, it is Disney related ;)

Here in Belgium, we have this thing in summer with sand sculptures made at the beach. Each year they have a different theme, and this time it was 'Disneyland Resort Paris'.

Me and my friends were walking past all the sculptures, when I heard a young couple talking about a sculpture.
The boy was wondering out loud from what movie the sculpture was. The girl had no idea either. I looked at the sculpture they were facing, and it was the scene from Beauty and the Beast, where Belle sits at a fountain, with two little lambs/sheeps next to her.

So I turn to the couple and explain to them that it's from 'Beauty and the Beast'.
The guy looks at me, then looks back at the sculpture and then replies :
'Oooooooh...okay.... so which one of the lambs is the beast ???'

I just had to leave them because I couldn't stop laughing :rotfl2:

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move this there now.

Yes.

They are going to xray you and find about 13 more fast passes in your lower intestines. :scared1:

Me personally, I can't bring myself to use the term 'Hollywood' Studios. I'm sure I'll get over it. I guess I feel like the 'MGM' part was kind of taken away under ill pretenses. KWIM?

Yesterday while at Epcot with my hubby we overheard an older woman telling someone in her party that "The Coral Reef restaurant is over there....That turtle ride is over there and the Finding EMO ride is somewhere over there...."

uh huh...Finding EMO....Saddest clownfish ever...

Years ago I began taking a new medication for a chronic condition just before a trip to WDW, and to say that this particular med turned my brain to mush would have been an understatement. My ds and I had just gotten to MK and he asked me what ride I wanted to go on first. Somehow what came out of my mouth was "Carrots of the Pirobbean." No, I don't still take those pills. And yes, we still look for the carrots every time we ride Pirates of the Caribbean! :rotfl:

Topamax by any chance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter